PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2024] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patston or Hunt are probably pur best options to carry on the bench that can cover edge backrow.

I agree but if Baker doesn’t get the reps we have to go with Hunt.

Might be a moot point this round anyway he will be touch and go with 11 day stand down.
Yeah, geez, I didn’t even realise we only get an 11 day turnaround. At least south’s get the same. But Manly/Roosters get 14 days.

Start. Jensen.

We really need a bloke on the bench who can cover an edge, and it's sad that our squad's 3rd best edge is a reserve grade middle in Hunt.

Patston or Hunt are probably pur best options to carry on the bench that can cover edge backrow.
Patston isn't in our top 30, honestly thought he would be worth a shot as backrow cover but we would have to wait till Origin period to use him.

Patston isn't in our top 30, honestly thought he would be worth a shot as backrow cover but we would have to wait till Origin period to use him.

Just fast track him, he looks the goods.

You can use your 30 or development players anytime, but they need to be added to your 30 or development list and Patston hasn't got that yet.

Train and trials are finished now so Patston is just a Bear playing Norths on Saturday.

Brisbane have only used 28/30 NRL spots, so they have room to bring him in.

I doubt they're in any rush to do so. Burleigh play this Saturday with Brisbane playing the following Thursday. That's not a big turn-around, then the following they have Penrith at Penrith on the Thursday so the earliest would be the Cowboys game.

Ideally, Patston/O'Neil can bide their time in QCup and when Origin rolls around you can bring him in against a weakened side. Otherwise if you're turning to these players hoping for them to hit the ground running, 9/10 you're going to wind up disappointed.

For Brisbane's sake, they need an NRL player to hit the free market.

yeah I honestly have not been at all impressed with Baker. Tapau over baker for sure to make room for Willison. Kobe is the most obvious choice at second row but for some reason he must not have the lungs.

I think it`s his tackling style .
Need more ball and all tackles on the edge . He tackles low a lot , which means quick PTBs if he doesn`t get support in his tackles .

Brisbane have only used 28/30 NRL spots, so they have room to bring him in.

I doubt they're in any rush to do so. Burleigh play this Saturday with Brisbane playing the following Thursday. That's not a big turn-around, then the following they have Penrith at Penrith on the Thursday so the earliest would be the Cowboys game.

Ideally, Patston/O'Neil can bide their time in QCup and when Origin rolls around you can bring him in against a weakened side. Otherwise if you're turning to these players hoping for them to hit the ground running, 9/10 you're going to wind up disappointed.

For Brisbane's sake, they need an NRL player to hit the free market.

I reckon we could get the younger Haas if we really wanted.

Pretty poor game against the Chooks but as long as we keep building on where we are we will go far this year. No point peaking in round 1!

Pretty poor game against the Chooks but as long as we keep building on where we are we will go far this year. No point peaking in round 1!

Which I think would be a concern for the other team yesterday because that might be exactly what the Roosters have done. They were just about perfect yesterday.

Anyone think Walsh might miss a game? Has he been charged?

He will be safe. He did attempt to wrap arms but the jump up high was just awkward. If they do charge him - probably G1 for $1500
Your forgetting the broncos tax. 2 or 3 game minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.