POST GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Bit weird as I thought it was a really good effort yesterday. He missed 4 but considering the giants running at him it's pretty much on par.
Reynolds made more when you factor in ineffective tackles for which Kelly made none. Also when Kelly makes a tackle they tend to be pretty effective too.

I wouldn't be happy with that justification if I was a Bulldogs fan. Essentially said the call was open to interpretation and justified it by saying it wasn't blatantly wrong. I can see a similar set-play being called back by a different official.

It was a huge moment in the game as well. If the call goes the Bulldogs way they're straight on the attack and Brisbane would have been feeling gutted.
I dont like the way they officiate it currently... this stupid "didn't impact on the play" is so vague and just a blatant way to appease the channel 9 commentary team.

To me it should be if you're hitting the outside shoulder of your direct defender and it wasnt a defensive decision then obstruction.

I hate that decoy runners can hit that outside shoulder and even when they get through the line the defender still has to change their gate to avoid the decoy and then catch back up to the play... if the fullback is quick enough they're automatically outside the 3rd defender and have a 3v2.

I think the "didnt impact on play" should only be related to the defender inside your direct opposite, because you are always going to be on someone's outside shoulder... in Oates case that would be the 3rd defender in.

I had it as a penalty as soon as I saw it and was hoping Herbie would get tackled so they couldn't review it

Kelly was most definitely playing with fire yesterday defending Dufty especially letting him run and showing him the sideline a bit too much. Was lucky not to get burned on a few occasions but still he was pretty decent yesterday.

Reynolds made more when you factor in ineffective tackles for which Kelly made none. Also when Kelly makes a tackle they tend to be pretty effective too.
Actually, Kelly was right amongst it with only 4 misses. At least half the 5/8s from the weekend missed more with the Storm's Munster missing 10! There were a few with 3, couple with 2 and another couple with just the 1 but Kelly seems to have made way more effective tackles than most. I think Dearden only made 6 in the whole match with a single miss. Kelly was excellent in reality.

I wouldn't be happy with that justification if I was a Bulldogs fan. Essentially said the call was open to interpretation and justified it by saying it wasn't blatantly wrong. I can see a similar set-play being called back by a different official.

It was a huge moment in the game as well. If the call goes the Bulldogs way they're straight on the attack and Brisbane would have been feeling gutted.

You can guarantee Barrett won’t be happy with it but I like it because if that is an obstruction, it isn’t in the spirit of the game. It does suck though that had old mate dived, it would have been called.

I hope they show consistency with this interpretation, even if we are on the end of it.

Another couple of observations from last night's game. The captains challenge was only used to ensure we got another few minutes to get air into our lungs for the coming onslaught. I think patty's run to pressure the kicker was excellent to be honest, but what I have to ask was where was this sort of pressure on the kicker for the rest of the game.

Burton had so much time on every kick he was virtually using a slide rule to workout where his kick projection would land. That needs to be sorted tout suite too.

did you also happen to notice that despite the bunker normally looking at the challenge, this one was decided in less than 5 seconds

I think this might have been from some time ago and not since we won both our games. Perhaps between wins although I might be wrong about this.

He literally said it this morning on the radio, saying he missed 3 crucial tackles. But then openly admitted his is biased towards Walters.

dobbo has some cooked takes at times but this has to be up there with the worse he has ever said.

Now im not sure that kelly will be there all year or not but lets be honest we dont win the last 2 games without him in the team he has been that good for us.

Attacking wise we still look a bit shit but defensively we've improved significantly this season. I thought it was kinda telling the last 5mins of the game the Bulldogs were out on their feet in attack but we were still raring to go. Can only beat who's in front of us and 2/2 is a great start. Could very well be 3/3 next week with a winnable game against NQ.
We could be 4/4 as we have warriors after cowboys, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If we win against the cows we are also guaranted to go up a spot at least with knights and Penrith playing

Lol Trent Barret is a loser. Glad our coaches , even Siebold, have never spoken like that

He's going to be under pressure, throughout his coaching career he's mainly gone to club where the blame could be on the coach before him

That's not the case anymore

21: 20 for Annesley's explanation.

First section just covers the strip.

25 mins

OK this is a reminder that it actually pays to watch things for yourself instead of accepting second hand accounts. Annesley does break the play down and clears a lot of elements for the Broncos (Niu receiving the ball on the outside etc.). He does remind fans that referees do have the power to make a discretionary call, but I think he could have used 19. 1 (b) to clear Oates since Burns makes contact with Oates after Oates has already run past him. I think Oates could have run further away from Burns to make it a complete non-issue .

As a fan I'm that confused with the obstruction rule I automatically think that if contact is made on the outside shoulder 99 times out of 100, obstruction. I'm not alone either and even the video referees seem confused as well which is why they're often admitting their mistakes.

Yeah and if they called the first knock on we would have been attacking their line in the first few minutes. Likewise if any of the late hits on Reynolds were called. One call that is 50/50 at best going our way doesn't come close to the blatant bullshit we endure on a weekly basis. But now we got a call our way a week before we play the Cowboys. I'm actually nervous about how badly we will be bent over this week.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Emanon
  • rnabokov
  • Broncorob
  • Confidor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.