Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Hopefully we'll have some dry weather for this one.

First game to start my 5th year of membership.

So keen to see how we go in dry conditions, Norman is not afraid to attack the line or be creative.

I'll be there as well - the proper season opener as far as I'm concerned.

Selections dilemmas though! Civ in for Slyney, Anderson misses the boat?

Can't wait...shame I'll be on the other side of the pacific. :loser:

I'll be there as well - the proper season opener as far as I'm concerned.

Selections dilemmas though! Civ in for Slyney, Anderson misses the boat?

Coxy and I were discussing this last night. Anderson has reportedly been working the house down in the offseason, so I wouldn't be surprised if he plays and Te'o misses out. Thaiday returns to the back row. We only need 1 back rower on the bench, and if that isn't gomna be Gillett I will fair dinkum turn it up.

I got tickets via the derby deal which I thought was a very good idea from the club. Looking forward to the game it should be a cracker.

Coxy and I were discussing this last night. Anderson has reportedly been working the house down in the offseason, so I wouldn't be surprised if he plays and Te'o misses out. Thaiday returns to the back row. We only need 1 back rower on the bench, and if that isn't gomna be Gillett I will fair dinkum turn it up.

Yeah, there's no way they'll drop Gillett. I'd be more than happy to drop Te'o although, in his defence, being a decent hole runner out wide he does offer a little more attack-wise than Anderson. We might also need a little more mobility in what'll be a faster game against the Cows.

I'm just hoping McGuire isn't squeezed out - surely not though.

The only changes i'd make are:
Civo to start at prop
Thaiday to start on the back row
Te'o back to the bench
Slyney to miss out

I wonder if Petero will go straight into the starting line-up or if they'll bring him off the bench in a straight swap for Slyney?

I wonder if Petero will go straight into the starting line-up or if they'll bring him off the bench in a straight swap for Slyney?

I'd bring him in to start. For mine, Civo is a starting prop, at his best in the opening exchanges. That's where his impact best lies. I can't see him as a bench player at all.

As for Slyney, he seemed way out of his depth - kept getting bent back same as Kenny in his last few seasons.

Yup. Petero to start, Thaiday to back row, Teo to bench, slyney drops off.

If Anderson is fit, drop Teo. He was awful last night, apart from one really good angle run.

As for Slyney, he seemed way out of his depth - kept getting bent back same as Kenny in his last few seasons.
He only made 2 runs..

He was crap, but he didn't really keep doing anything.

As terrible as the Cowboys were tonight, I'm bloody worried about them next week.

A few changes to their side, a determined JT and Scott and we could find ourselves in trouble.

No way the Cowboys can play that bad 2 weeks in a row.

I don't even want them to play that bad against us.

We will beat them... We will run straight through the middle of them.

Cows have amazing depth and almost picked a second string team for some reason tonight.

Add in Kalifa Fai Fai Loa, Brent Tate, James Segeyaro, Jason Taumalolo and maybe Tariq Sims and it's a completely different ball game.

Boys better be up to it.

Your lacking confidence wont help Brisbane win next friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  • Cavalo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.