vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's alright for the rest of us to keep working why not footy players. Should be like any other industry or workplace. Be proactive, take as many precautionary measures as possible and get on with it. If a player / worker is infected then do what's gotta be done. I have to go to work every day to a site that employees 300 odd employees, if that's still safe, then so is a footy game. I don't see the harm in letting the footy go ahead. To me the big issue has been addressed and that's the crowds.

If it's alright for the rest of us to keep working why not footy players. Should be like any other industry or workplace. Be proactive, take as many precautionary measures as possible and get on with it. If a player / worker is infected then do what's gotta be done. I have to go to work every day to a site that employees 300 odd employees, if that's still safe, then so is a footy game. I don't see the harm in letting the footy go ahead. To me the big issue has been addressed and that's the crowds.

Yeah no high 5-ing. Alfie will run out water and sanitizer.

You do realise a carrier is infectious for days before they exhibit symptoms, right?

You do also realise there is actually very little evidence ofthis though right? There is evident it is happened but it is more of an outlier, similar for the guy who came down with it 27 days later, it is extremely uncommon but of course, that isn’t what the media want you to believe.

True, but the NRL are also conflicted with their financial interests as well. As are the players...if the NRL folds, they're all essentially out of a job. Hence why the NRL will keep the season running as long as possible, no different to the thousands of businesses which will be effected by this thing. At some point reality may need to intervene, but we'll see.
Effected? Shame shame ha ha.

You do also realise there is actually very little evidence ofthis though right? There is evident it is happened but it is more of an outlier, similar for the guy who came down with it 27 days later, it is extremely uncommon but of course, that isn’t what the media want you to believe.
I’ve heard several experts say the opposite so I’m going to need a source. If you’re right I apologised if youre wrong you’re spreading dangerous misinformation and should be ashamed of yourself.

I’ve heard several experts say the opposite so I’m going to need a source. If you’re right I apologised if youre wrong you’re spreading dangerous misinformation and should be ashamed of yourself.

Well where are your sources? There is alot of dangerous misinformation doing the rounds by both the media and 'experts' alike.

Also, I don't think a random bloke on a football forum needs to feel ashamed of themselves for discussing something they've heard.

Last edited:
The best scientific advice I can find is "more than 10% of patients are infected by somebody who has the virus but does not yet have symptoms". Sure that seems low, but when you're talking exponential growth in cases, 10% of that is still a linear increase.

The best scientific advice I can find is "more than 10% of patients are infected by somebody who has the virus but does not yet have symptoms". Sure that seems low, but when you're talking exponential growth in cases, 10% of that is still a linear increase.

Yes you are right of course but this is based on a small study and again, some people love to be fed hysteria and scare-mongering and so anyone who tries to calm people down are seen as deniers, etc but the reality is, 10% IS a big number but again, based on a small study and even if it is the case, what is the point of excessively worrying about something like this? The situation is scary, there is no harm in encouraging people to calm down a little.
[automerge]1584570068[/automerge]

Yeah you are right, I should join the mass hysteria going around and based on several experts you've heard and assuming I haven't heard anything to the contrary, you are right, I apologise for trying to calm the panic. Trying to be calm is, after all, in-Australian according to many 'experts' at present.

Last edited:
Yes you are right of course but this is based on a small study and again, some people love to be fed hysteria and scare-mongering and so anyone who tries to calm people down are seen as deniers, etc but the reality is, 10% IS a big number but again, based on a small study and even if it is the case, what is the point of excessively worrying about something like this? The situation is scary, there is no harm in encouraging people to calm down a little.

Yeah you are right, I should join the mass hysteria going around and based on several experts you've heard and assuming I haven't heard anything to the contrary, you are right, I apologise for trying to calm the panic. Trying to be calm is, after all, in-Australian according to many 'experts' at present.
Oh I agree.. My initial comment was to 007's post about the reason for social distancing. Totally agree people panicking need to calm the **** down!! However, I also think people who are totally blase about the whole thing need to take it a bit more seriously, too. As with most things, the truth is somewhere between the extremes.

I am calm, and people should remain calm. But downplaying risk is not the smart move either. LittleDavey’s post above this sums it up nicely.

From my reading, Symptoms appear between 2 - 27 days after infection, with an average of 14 days, however most show symptoms 5 - 7 days post infection. The golden number is 14 days when it comes to quarantine.

Also, from what I have read (and remembered) ScoMo and others who came into contact with Dutton were told they would be ok and didn't need to be tested because they had contact with him 2 or more days before he showed symptoms.

The Health Dep't says : "
The virus can spread from person to person through:
  • close contact with an infectious person (including in the 24 hours before they started showing symptoms)

Anyway, Broncos by 14

Last edited:
Re-watching the highlights from last weeks game, I feel the need to point out that there were plenty of moments in that game, especially late in the 2nd half where we got very lucky that the Cows decided to derp it. In retrospect we gave them plenty of chances to run us down that were sort of glossed over in the surprise of the win. We will need to be way better to beat Souffs.

Man I hope Isaako has another game like his Round 1. He was absolute fire outside of the cramp induced knock on.

I hope he is (and we are) prepared to cover the corridor between Boyd and Oates which is exactly where the Rabbits will go - to Roberts

Last edited:
Farnsworth starts with Oates out in that case and I wouldn't be surprised if Kennar got a call up, rather than coates. He has less versatility but is more experienced and makes plenty of yards in hit ups.
Still, coates has that X Factor so maybe?
Kennar????? He wasn't in the 21 on monday so i doubt it... Farnworth will start and either coates and niu will fight for that utility back spot on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BruiserMk1
  • Fitzy
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Culhwch
  • davidp
  • winslow_wong
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.