PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we actually going to be rocking a full strength team for the first time in HOW many years?

Still think people get too wrapped up on meters made. I think what James bought was important at a time when we didnt have Pat and Payne on the field. Hopefully we will evolve enough as a side so we dont need to have a player like James out there because i think apart from his organisation and his know how to keep things tight, he didnt offer much in go forward.
Mmmmm, I am not going to debate the importance of metres made but I will offer this. We've read a thousand headlines about Payne Hass and never once has the highlight been his organisation. Metres made is however! Whether a forward's job is starting or from the bench he must make metres, make tackles. James might know how to 'keep it tight' but that wasn't the alleged issue the other night.

Voss and Co are no different from regular fans and will go with 'a loss of go forward' when Hass and whomever go off but if you look back and check actual team metres in real games it's not actually a thing EVERY game but only in some. I've recorded several games where team metreage actually went up but thought it was likely due to fresher legs and tiring defences.

Point still stands though, for me at least, a replacement must do better than average a pitiful 4metres a hitup no matter how good their organisational skills.

Turpin's service was good and his defence exceptional.

Only changes I would make would be the obvious with Reynolds to 7, Kelly to 6, Carrigan to 8, Herrington to 13, Palasi and Walters to the bench with Robati and James remaining on the bench.

Couldn't possibly have the ineffectual James over Kennedy. I understand the reasoning but being good defensively isn't enough if you get a chance to impress and you make 6 runs for a shocking 24m. Being a good talker doesn’t make up for shit metres in my opinion. Otherwise a pretty good list.
If contributing nothing other than being a good talker is not enough, why was Boyd in the team for his final 2 years?

Seeing as you're a big fan of tackle efficiency.. You may notice an odd one out in the list of forwards here.

View attachment 17351

Don't get me wrong, James made absolutely zero impact with his runs, but if we're trying to re-build the Broncos reputation as a tough team to come up against, defense has to come first and foremost, especially in the middle of the park.
Gee, I thought Souths only scored once. Defence must have been pretty good. Small sample size.

It's nice that we're arguing about two bit part depth players instead of crucial positions at least.

It's a far cry from having Turpin and fucking Boyd as our halves pairing. Dark days.

**** Seibold.

Are we actually going to be rocking a full strength team for the first time in HOW many years?

no Flegs still has 2 weeks to run on his suspension

Mmmmm, I am not going to debate the importance of metres made but I will offer this. We've read a thousand headlines about Payne Hass and never once has the highlight been his organisation. Metres made is however! Whether a forward's job is starting or from the bench he must make metres, make tackles. James might know how to 'keep it tight' but that wasn't the alleged issue the other night.

Voss and Co are no different from regular fans and will go with 'a loss of go forward' when Hass and whomever go off but if you look back and check actual team metres in real games it's not actually a thing EVERY game but only in some. I've recorded several games where team metreage actually went up but thought it was likely due to fresher legs and tiring defences.

Point still stands though, for me at least, a replacement must do better than average a pitiful 4metres a hitup no matter how good their organisational skills.

Even with certain players making monster meters in games, we still got beaten pretty easily. We are still a fairly young pack in the scheme of things. What players like James and Capewell bring is that little bit of leadership we have probably been lacking. Now whether thats down to their experience in handling things or whether our other players have just got a lot better we wont know until they arent there. That was certainly the sort of tight game we tended to lose in recent years. I think i'll need a bigger sample size of games before i really make up my mind.

Turpin's service was good and his defence exceptional.

Only changes I would make would be the obvious with Reynolds to 7, Kelly to 6, Carrigan to 8, Herrington to 13, Palasi and Walters to the bench with Robati and James remaining on the bench.
...still want to watch the Bulldogs game today but id be happy with those changes

Because his metres made are usually ridiculous. People have always said he can also improve by adding an offload to his game, therefore metres made isn't the be all, end all of a prop forward. Your whataboutism doesn't win you the argument. Kennedy did **** all and makes mistakes, James also did **** all in attack but brings other things to the table. Not a single person is saying they should both lock in their spots though. You seem to just argue points nobody is making. It's bullshit, mate. Your points suck.

My first thought was Kennedy or James, but my own view is the players who have done the job should keep the shirt as a reward for their performances.
Definitely agree with that philosophy - which is why even though I’m one of Isaako’s biggest critics (at fullback), I think he deserves to continue playing until he unpicks himself - however much like we are bringing Reynolds in because he’s clearly a better player than either Walters or Kelly, Hetherington is clearly a better option than Kennedy (who is serviceable depth and earns his wage. relax, Huge). I also see it as rewarding Hetherington for his pre-season form.

I’ve definitely come around to the idea of not changing the starting forwards though. Having all the best forwards on to start leaves too much of a gap when they come off at the same time. Having quality on the bench will be important and Haas is good enough alone to not need the best guys on while he is.

Because his metres made are usually ridiculous. People have always said he can also improve by adding an offload to his game, therefore metres made isn't the be all, end all of a prop forward. Your whataboutism doesn't win you the argument. Kennedy did **** all and makes mistakes, James also did **** all in attack but brings other things to the table. Not a single person is saying they should both lock in their spots though. You seem to just argue points nobody is making. It's bullshit, mate. Your points suck.
So, straight to aggression.

So, straight to aggression.
I questioned your superior opinion and you made bullshit statements about me never coaching, you’ve made statements that I’ve never played sport and been wildly wrong on every occasion. You’re wrong this time, you’ve been wrong a lot but we never get the Huge “I was wrong” quote, only this bullshit. Also how was that straight to aggression? Your responses only work if you don’t read the entirety of someone’s posts. Half of your responses have been about things nobody is saying. You’re dishonest and full of shit.

Definitely agree with that philosophy - which is why even though I’m one of Isaako’s biggest critics (at fullback), I think he deserves to continue playing until he unpicks himself - however much like we are bringing Reynolds in because he’s clearly a better player than either Walters or Kelly, Hetherington is clearly a better option than Kennedy (who is serviceable depth and earns his wage. relax, Huge). I also see it as rewarding Hetherington for his pre-season form.

I’ve definitely come around to the idea of not changing the starting forwards though. Having all the best forwards on to start leaves too much of a gap when they come off at the same time. Having quality on the bench will be important and Haas is good enough alone to not need the best guys on while he is.
So, rather than a prop you want a lock. A 95kilo lock instead of a 111 kilo prop. Hetherington is a much better lock than Kennedy! Okay .

I questioned your superior opinion and you made bullshit statements about me never coaching, you’ve made statements that I’ve never played sport and been wildly wrong on every occasion. You’re wrong this time, you’ve been wrong a lot but we never get the Huge “I was wrong” quote, only this bullshit. Also how was that straight to aggression? Your responses only work if you don’t read the entirety of someone’s posts. Half of your responses have been about things nobody is saying. You’re dishonest and full of shit.
So, more aggression, more outright lies. I've admitted to being wrong quite a few times. My post was fair and neutral and you went straight to aggression and continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • Painin the Haas
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.