POST GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

I think we were bent over in that game last night actually

We got the obstruction call but what else did we get? I honestly can't remember a single call where Bulldogs' fans are entitled to feel hard done by

Clear knock-on in the first set, nothing
Reynolds gets hit late on a kick, TPJ gets put on report 2 plays later, no penalty
Cobbo was clearly tackled in the air, he pulls back on the tackle but he absolutely made contact in the air, nothing
Then later in the game, the Bulldogs actually receive a penalty when Carrigan makes simultaneous contact with the kicker

41% possession as a result, 6-3 penalty count in their favour..
Out of curiousity, I had a look at the Kennel. They are blowing up deluxe about all of the calls being made against them and how hard done by they were from the reffing.

Out of curiousity, I had a look at the Kennel. They are blowing up deluxe about all of the calls being made against them and how hard done by they were from the reffing.

that was your first mistake. some interesting posters in that place and the moderation is abysmal, makes me appreciate our boys here who run this.

have an opinion at the kennel that the mods dont like and post gets deleted.

Is it just me or does it feel so much better to get the win when the dogs were celebrating like they won the grand final after every single positive for them? I mean JAC crowd surfing after a try when you have more than 30 mins left?

I think we handled TPJ and the dogs well in that they tried to start some niggle (which they are a team that tries to feed off the emotion in a game) but we didn't bite.
Respect to the dogs, they’ve found a style of footy that suits them. Brutal, aggressive, and grubby. I mean that as a compliment, it’s their club culture and it works for them. Great entertainment.

As you said though, we handled them well and fought it with composure. Absorbed the early aggression and stick to the game plan until fatigue takes the emotion out of the contest.

I can see them troubling teams with hot heads like the roosters and south’s. Those games will be great if TPJ shows up like he did yesterday.

I am as biased as any other Bronco fan but I can't remember another call they didn't get that was a 50/50

The obstruction off the scrum we scored a try from ?
No just in general. It just came across as one of those games where a more experienced ref would have just put the whistle in his pocket and only penalised obvious foul play.

Just had a read myself, what a bunch of flogs.. one bloke going on about getting dudded every game

In the Cows game, old mate was offside but only JUST, could've easily gone the other way and if so they would have lost, as it was the ref calling that offside saved their bacon

We tackled them 34 times in our 20, they tackled us 10 times in their 20. When the margin is 6 points and you get 24 more plays to score at least 1 try to negate a "bad call", you can only blame yourselves.

I had a look through the Kennel last night and often have a flick through the other forums after a game to get the other perspective. We’re very lucky to have the quality that we’ve got here. There are some loose individuals out there.

I had a look through the Kennel last night and often have a flick through the other forums after a game to get the other perspective. We’re very lucky to have the quality that we’ve got here. There are some loose individuals out there.

I reckon if you go through every forum you'll find a few, we have some here as well..

Some of the reactions after losing the trial to the Cows, I tell you what..

On the obstruction ruling I'm not getting all the angst from the Dogs supporters. Oates ran a great decoy run and Burns made a decision to stay on him. We've all played the game and I'll bet if Burns was miked up you would have heard him call to the other defenders I've got Oates or 2 etc as the play was unfolding.

Great set move and I'm hoping we can pull it on some other teams as well.

Loose bitches in the kennel you say.....

On the obstruction ruling I'm not getting all the angst from the Dogs supporters. Oates ran a great decoy run and Burns made a decision to stay on him. We've all played the game and I'll bet if Burns was miked up you would have heard him call to the other defenders I've got Oates or 2 etc as the play was unfolding.

Great set move and I'm hoping we can pull it on some other teams as well.

Nah, now that Barrett has had a whine about it, every little thing that looks like an obstruction will be called back

Putting the "controversy" from Herbies second try aside, I've just watched it 5 times over and it was beautiful work. Just the speed they ran that at caught the dogs off guard and everything was timed perfect.

If we can execute even half our set plays that well we should cause some teams a few headaches.

Also on Staggs, I'll defend him here. Most of his touches were quality (except the bombed try of course) and he caused plenty of trouble. We seemed to have a tactic of kicking behind early, I would say one of two reasons:

1) We'd identified that their centres/winger combo likes to come up early, leaving room for a sneaky kick behind.
2) We did it deliberately to keep them guessing and holding off just in case, which would give Staggs more room. It's the setup game that plays out throughout 80 minutes, we just never got the opportunity to play that trick shot in the end.

Either way, it seemed a deliberate tactic and limited Staggs' opportunity with the ball. He still needs to come looking for it more, but that will come as the season progresses.

Also on Staggs, I'll defend him here. Most of his touches were quality (except the bombed try of course) and he caused plenty of trouble. We seemed to have a tactic of kicking behind early, I would say one of two reasons:

1) We'd identified that their centres/winger combo likes to come up early, leaving room for a sneaky kick behind.
2) We did it deliberately to keep them guessing and holding off just in case, which would give Staggs more room. It's the setup game that plays out throughout 80 minutes, we just never got the opportunity to play that trick shot in the end.

Either way, it seemed a deliberate tactic and limited Staggs' opportunity with the ball. He still needs to come looking for it more, but that will come as the season progresses.

Yeah I am not concerned about Staggs yet either. 18 months of little football means he needs time to get up to speed and get confidence back. I wonder if he has also been told to just come back at a speed he feels comfortable with. The no try was bad but other than that, the very few times he got the ball, he was a handful and his defense seems to have at least slightly improved.

Man it still cracks me up Barrett's post-game. What an amateur.

How about Okunbor's pathetic attempts on both of Herbie's tries? I would be sitting him out this week, that wasn't NRL standard.

As I was reading the Bulldogs' fan forum, he's their scapegoat and to be fair, all 3 of our tries were on his side.

My initial thought on the first try was "surely not" but they obviously did some homework and knew he would come in like that.

Unread

Active Now

• UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.