PRE-GAME Round 19 - Eels vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

He might of been out of our 30 so we can only use him a couple of times through out the year.

He has started in just one NRL game when he partnered Luke Brooks for Wests Tigers in 2018 against the Raiders.
Gamble had an impressive 25 try assists in his 32 Intrust Super Cup games for the Dolphins which will come as no surprise to those who have watched him at Broncos training.

"He always had the view if he came home and played for Redcliffe that he would get the opportunity to play for the Broncos.”

If he resembles any of the current NRL players in style it would be Canberra's Jack Wighton. Gamble is 189cm tall and weighs 97kg while Wighton is 189cm and 93kg.

"It is really his Broncos debut in the position that he plays. He doesn’t play hooker, I don’t know what was happening last time they played him there.
"Friday night is all about him believing he can play at that level and that he has earned the right to be out there."

Last edited:
baseketball.gif

He is a pretty physical player. He has a decent all round game really, but i dont think he is an NRL standard half, not even close. Not sure if he could do a Wade Graham tbh.
Thanks for the reply... Was more a comparison of the specs between Graham and Gamble to get an idea of if he had the size to transition to a second rower.

I'm starting to get a sense that he has some skills, but perhaps not the next level to become a legit playmaker in the NRL hence the question of whether he could adapt to a different position.

Could a comparable player be Moon?? Who I always thought would be better as a second rower... not enough skill or speed to be a legit half, but enough size to be a ball playing second rower if he dedicated himself to the transition (I think Moon also played some lock coming through the juniors)

Alternatively could he be an option in that left centre role (pending speed and defense)??

Last edited:
Please.

This is the perfect bounce back game for the eels. They will turn up with their power game that has humiliated us on a number of occasions on our slide towards the wooden spoon over the last 3 years.
They have been pretty average for a couple of months now..

even if you don’t just call it a day at the 60 minute mark and give them confidence that they are a good team before there tigers match up next week. Play for 80 minutes. Who knows what will happen

I have only seen him when he played that stint off the bench earlier this year.

He seemed reasonably big for a half (189cm and 97kg on Broncos profile) so he may actually complement Dearden in the halves.

If he has some skills then he could be a big body to put some pressure on the defensive line.. I recall him being fairly rangy as well. Hopefully he can hold his own in defense as well.

Looking at those stats again is there an opportunity he could be converted to a 2nd rower @Wolfie ??

Looks to be the same size as Wade Graham... although Graham plays with a lot of intensity so Gamble would need to have that in him to make the transition.

What's his play style like??

This is all I have seen of him. His short kicking game looks the goods. I wonder if his long kicking game is as effective. How good would that be.

Who even knows if Gentle will be here next year or what the new coach thinks of either player...

But FTR, Gamble only got the starting spot this week because Croft was knocked out at training
Kevvie was the one to drop Croft when Pies was still the ‘coach’

This is all I have seen of him. His short kicking game looks the goods. I wonder if his long kicking game is as effective. How good would that be.

Wasn't everyone complaining about his defense last game? I'd like to think he'll get to show some attack but he's playing for 2020 Broncos...

Wasn't everyone complaining about his defense last game? I'd like to think he'll get to show some attack but he's playing for 2020 Broncos...

Well it was his first game, at hooker I think. He's a 5/8. As I said, makes this game really interesting

Looked a little more like a halfback than a 6 in those highlights. Got the ball a lot at first receiver, popped up on both sides of the ruck and doing more ball playing and kicking than finishing off at 2nd receiver. He looked to have nice vision and awareness on the field as well.

I'm interested to see how he goes, but it may not be the best game to get a gauge on him, given he's coming up against the flat track bullies with the NSWRL needing the eels to be played back into form. If he can create anything with the likely 35% possession and 30% territory then he probably has a bit going for him.

If he has any sort of long kicking game then lock him in for the halves next year !!

Last edited:
Looking foward to seeing more of Gamble. 190cm tall and 97kg, he is a pretty big unit. I would love to have a Campese like five eighth. No idea if Gamble is any good just intrigued, and happy to not have a midget defending in the halves like we usually do.

Looking foward to seeing more of Gamble. 190cm tall and 97kg, he is a pretty big unit. I would love to have a Campese like five eighth. No idea if Gamble is any good just intrigued, and happy to not have a midget defending in the halves like we usually do.
i felt sorry for him playing dummy half... looked like alot of effort to bend down and pick up the ball hahah

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • Porthoz
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • BroncoFan94
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Dony Eliakim
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • theshed
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.