Round 19 Discussion

Tuivasa-Sheck's work at the back has cost his team two tries.

Raiders lucky to be infront here.

Tuivasa-Sheck is having an afternoon to forget. Intercept straight to Whitehead and the Raiders eventually score off the back of it.

Valemei with a strong run back on the inside to finish it off.

Some inept decisions by the bunker in the raiders vs warriors match.

2 week suspension for Bhunt there if they are consistent with Payne's suspension a few weeks back

2 week suspension for Bhunt there if they are consistent with Payne's suspension a few weeks back
Aaaaand absolute garbage and inconsistency from NSWRL (what else is new)... Bhunt charged with a Grade 1 despite doing an almost identical crusher tackle to Payne Haas, which saw him cop a Grade 2

Well that crushed the Hunt back to Broncos rumor then, clearly if he was coming back he would have received 4 weeks and would need to sit out the time for us next year........... 😉

Last edited:
it doesn't need spin
the decision to move on from Bennett was the right call
the decision on his replacement was the wrong call
I remember the posts around the time concerning WB, his age and how the game had passed him by. I thought they were ridiculous and said so. I wonder, has anyone changed their mind? Be great if the odd poster would put their hand up and say 'I got it wrong'.

I remember the posts around the time concerning WB, his age and how the game had passed him by. I thought they were ridiculous and said so. I wonder, has anyone changed their mind? Be great if the odd poster would put their hand up and say 'I got it wrong'.

Not sure why you posted this in this thread but I will and already have put my hand up. I wasn’t critical of Wayne, I’m a massive fan, but I did say I can see the reasoning behind moving him on although I didn’t agree with the method. I also was carefully optimistic about Seibold which is a positive mind set to live by but unfortunately was completely removed from what would be reality.

I do admit I should’ve shown Bennett more support and to not fall for the Seibold hype, though I do believe I was mostly pretty noncommittal in my opinions either way.

He's got to get his team to the big dance and actually win it before it's not the same song and dance with Wayne in my opinion. Souths are in the same position they were with Seibold in 2018. He needs to improve on that seasons finish (as well as his Broncos finals finishes I might add).

I don't think people were wrong to criticize Wayne's methods and the results that followed. Our finals exits in 2017 and 2018 were disgraceful and Wayne didn't seem to have the answers. In retrospect of course, he should have had a proper 2019 farewell, might have provided the necessary extra motivation. Might have been another embarrasing finals exit, who knows.

He's got to get his team to the big dance and actually win it before it's not the same song and dance with Wayne in my opinion. Souths are in the same position they were with Seibold in 2018. He needs to improve on that seasons finish (as well as his Broncos finals finishes I might add).

I don't think people were wrong to criticize Wayne's methods and the results that followed. Our finals exits in 2017 and 2018 were disgraceful and Wayne didn't seem to have the answers. In retrospect of course, he should have had a proper 2019 farewell, might have provided the necessary extra motivation. Might have been another embarrasing finals exit, who knows.
Plus Souths attack is all Demetriou.

Getting up when they are down and are being written off is undoubtedly Wayne though.
Absolutely, and easily as important as the attack but other posters keep chirping in with Bennet ball references but now he has a brilliant ad lib 6 and superfast 9 it's all Wayne

Absolutely, and easily as important as the attack but other posters keep chirping in with Bennet ball references but now he has a brilliant ad lib 6 and superfast 9 it's all Wayne

Yes some posters are being petty and attempting to be clever but really, wait until he's actually won something hey.

Not sure why you posted this in this thread but I will and already have put my hand up. I wasn’t critical of Wayne, I’m a massive fan, but I did say I can see the reasoning behind moving him on although I didn’t agree with the method. I also was carefully optimistic about Seibold which is a positive mind set to live by but unfortunately was completely removed from what would be reality.

I do admit I should’ve shown Bennett more support and to not fall for the Seibold hype, though I do believe I was mostly pretty noncommittal in my opinions either way.
You didn't see the post to which I responded? It was in this thread.

So, is it only winning a gf that would show WB was a current(methodology etc) coach and not a coach who the game has left behind?

I thought exiting the finals in the first game was his downfall? Now his team is deep into the finals and that's still not evidence enough that he's up to the job of leading a modern rugby league team?

You see, at the time he was sacked/left it was the prevailing wisdom on this forum that WB was 'past it' but I disagreed with that belief. I think he's already proven, yet again that he is still very much a modern coach.

We, the Broncos should have honoured his contract and seriously considered his request to add a year to it before seeing him transition to CD. Surely we wouldn't be the horrible mess we are now.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • eggstar10
  • Manofoneway
  • Socnorb
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Bongo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.