vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he plays like that every week, we have the best front row in the game.
Comes across as a guy who’s got it/ realised what he needs to do to be affective. Looked so lively tonight, I’ve copped so much shit from my mates about him. (Not that I give a shit) I’m like the **** is 20 give me a break…..he’s got it. It will click.

don’t bring tell Wolfe

I don’t agree at all. Everything Carrigan did today can be done at front row. Hetheringotn locks down that middle 3rd defensively a bit better as well whilst having better ball playing ability and he can still make good metres. Carrigan played superb but I think we still kick him back to prop cause well that’s where he should be. Shit doesn’t just change overnight, something important people need to learn it was a great result but if we can’t do that week in and week out or we can’t do that in an away jersey where the crowd isn’t hyping them up it means nothing. Nothing! Thus, whilst I’m a big Carrigan supporter one game for me doesn’t get himself in front of Hetho who had a massive season last year and a great pre-season when Carrigan slots into the front row better than Hetho who is predominantly a ball playing lock with some size about him not really a prop you start with. Like Robati punch off the bench but he isn’t a long term prop they have their own respective positions as a Lock and edge forward respectively.

** I apologise in advance I probably have made grammatical errors that are going to tick Huge off. Actually he might lay off cause he seems to be anti Carrigan tonight.
Nah, thought Carrigan was great, busted a gut. One stupid penalty but that aside I thought he played really well. I think Staggs was our worst but he definitely wasn't terrible either. Great team effort.

Keen to see how this Bulldogs team goes against the Cows

I reckon we can go 2-0

IF we beat the Doggies next game it’ll be the first time we have won 3 games in a row since Rd9-11 in 2019 (including the last round victory over Newcastle last year)
Just little things to give the playing group confidence.

Turpin didn't do anything creatively but he made a mountain of tackles tonight, probably did enough
Sure did . Not sure if there was any tv commentary around it but he looked pretty groggy at the game after that ripping effort to clean up at our end late in the game. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out for next week. I could be wrong though

Hope TPJ gets covid before next weeks game or cops a suspension from this weekend as I don't want to watch him monster our new shiny half back and risk us losing him for the season.

Make no mistake the Dogs have recruited quite a pack of intimidating thugs and will be out to cause maximum damage on anyone they play.

I think Patty may have won back the lock jersey after tonight.

He had a great game. Our go forward suffered when he and Haas went off. It improved when they came back on. I'm very surprised he wasn't part of the shortlist for the Broncos MOTM.
He could do the same job at prop though I think. Having Carrigan and Hetherington on the field at the same time would do wonders for us.

Nah, thought Carrigan was great, busted a gut. One stupid penalty but that aside I thought he played really well. I think Staggs was our worst but he definitely wasn't terrible either. Great team effort.
You might have missed this on TV but Staggs was ganged up on and they rushed him constantly. His defense on the other hand seemed almost perfect, shutting down a few opportunities on his side. Wasn't bad, Souths just did well to shut him down.

He could do the same job at prop though I think. Having Carrigan and Hetherington on the field at the same time would do wonders for us.
I definitely agree but Wolfie had a good point about us needing more impact off the bench so we don’t fade so badly when Payne and Patty go off.

Having Hetherington and eventually Flegler coming of the bench at the 30 minute mark (possibly Paix too) would keep momentum. The 10 minutes either side of half time are the biggest weak spot for us and if we get the rotation right we should be able to overcome that.

You might have missed this on TV but Staggs was ganged up on and they rushed him constantly. His defense on the other hand seemed almost perfect, shutting down a few opportunities on his side. Wasn't bad, Souths just did well to shut him down.
Yeh they did double and sometimes triple mark up on him as soon as the ball was going his way. I'm sure our coaching staff will work out a play that sees us take advantage of that. i.e. Staggs as the decoy with Riki running a line into the created space.

I think Reyno, Riki, Staggs and Cobbo will make a great right flank and like wise there are already great signs of Walters, Capewell, Herbie and Oates forming an understanding on the left.

If we get a few bounces and calls going our way it shapes up as a season that will make me more pleased than pissed.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Walters
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. James
16. Palasia
17. Robati

Walters looks threatening at times and defended well, so he keeps his spot on the left instead of moving Kelly.

James was average last night, but I think him and Kennedy are the only fit options until Flegler is back.

I’m not an anti-longhairer…. Patty just can’t do it.

Please, we can't cut Patty's hair. It'd send too many people over the edge.

966214B0 7303 4FB2 B47F AC466C5E4322

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • Rah88
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.