Round 19 Discussion

Just when you thought Tommy Turbo couldn't have any more of a shit game. Starting to think he is a bit over-rated actually.

Last edited:
OMG 😯 Titans just leap frogged Sea Eagles, Warriors, Tigers into 9th.

What placing are the Broncos again?!

Just when you thought Tommy Turbo couldn't have any more of a shit game. Starting to think he is a bit over-rated actually.

Not overrated. His body just continually fails him.

I have no doubt that fully fit he's the best fullback in the competition (excluding Munster).

Turbo is the best fullback in the comp (and yes if injuries were taken out of the equation then I'm taking Turbo over Teddy all day).

Being injury prone is not the same as being overrated... unless you're rating Turbo as someone who never gets injured haha

Smith throws the ball forwards into a Tigers player to milk a penalty, referee duly obliges.

Nicho was offside... how the **** is it a professional foul against an offside player

Smith throws the ball forwards into a Tigers player to milk a penalty, referee duly obliges.

I remember Milford used to do this too and every man and his dog savaged him for it.

[Storm player hits someone high] Referee "play the fucking ball ya soft ****"

[TPJ hits someone high] NSWRL "you can sit on the sideline for 4 weeks"

Only 32 point at HT, these fuckers are savage.
Tipping 70+ for the Sunshine Coast mob

Turbo is the best fullback in the comp (and yes if injuries were taken out of the equation then I'm taking Turbo over Teddy all day).

Being injury prone is not the same as being overrated... unless you're rating Turbo as someone who never gets injured haha
So you rate turbo better than Teddy? Turbo is a gun #1 but nowhere near tedesco imo...injuries have ruined him but still streets ahead of the rest....even goes better than boyd on crutches!!

So you rate turbo better than Teddy? Turbo is a gun #1 but nowhere near tedesco imo...injuries have ruined him but still streets ahead of the rest....even goes better than boyd on crutches!!
I said excluding injuries.

Turbo shits on Teddy when it comes to ball playing... and is pretty much equal with Teddy in every other aspect... and probably better than him in other aspects.

Turbo is absolutely vital to Manly and them losing him dropped them from premiership dark horses to also rans.

Teddy might have him slightly covered for his work through the middle, but Turbo's ball playing abilities are miles ahead of Teddy

Last edited:
I said excluding injuries.

Turbo shits on Teddy when it comes to ball playing... and is pretty much equal with Teddy in every other aspect... and probably better than him in other aspects.

Turbo is absolutely vital to Manly and them losing him dropped them from premiership dark horses to also rans.

Teddy might have him slightly covered for his work through the middle, but Turbo's ball playing abilities are miles ahead of Teddy
All good mate....i dont agree but you have a couple good points where turbo rates better...i thought manly were going to possibly be contenders early this year before he got injured....shows how shallow their deprh is

Friend and Cordner out

they just need to retire, otherwise they’ll get even more brain damage than they already have from living in Bondi for so long

All good mate....i dont agree but you have a couple good points where turbo rates better...i thought manly were going to possibly be contenders early this year before he got injured....shows how shallow their deprh is
It's really all just opinions so all good... but I do think under the new rules Teddy is catching up to Turbo because the roosters emphasis is to run through the middle and Teddy is everywhere through the middle and behind the ruck... so in that sense the ball playing requirements of a fullback are lowered.

However we haven't really seen what Turbo can do under the new rules... but we know that Manly are a team that like to exploit the middle through inside balls and intricate plays utilising Fainu/ Jurbo, DCE and Turbo behind the ruck and through the middle.

Teddy appears to be more of an off the cusp fullback whereas Turbo fills in as that genuine third playmaker. Turbo hasn't really been needed to be that guy going through the middle, although he did provide a glimpse of it during Origin and from centre.

I just think Turbo covers every base as a fullback and if injuries weren't an issue and they were both the same age... I'm building my team around Turbo, although Teddy is a very good 2nd pick if needed.

Last edited:
Friend and Cordner out

they just need to retire, otherwise they’ll get even more brain damage than they already have from living in Bondi for so long
Friend can join fafita and milford on the pokies.....cordner has been a good player but who will forget the **** milking the penalty in origin to win the series...also only got the aus captaincy when inglis "retired" ...but credit where due, makes fafita look like the over rated gronk he is

It's really all just opinions so all good... but I do think under the new rules Teddy is catching up to Turbo because the roosters emphasis is to run through the middle and Teddy is everywhere through the middle and behind the ruck... so in that sense the ball playing requirements of a fullback are lowered.

However we haven't really seen what Turbo can do under the new rules... but we know that Manly are a team that like to exploit the middle through inside balls and intricate plays utilising Fainu/ Jurbo, DCE and Turbo behind the ruck and through the middle.

Teddy appears to be more of an off the cusp fullback whereas Turbo fills in as that genuine third playmaker. Turbo hasn't really been needed to be that guy going through the middle, although he did provide a glimpse of it during Origin and from centre.

I just think Turbo covers every base as a fullback and if injuries weren't an issue and they were both the same age... I'm building my team around Turbo, although Teddy is a very good 2nd pick if needed.
You make very valid points and true that turbo hasn't had the the time under the new rules...hard to argue the points you raise...maybe my senses have been dulled by the Ch9 lovefest for teddy😂

Friend and Cordner out

might be all that soy latte they consume

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Evander
  • Lurker
  • achievedrap
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.