vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw hethrington into lock, reynolds to halfback, walters to utility. Let gamble play q cup and show he should be there, along with james.
Kennedy keeps his bench spot, along side walters, robati, palasia.
From what i learned of last night: palasia is a starting prop in another pack but not this one ie. Carrigan & Haas, tyrone roberts wont play another game for us if we have 3 of our other halves available, we desperately need to learn patience in games when attacking but our desperation in defence can let us win dirty, and cobbo (like coates before him) is unpolished diamond just waiting to be shined.

We should win this game but my fear is that the boys will have a bit of a hang over from this game. They did amazingly well and hopefully didn’t over celebrate. I think we have some good leadership now though so am confident they’ll keep the boys in check.

Need to play the media into thinking Reynolds might not be right to play. That way tpj can’t paint a target on him all week.

The Dogs forward pack is about to get dicked on by us. The pack has no discipline. Their spine is incomplete with 7 and 9 being a shambles and Burton being to young to win games on their own. I’m actually a fan of Dufty but the rest of the side doesn’t lay a good enough platform for him to dominate. Same goes for Addo who is there only real dangerous outside back.

Kinda hard to say what our team for Game 2 should be. Id like a opportunity to see how the Dogs play this weekend.

Its hard to change a winning team though.

But my godness...it sounds great to say this;

Adam Reynolds IN..!:rooock:

Now THAT sounds awesome....

Turps topped the tackle count for us with...57 i think...so his defence first game is very useful. We all agreed we needed more defensive starch this year and thats how he can help.

Who, and more importantly when, he gets spelled and which of our number 14 options replace him will prove important.

So, which of our halves make way for the captain will go a long way to determine who the 14 will be.

Im thinking it may be Walters actually.

Carrigan is a prop. Thought this last year but after tonight ive no doubt.

Next step is to nail that prop rotation correctly.

I'm heading down for this game but I don't know if I should. Apart from a preseason draw at the GC last time out, my losing streak is pretty terrible. Nothing derails a good start to a season than my presence in the stands. Aw, **** it, I'm going anyways. Sorry guys.

I'm heading down for this game but I don't know if I should. Apart from a preseason draw at the GC last time out, my losing streak is pretty terrible. Nothing derails a good start to a season than my presence in the stands. Aw, **** it, I'm going anyways. Sorry guys.
Can we pay you to stay home (asking generally on behalf of BHQ)?

Hetherington has genuine ball playing abilities, can tackle like his old man.

bulk pedigree.

I won’t discuss this further. 😂

Patty played his best game I have seen .
Props to @Wolfie for his loyalty . I criticised Pattys post contact metres and his passing in the off season . He proved me wrong .
I see Hetherington in a similar role to Isaiah Yeo or Victor Radley ie going to the line with the option to pass or show and go .

My man Selwyn .
Anyone who can beat the 1st tackle on a kick return has my attention . Let alone the other things he did that let on he is a wizard .
I thought kicking to Selwyn above Mansour was an obvious tactic . Mansour can`t / won`t jump since his knee reconstruction . But he went all Xavier ... lol .

We should win this game but my fear is that the boys will have a bit of a hang over from this game. They did amazingly well and hopefully didn’t over celebrate. I think we have some good leadership now though so am confident they’ll keep the boys in check.
Hopefully the guys coming back into the team prevent any potential hang over.

The thing with the bulldogs is 2 of their back 3 are terrible at kick return sets and Okunbor is great but terrible at everything else. I’d like to see Reynolds drop towering bombs at Okunbor and if he manages to catch it, hit him early before he can wind up - pin him in the corner. That will leave JAC or Dufty to take the first hit up out of their own end and neither are physical players. It should be easy to keep them pinned down there if our defence and discipline is good.

Somewhat hoping TPJ gets suspended in this game. I just have nightmares of him absolutely wrecking us in next week's game.

Start visualising our boys wrecking TPJ .
Just little things like running multiple plays at him then exploiting his lateral movement . Niggling him till he has a brain explosion . Forcing him back wards in his own red zone so he wants to pass then intercepting his offloads .

Much more fun to imagine those things happening . Which if history is a guide could well happen.
Than torturing yourself with negativity .

This will be the kind of game where TPJ puts in one of those performances where he looks like the best forward in the NRL

Then the following week he won't even have a go

This will be the kind of game where TPJ puts in one of those performances where he looks like the best forward in the NRL

Then the following week he won't even have a go
Nope .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Lurker
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jd87
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.