PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2024] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he would have done what the majority of us would have loved to have seen happen.

And we all saw how he left the Bulldogs, I don't think he has humbled at all, if any.

A round one loss, isn't the time to panic and make a drastic move that has a better than even chance of fucking up our premiership chances.

Of course and TPJ would be in no condition to come straight in anyway but he could well be useful later in the year. I would be seriously considering elevating Patston, he looks good and if he comes off, don't even need to consider TPJ.

Which I think would be a concern for the other team yesterday because that might be exactly what the Roosters have done. They were just about perfect yesterday.
They certainly celebrated as though they had won the gf once the siren went.

Selections aside, we really need to find a way to regularly win under Adam Gee. The NRL probably consider him in the top 2 refs now so he’s going to be assigned a lot of our Thursday/Friday night games.

We are a team that excels when play is fast and free-flowing. But when the ruck is slow, we can struggle.

Reynolds is going to have to find his kicking game again. His kicking has been a point of difference in our last 2 big games and not for the better.
Yeah his kicking has been abhorrent. He’s proven though, he’ll come good.

Yeah his kicking has been abhorrent. He’s proven though, he’ll come good.
I don’t know if I’d prefer that those mid field bombs were bad kicks or just bad tactics…

I don’t know if I’d prefer that those mid field bombs were bad kicks or just bad tactics…
They were bad kicks because they were bad tactics. I’d rather him chance his hand a bit longer and risk kicking it dead. By the time they worked it up to where Reyno was landing then they would have the same amount of tackles. You lose very little by taking that risk when your alternative is no better than the risk you take. At least if he chanced his hand longer we wouldn’t consistently be losing territory for free every set it would have happened once maybe twice if at all instead of every set.

They were bad kicks because they were bad tactics. I’d rather him chance his hand a bit longer and risk kicking it dead. By the time they worked it up to where Reyno was landing then they would have the same amount of tackles. You lose very little by taking that risk when your alternative is no better than the risk you take. At least if he chanced his hand longer we wouldn’t consistently be losing territory for free every set it would have happened once maybe twice if at all instead of every set.
Plus he kept kicking towards Tupou's wing when Pauga was playing out of position and he got that early result on him.

It just seemed like they wanted to avoid that tackle two Tupou run, when he was still easily making 10+ metre runs regardless.

It's the first match of the season - you can't expect everyone to be on their absolute A-game.

Reynolds' kicking was a bit rusty, so what. Form is temporary, class is permanent. He'll be fine.

It's the first match of the season - you can't expect everyone to be on their absolute A-game.

Reynolds' kicking was a bit rusty, so what. Form is temporary, class is permanent. He'll be fine.
There's rusty, and there's 80 years under the ocean Titanic-rusty. He went full Milford midfield bombs, repeatedly, and I still do not understand it. It wasnt like there was a massive breeze inside the stadium.

There's rusty, and there's 80 years under the ocean Titanic-rusty. He went full Milford midfield bombs, repeatedly, and I still do not understand it. It wasnt like there was a massive breeze inside the stadium.
Both our halves had Milford nights. Mam missed 9 tackles and reyno kicked like shit.

Both our halves had Milford nights. Mam missed 9 tackles and reyno kicked like shit.

Ezra has improved his front on defence markedly .
His lateral tackles when he goes low still need a lot of work . He is pretty ordinary when he has to chase across field . Gets left behind on the ground grabbing thin air .
Obvious way to attack him for the opposition .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky24
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.