PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realised, we now have three legit field goal options if Isaako keeps up last night's form:

Isaako
Capewell
and wait for it...
Reynolds!

I just realised, we now have three legit field goal options if Isaako keeps up last night's form:

Isaako
Capewell
and wait for it...
Reynolds!
Makes a huge difference when teams don't know who to zero in on.

I haven't been Isaako's biggest fan, but he has to keep his spot if he keeps up his form. Niu needs to earn his spot back from reserves.

Makes a huge difference when teams don't know how to zero in on.

I haven't been Isaako's biggest fan, but he has to keep his spot if he keeps up his form. Niu needs to earn his spot back from reserves.

Totally agree and this has always been his challenge. He has a history of following a great game up with an ordinary one, lets see how him and Turpin respond next week because despite Turpin's lack of attack, his defense was massive last night and defense is what this current team needs.

I really think the make up next week's 6, 7, 9 and 14 is a pleasant headache for Kevvie.

I'd like to see him add something in the red zone, in the trial he came up with a short pass that wasn't on and last night he dead set passed it to the grass.

I think that's where Tesi has him covered, he's a better player in attack and defensively they're as good as each other.

Isaako
Capewell
and wait for it...
Reynolds!
Add in Kelly/Gamble whoever is in the side and I'm pretty sure Herbie would be able to kick a ball alright as well..

definitely don't need to rush him back unless isaako is stinking it up , give his hammy's a workout in cup first and go from there

I'd like to see him add something in the red zone, in the trial he came up with a short pass that wasn't on and last night he dead set passed it to the grass.

I think that's where Tesi has him covered, he's a better player in attack and defensively they're as good as each other.
Did you watch that pass again on replay? Not defending Isaako here but I felt Farnworth was a metre or more too far back and Cobbo too far forward. The pass itself was fine but Farnworth wasn't up far enough and definitely Isaako could have directed it better. He certainly didn't pass it badly though, not straight down or anything to be fair.

I got to admit im super exited to see reynolds in this team. If there was one thing lacking from last night it is composure of a quality half and a pin point kicking game.
Even in bad form (and there is reason to believe he will be in), he's better at those things than any of our other halves, and his leadership is rhe cherry on top.
After that, whoever you throw around him will be so much more effective.
How many chances did we butcher? There were kicks that went for a twenty restart, backline plays that were either just not on or butchered.
Our defence got us inspite of our attack, not because of it and how often have we been able to say that?

Did you watch that pass again on replay? Not defending Isaako here but I felt Farnworth was a metre or more too far back and Cobbo too far forward. The pass itself was fine but Farnworth wasn't up far enough and definitely Isaako could have directed it better. He certainly didn't pass it badly though, not straight down or anything to be fair.
No wonder he hit the grass, he was trying to pass to his left centre and right winger at the same time.

We need to be going hard at TPJ's edge... fatigue him through defence and force him to continually make decisions between Riki line running or going to the edges and into Staggs hands.

We need to be going hard at TPJ's edge... fatigue him through defence and force him to continually make decisions between Riki line running or going to the edges and into Staggs hands.

Yes but also need a plan B because as implode prone TPJ is and as unfit as he is, he will have an absolute screamer against us, you can be sure of it.

TPJ will find a way to get suspended for round 2 anyway.

TPJ will find a way to get suspended for round 2 anyway.

that will be some amazing effort given the new judiciary penalties and the fact he no longer wears a Broncos jersey.

he'll proably think he has a free reign now ... in the trials he didn't even get charged for something that got him suspended for 5 weeks when playing for us

You might have missed this on TV but Staggs was ganged up on and they rushed him constantly. His defense on the other hand seemed almost perfect, shutting down a few opportunities on his side. Wasn't bad, Souths just did well to shut him down.

This bodes well for when Reynolds returns. A good half will exploit that by going short to Riki or using Isaako as an extra man and send it wider. The more defenders on Staggs, the less defenders to cover the others on that right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Dreaglor
  • Allo
  • Dexter
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Lurker
  • Stix
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.