Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
NRL2022Round2TeamList

I feel like we kind of learned what the best team is except fullback because Isaako was good tonight. For next week:

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. James
16. Palasia
17. Robati

I feel like we kind of learned what the best team is except fullback because Isaako was good tonight. For next week:

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. James
16. Palasia
17. Robati
pretty much spot on for me!
My only question would be around the strategy of having Carrigan start on bench, to continue on when Haas goes off.

Actually, Ive always wanted to see how Haas would go in a role similar to James Graham at the Doggies. Keep him off at the start, then play him for the rest of the game. Similar minutes to what he does now...keeps him on around the time when players get tired, and at the end of the match...and saves us a substitition? Thoughts?

Turpin didn't do anything creatively but he made a mountain of tackles tonight, probably did enough

If only he did that and offered something, anything in attack.

I think Hetherington can offset the defensive loss if we do decide to drop him, which I wouldn't be against. But I think he'll hold his spot while we keep winning at the very least.

I actually think the other way, I think Kev backs his boy in instead of Kelly to cover for other positions. Kelly did nothing wrong tonight - but every time Billy had the ball, he looked half a chance - that and I think the opposition were confused if it was turps or billy running at them half the time :P

I'd say Billy 6, Turpin 9, Paix 14. Lots of flexibility with this setup.

I actually think the other way, I think Kev backs his boy in instead of Kelly to cover for other positions. Kelly did nothing wrong tonight - but every time Billy had the ball, he looked half a chance - that and I think the opposition were confused if it was turps or billy running at them half the time :P

I'd say Billy 6, Turpin 9, Paix 14. Lots of flexibility with this setup.

Well in fairness to you, the commentators called Staggs Farnworth and they don't really look that much alike.

I think Patty may have won back the lock jersey after tonight.

He had a great game. Our go forward suffered when he and Haas went off. It improved when they came back on. I'm very surprised he wasn't part of the shortlist for the Broncos MOTM.

We won. As a starting point you have to hand that to the coach and the off season coaching staff.
Very different to what I would have done, though they go there, so……
Over to you Bronco leadership team.

He had a great game. Our go forward suffered when he and Haas went off. It improved when they came back on. I'm very surprised he wasn't part of the shortlist for the Broncos MOTM.
I don’t agree at all. Everything Carrigan did today can be done at front row. Hetheringotn locks down that middle 3rd defensively a bit better as well whilst having better ball playing ability and he can still make good metres. Carrigan played superb but I think we still kick him back to prop cause well that’s where he should be. Shit doesn’t just change overnight, something important people need to learn it was a great result but if we can’t do that week in and week out or we can’t do that in an away jersey where the crowd isn’t hyping them up it means nothing. Nothing! Thus, whilst I’m a big Carrigan supporter one game for me doesn’t get himself in front of Hetho who had a massive season last year and a great pre-season when Carrigan slots into the front row better than Hetho who is predominantly a ball playing lock with some size about him not really a prop you start with. Like Robati punch off the bench but he isn’t a long term prop they have their own respective positions as a Lock and edge forward respectively.

** I apologise in advance I probably have made grammatical errors that are going to tick Huge off. Actually he might lay off cause he seems to be anti Carrigan tonight.

I don’t agree at all. Everything Carrigan did today can be done at front row. Hetheringotn locks down that middle 3rd defensively a bit better as well whilst having better ball playing ability and he can still make good metres. Carrigan played superb but I think we still kick him back to prop cause well that’s where he should be. Shit doesn’t just change overnight, something important people need to learn it was a great result but if we can’t do that week in and week out or we can’t do that in an away jersey where the crowd isn’t hyping them up it means nothing. Nothing! Thus, whilst I’m a big Carrigan supporter one game for me doesn’t get himself in front of Hetho who had a massive season last year and a great pre-season when Carrigan slots into the front row better than Hetho who is predominantly a ball playing lock with some size about him not really a prop you start with. Like Robati punch off the bench but he isn’t a long term prop they have their own respective positions as a Lock and edge forward respectively.

** I apologise in advance I probably have made grammatical errors that are going to tick Huge off. Actually he might lay off cause he seems to be anti Carrigan tonight.
Carrigan plays the same game he did tonight in 8 or 13, Hetho adds another dimension in attack wearing the 13 and his defence speaks for itself.

Blame James. 5 runs 24 metres in 35 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • jd87
  • Organix
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.