vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd guess the NRL will do everything in it's power to keep the games on. I hope we get a game played without a crowd, sort of like when a sydney team plays the titans in Sydney!
I reckon we'll beat Souths. We should be able to match them in the middle and the teams new 'young gun' core and subsequent ownership might just drive this team just as Seibold intended. I don't see Glenn as being anything other than a figurehead and think the dynamic duo, Carrigan and Croft are going to lead this new core of youngsters. Last week's game gave me real hope for the future and no, not because we won. It's more the attitude of the duo and the lead both are demonstrating combined with the enthusiasm.

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about this game atm?

It's just too chaotic elsewhere to care about the outcome of this game.

I'm almost certain this game will be canned before Thursday anyway.
You're not the only one. I couldn't care less about a meaningless game in a competition that is about be shut down for the year and will have serious ramifications for the sport. There are many things that are much more important atm.

Their pack isn't as good as what it was last year but then again we're missing key forwards for this game so it evens out a bit. We by no means have an advantage in that department.

You think what happened with Walker last time was planned?
Of course it was. Obviously the plays were ad lib and Walker is a play what he sees 5/8th. But the ex coach of a side knows many of their weaknesses and talks to his playmakers about exploiting them.

Pride is another one of Seibold's boys isn't he? Melbourne U20's player @Big Pete (I think you mentioned this at some point)

Yeah he was at the Storm 12-14 and then Newcastle- released on personal grounds both times. Strange NRL selection.
[automerge]1584481026[/automerge]
Don’t a few posters here have concerns about Hopoate playing on an edge?

I was more confident of him on the edge than in the middle but he surprised me last week.

Last edited:
From the MM Grand Final in 2018 you now have Paix, Bullemor, Fifita, Niu and Riki all playing NRL or should this year at some time.

It's a good cohort, out of the Under 18's. I said at the time Bullemor out played Fifita, on a losing side he was tremendous and loved watching him play since that year in Under 18's.

He's a great reaction player and is suited to the bench because he is so smart, if he was a cricketer he'd be the guy that you'd want in the middle order come in at any situation and he makes good calls.

I highlighted a while ago his ability to score long range tries- I think it was 4/7 were from over half way last year. That's just him understanding the context and situation and reacting.

I wouldn't be surprised if Friday night he makes some sort of quick thinking play off the bench.

Of course it was. Obviously the plays were ad lib and Walker is a play what he sees 5/8th. But the ex coach of a side knows many of their weaknesses and talks to his playmakers about exploiting them.

It is an interesting point. How many of the current side would Wayne know really well?

1. Isaako - maybe as a winger, as a fullback? Even we don’t know that much
2. Oates - Yep
3. Staggs - A little yeah
4. Boyd - Obviously yep
5. Arthars - Nope
6. Milford - Yep
7. Croft - Nope
8. Flegler - Yes but he is improved now
9. Turpin - A little, yep
10. Haas - Yep obviously
11. Fifita - Yep obviously but knowing and stopping are two different things with this kid
12. Hoppa - Not really
13. Carrigan - Yes but also improved

14. Farnworth - Yes a little
15. Kennedy - Nope
16. Bullemor - Not much
17. Macca - Yep

10. Haas - Yep obviously

he didn't actually play that much first grade under Wayne ... played about 3 games for 30 mins total before he was out for remainder the season injured.

although there would be plenty of footage available to him of Haas destroying opposition packs

We have a few key weaknesses based on past performances which any good coach would identify from videos. For me the big thing about playing Souths is the contest between these 2 specific coaches and that Souths will lift because of that, and we just have to match their intensity for the entire 80 minutes

Fifita running at Reynolds. Load up on fts

I still can't believe this is going ahead.

I'm sure the boys will remember Benny's little victory shimmy in the sheds after last year's game and it will be used as added motivation. I'd pay any of our guys $100 if they did that same dance after a try.

It will be very interesting (and perhaps pretty hilarious) to hear the players shouting at each other during the game as I imagine the mics will pick up much of the banter with no crowd noise to drown it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • kman
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Painin the Haas
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • winslow_wong
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.