PRE-GAME Round 19 - Eels vs Broncos

BroncsFan

NRL Captain
This is all I have seen of him. His short kicking game looks the goods. I wonder if his long kicking game is as effective. How good would that be.

Looked a little more like a halfback than a 6 in those highlights. Got the ball a lot at first receiver, popped up on both sides of the ruck and doing more ball playing and kicking than finishing off at 2nd receiver. He looked to have nice vision and awareness on the field as well.

I'm interested to see how he goes, but it may not be the best game to get a gauge on him, given he's coming up against the flat track bullies with the NSWRL needing the eels to be played back into form. If he can create anything with the likely 35% possession and 30% territory then he probably has a bit going for him.

If he has any sort of long kicking game then lock him in for the halves next year !!

Last edited:

ostin86

QCup Player
Looking foward to seeing more of Gamble. 190cm tall and 97kg, he is a pretty big unit. I would love to have a Campese like five eighth. No idea if Gamble is any good just intrigued, and happy to not have a midget defending in the halves like we usually do.

Tristan1990

BRL Player
Looking foward to seeing more of Gamble. 190cm tall and 97kg, he is a pretty big unit. I would love to have a Campese like five eighth. No idea if Gamble is any good just intrigued, and happy to not have a midget defending in the halves like we usually do.
i felt sorry for him playing dummy half... looked like alot of effort to bend down and pick up the ball hahah

Organix

NRL Player
This would be great. Most big guys get shifted to centre or 2nd row, eh?

Harryallan7

NYC Player
If these lazy entitled pricks couldn’t be motivated to play for Seibs, and now can’t be motivated to play for new coach because ‘season is over’ and the games ‘don’t matter’... well guess what... the Bulldogs are about to beat South Sydney and put us squarely in last place.
Show some goddam pride in the jersey and get out there and avoid the first spoon in Broncos history. No excuses.

Jedhead

NRL Player
Oh well I suppose we've got to face the music sometime this week.

With the amount of injured, hangers on and demotivated individuals this could get very ugly.

Time to strap on my Weapons Grade Y-fronts and push on to the Cowgirls game.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Oh well I suppose we've got to face the music sometime this week.

With the amount of injured, hangers on and demotivated individuals this could get very ugly.

Time to strap on my Weapons Grade Y-fronts and push on to the Cowgirls game.
I have so many questions but mainly do you normally freestyle?

KnToad

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
That's cause you're only looking at half of It
....which is being conveniently overlooked by all and sundry....
Yes we have had the season from hell but goddammitt with all the suspensions and injuries as well as letting players go mid-season we have struggled to field a decent team all season.
The biased pricks in the media bleat about how badly Newcastle played last week because of "missing" players who had been rested.
there was 3......! They have made excuses for most of the other tems this season when there were key players missing but "the Broncos shouldn't be using injuries as an excuse......"

Highwayman

NYC Player
....which is being conveniently overlooked by all and sundry....
Yes we have had the season from hell but goddammitt with all the suspensions and injuries as well as letting players go mid-season we have struggled to field a decent team all season.
The biased pricks in the media bleat about how badly Newcastle played last week because of "missing" players who had been rested.
there was 3......! They have made excuses for most of the other tems this season when there were key players missing but "the Broncos shouldn't be using injuries as an excuse......"
I'm not blaming this either, but legit - refs have fucked us more games than not. It's not the main reason for the upcoming spoon, but sure hasn't helped. I'm thinking of the game we led Manly 18-0 then the ref blew something like 10 six-agains and a bunch of regular penalties, literally whistled Manly back into the game and got them home. Plenty here said it was the worst they ever saw.

Anyway yeah we add to the trophy cabinet tonight, congrats boys. Fitting sendoff for Darry. Take the spoon with you and fkoff.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
Anyone actually excited for game day?
Oh I'm excited.....For the end of next week. I don't even have any energy left to tear the entire rabble of useless cunts to shreds in the Season in Review thread. The fact that 2021 probably won't be much better doesn't help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.