PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

I feel like a ****, but I hope Boyd has a few weeks off.
If he plays like that again next week it's more than a knee in the balls he'll be getting.

1. Boyd
2.Oates
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. Nikorima
8.Lodge
9.McCullough
10. Sims
11.Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire
14. Tagatese
15. TPJ
16. Ofahengaue
17. Kahu/your choice.

I like the idea of an experienced battle hardened and proven prop to replace the starter. It also may be that Macca needs relieving but I'd definitely start him knowing you'd get every last bit of mileage out of him. With Macca on the field the tackles he makes leaves the others a lot fresher at the end of the game. I know Kahu's our main kicker but I understand that Issako is an accomplished kicker too.

This is what I would like to see:

1. Kahu
2. Boyd
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. KNik
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. TPJ
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Oates
15. Joffa
16. Haas
17. Fai

It won’t happen I know but it is what I would like to see.

This is what I would like to see:

1. Kahu
2. Boyd
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. KNik
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. TPJ
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Oates
15. Joffa
16. Haas
17. Fai

It won’t happen I know but it is what I would like to see.
I'd go with a variation:

1- Kahu/Isaako (the youngster might be too much of a risk organising the defense)
2- Oates
3- Roberts
4- Boyd (better defensively next to Milford)
5- Isaako/Kahu
6- Milford (leave organising to someone else please)
7- Knik (take control of the game)
8- Lodge
9- Macca
10- Ofa (no slight on TPJ, only to improve on prop pairing, but want him at lock eventually)
11- Glenn (must improve defense, leaves too much space for people to take Milford on)
12- Gillett
13- McGuire

14- Thaiday (short stints full of energy, or you're gone)
15- TPJ
16- Tagataese
17- Sims (better improve soon too)

Yeah, I agree. Kahu is strongest at wing and Oates is ready. It’s the smart choice.
NRL may inadvertently help with that if they decide to charge Sua for the shoulder charge.

2. Isaako
4. Opa
5. Kahu

17. Oates

For the life of me I can't understand why Kahu was picked at left center. It was always going to be a temporary setup until Bird is back and we should be focussing on defence in the early stages.

Just like Croft, Brandon Smith is the latest ‘dolly the sheep’ iteration in the Storm’s latest cloning regime.
Except he plays nothing like Cam... he's more of an Isaak Luke clone

Ofaengahue doesn't deserve to be in the side let alone starting at prop. Bring Tagatease in for some impact. Atleast he will rattle some bones off the bench.
Hass needs a run, I know he's young but the sooner we blood him the sooner he can be a weekly inclusion

You know things are bad when some fans are calling for Tagatese's inclusion. All summer, I have been reading from Bronco fans about how much better this side is compared to the 2017 version. Many a time I have looked at the roster and wondered how fans would come up with this claim. Granted, there are still some very good players but there are too many unknowns, the forward pack is still ordinary and the halves are beyond woeful. This may be the weakest roster in the Bronco's history. Will this side finish 3rd or better? Will they make the GFQ? Not a chance which makes them weaker than 2017 which is already suggested on paper. They will make the playoffs despite last night's debacle but you can sugarcoat it all you like but this team aren't title contenders. Jack Bird will help but not enough to save this current bunch.

This type of game we usually lift for regardless of how we played the previous week.

At home, we'll be much better than what we were tonight.

It will be a close one.

Close....to the cowboys.......again.

I don’t see the downside to Boyd playing centre. He can still move into fb in attack and do the sweep play, and he gets to ease back from an injury that’s clearly still bothering him.

I don’t see the downside to Boyd playing centre. He can still move into fb in attack and do the sweep play, and he gets to ease back from an injury that’s clearly still bothering him.

I wonder how many years into that new contract he'll actually last physically.

You know things are bad when some fans are calling for Tagatese's inclusion. All summer, I have been reading from Bronco fans about how much better this side is compared to the 2017 version. Many a time I have looked at the roster and wondered how fans would come up with this claim. Granted, there are still some very good players but there are too many unknowns, the forward pack is still ordinary and the halves are beyond woeful. This may be the weakest roster in the Bronco's history. Will this side finish 3rd or better? Will they make the GFQ? Not a chance which makes them weaker than 2017 which is already suggested on paper. They will make the playoffs despite last night's debacle but you can sugarcoat it all you like but this team aren't title contenders. Jack Bird will help but not enough to save this current bunch.

Bleak.

I see a problem with our attack and defence on the line if Boyd isn't at fullback. Boyd's our most important player bar none. Switching him to one side of the field exclusively does nothing for our overall structure but weaken it.

I'd go with a variation:

1- Kahu/Isaako (the youngster might be too much of a risk organising the defense)
2- Oates
3- Roberts
5- Isaako/Kahu
8- Lodge
9- Macca
10- Ofa (no slight on TPJ, only to improve on prop pairing, but want him at lock eventually)
11- Glenn (must improve defense, leaves too much space for people to take Milford on)
12- Gillett
13- McGuire

15- TPJ
16- Tagataese

its very unlikely bennett will change the 17, he may tweak the starting positions though.

the glaring thing for me - except for bird that is our best 17 last night!
with out roberts we virtually dont look like or actually score any points.
milford is gonna have taumalolo, lowe and hess steam rolling him in defense next week.

I'd go with a variation:

2- Oates
3- Roberts
5- Isaako/Kahu
8- Lodge
9- Macca
12- Gillett
13- McGuire

15- TPJ
16- Tagataese
You'd have no backup for the backs ? All forwards on the bench, big buggers too ?

They are calling for a strong genuine frontrower coming off the bench to keep momentum going. Commonsense. One guy wants two of his frontrowers to have a combined 13 first grade games between them ! Why wouldn't Tagatese be acceptable? It's the role he played at Cronulla in 2017 and he has had a preseason with us, is fit as is demonstrated by being in WBs 19 man squad and brings a mature 180 ( including a gf medal )odd games of first grade experience.

They are calling for a strong genuine frontrower coming off the bench to keep momentum going. Commonsense. One guy wants two of his frontrowers to have a combined 13 first grade games between them ! Why wouldn't Tagatese be acceptable? It's the role he played at Cronulla in 2017 and he has had a preseason with us, is fit as is demonstrated by being in WBs 19 man squad and brings a mature 180 ( including a gf medal )odd games of first grade experience.
Because he is a 30 yo journeyman on minimum wage whose career is littered with inconsistency. How would he have improved the situation last night? I wouldn't protest his inclusion because the lineup needs at least a slight shakeup. And because of Sua's "dogshot", he is a chance of being selected but he certainly won't make the side any stronger.

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.