Round 19 Discussion

What a finish.

Congrats to Souths.

The commentators IMO wanted the Chooks to win.

I think Leilua lost control of the ball when he was putting the ball down, but the commentators were shocked when the video ref said no try.

I was a bit concerned, when the Souths bench were celebrating the try, 2 of the players went on the field. ( I think it was 2) another Souths player dragged them off.

Last edited:
I think Leilua lost control of the ball when he was putting the ball down, but the commentators were shocked when the video ref said no try.

The current rule is separation, which there wasn't any and they have been giving those all year.

I'd rather the rule be control of the ball but you cant switch that type of rule mid season when so many tries have been awarded due to it.

I was a bit concerned, when the Souths bench were celebrating the try, 2 of the players went on the field. ( I think it was 2) another Souths player dragged them off.
I saw that when I got home and watched the replay and wondered would the Roosters or NRL try and use that against us, though I am pretty sure the full time siren had gone off. Eddy Pettybourne pulled them off but I can't remember everyone who was on the bench celebrating.

The current rule is separation, which there wasn't any and they have been giving those all year.

I'd rather the rule be control of the ball but you cant switch that type of rule mid season when so many tries have been awarded due to it.

I thought it was a very tough call. But it was similar to Wade Graham and a few similar ones throughout the year. It is one of those 50/50 calls that really comes down to how much space you see in between freeze frames. Russell Smith obviously saw enough to not award it and for that, I am a happy this morning.

I saw that when I got home and watched the replay and wondered would the Roosters or NRL try and use that against us, though I am pretty sure the full time siren had gone off. Eddy Pettybourne pulled them off but I can't remember everyone who was on the bench celebrating.

Look, if you want to get technical, the game isn't "over" until the referee blows full time, regardless of the siren. And so yes, technically Souths had 15 men on the field.

But let's be practical here. The play was stopped, the team was celebrating, nobody in their right minds is going to claim they should have their points deducted. As much as I bag out Souths, that was one of the great comebacks and the most genuinely exciting and memorable moment in rugby league in years. If they were to detract from that by going on about the 15 on the field that would be the worst PR mistake in the history of the game.

Been incredible this year with the dramatic comebacks and match winners. Just imagine if it continues into the finals.

vs. Souths 2003.

The biggest get out of jail finish I've seen.

Oh yes I've been looking for You Tube footage of that game for so long. Unbelievable moment.

Last night was definitely the most exciting finish I've seen in years. As a neutral I found the whole game enthralling. Roosters will take a long time to get over that one.

I thought it was a very tough call. But it was similar to Wade Graham and a few similar ones throughout the year. It is one of those 50/50 calls that really comes down to how much space you see in between freeze frames. Russell Smith obviously saw enough to not award it and for that, I am a happy this morning.

The video ref from our game has actually been dropped. I think the call was fair enough but others like it in previous games should have been given the same outcome and not awarded.

It was a very very exciting match. More so because it was the Roosters and well you know....everyone hates the Roosters :D I think my back is almost back to what it was after Scott picked me up and threw me around LOL *nothing suss*

Unread

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Volvo Driver
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Behold
  • broncos4life
  • mrslong
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bronx48
  • lynx000
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bert_lifts
  • azza.79
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • Redux
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.