POST GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

That was a boring game of football. We have a lot of undercooked players and I hope none of them are buying into any Broncos 2/2 hype.

Billy Walters needs to be in the starting side. Turpin is legit Macca V2. At least Macca was likeable.

Whoever didn't try and sign Sorry as FB when he was available is a bit silly. Niu or whatever his name is, is worse than Isaako?

Last night we get smoked by any team with a coach outside of Barrett.

Edit: NRL refs are still fucking useless. Tackle in air twice, penalty Bulldogs.
Niu played his first game of the season , no trials ran for 104 m had 2 LBA's and 1 TA , yes he made mistakes but in a team with only 41% possession he did ok.
Let's see how he progress's after a few more games under his belt.

I'd like to know Palasia's stats for tonight. He must be pretty close to Haas'.

Add Flegler to the mix and even young Willison mid-season to give our bench forwards a week off on rotation and we're looking damned good in the forwards.

But for the love of my aunty Mable we need to stop the off-loads against us. At one stage I heard the Dogs were 11 off-loads to our zero! I don't mind if Kevvie's instructions were to simply tuck it under the arm tonight boys, but we need to do some overtime on stopping those offloads.
This was one of the best parts of Billy's play last night .. when he came on and wasn't involved in the tackle, you could see him standing behind the wrestle, preventing any chance of an offload.

Why is so hard to protect the ball?

It's also just a valid strategy though. NRL have proven time and time again, they officiate favourably to teams after they whinge.
Jeez Canberra must get all the 50 / 50s ?
Trent has been to the Sticky Ricky school of post game press conferences ?

Did anyone read Crawley’s column this morning? Everybody was climaxing when the Raiders were dropping out of tackles so they could strip the ball but the Broncos do it and it is so unfair and is the worst rule in the game.
Yep, it is comical how obvious there hatred is.

Lol Trent Barret is a loser. Glad our coaches , even Siebold, have never spoken like that
That obstruction play was rightly allowed because Oates ran a line and the defender made a choice to go after him. Oates didn't run into him but rather the other way around. I know that obstruction plays were called LAST year but I believe the bunker has modified it's interpretation.

Attacking wise we still look a bit shit but defensively we've improved significantly this season. I thought it was kinda telling the last 5mins of the game the Bulldogs were out on their feet in attack but we were still raring to go. Can only beat who's in front of us and 2/2 is a great start. Could very well be 3/3 next week with a winnable game against NQ.

That obstruction play was rightly allowed because Oates ran a line and the defender made a choice to go after him. Oates didn't run into him but rather the other way around. I know that obstruction plays were called LAST year but I believe the bunker has modified it's interpretation.
100% Referee boss said pretty much that:

I wouldn't be happy with that justification if I was a Bulldogs fan. Essentially said the call was open to interpretation and justified it by saying it wasn't blatantly wrong. I can see a similar set-play being called back by a different official.

It was a huge moment in the game as well. If the call goes the Bulldogs way they're straight on the attack and Brisbane would have been feeling gutted.

WTF, on what basis??
I think this might have been from some time ago and not since we won both our games. Perhaps between wins although I might be wrong about this.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.