Round 2 - Raiders vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Wallace defended well and executed one good pass so he still $h!t IMO.

Big victory this one, after a terrible performance last week and a nightmare warm up where we lost Anderson I was incredibly surprised to see us pick up the 2 points but the boys pulled it out.

Sure, the Raiders were at their complacent best, summed up perfectly when they knocked on from the first kick off of the game but we showed some great signs out there tonight.

Also great to see Thaiday, Glenn and Macca respond with some strong performances.

Didn't think too much of both halves, thought both came up with some silly plays and of course Beale and Gagai were a bit of a worry but right now I'm just going to concentrate on the positives. Once again, I thought McGuire stood out coming off the bench, he's finally starting to come on. Parker was Parker, Hoffman was Hoffman (for the most part) and the Broncos broke a 5 game losing streak and a 6 year hoodoo.

Alec said:
Time to give McCullough the full 80.

Yes and Yes. Get Hunt in QLD cup and if he is playing the house down send Wallace to Japan.

Alec said:
Time to give McCullough the full 80.

yep, if he can't last 80 minutes on the field the forget him..... he can spend 80 minutes in the crowd.

on a different note, when are we going to teach our wingers how to catch a freakin ball!!!!!! the best catch all night was copley.

I think the best part of this game was the forwards.
Canberra talked up all pre season, and not 1 of their forwards could manage 100m. 4 (nearly 5) of ours did.

I am willing to give Gagai another chance, he is usually excellent under the highball.
I will have no problems playing Kemp though.

Big_Dave said:
I am willing to give Gagai another chance, he is usually excellent under the highball.

Gagai should get a few more weeks IMO. Copley would probably come in before Kemp at this stage although if Kemp played the house down on Sunday he could get a sniff.

I hope he really works on it through the week. We had the same problem last year with Winter, it's a really frustrating way to concede points.

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Big_Dave":34yyk3qj]I am willing to give Gagai another chance, he is usually excellent under the highball.

Gagai should get a few more weeks IMO. Copley would probably come in before Kemp at this stage although if Kemp played the house down on Sunday he could get a sniff.[/quote:34yyk3qj]

Copley is rubbish in defense. Then again you can try to hide him on the wing.

Beale is hardly a great defender either.

With Hodges back, Reed to left centre. When Hodges is eventually sidelined bring in Copley.

really stoked on the way we held in defense for probably the whole last 20 mins of the first half. in the past we would of given up a few tries and gone to half time at 20 to 6. i felt as soon as we got to the half time whistle holding on to a small lead that we could get some better ball control in the second half and score some tries.

good stuff to tough out a win in what was a fairly uneventful game, but those are they ones you gotta win.

agree about macca playing 80.

itd be nice if wallace gets his attack together because damn he does some good stuff in defence.

Big Pete said:
Beale is hardly a great defender either.

With Hodges back, Reed to left centre. When Hodges is eventually sidelined bring in Copley.

I don't rate Beale at all.
Never have, never will.
Shows shit all in attack, and doesn't defend well enough to justify his place in the team.

noisetheory said:
agree about macca playing 80.

itd be nice if wallace gets his attack together because damn he does some good stuff in defence.
I agree Macca either plays 80 or just drop him, he's best when he plays 80 minutes.
I don't know why Wallace seems out of attacking form but hopefully his try assist today will boost his confidence and he can go back to Wallace of 08/09 because defensively IMO he is brilliant so if he could get his attacking game good then he will be a huge asset for us, especially post-locky.

I loved the commitment in defense because that is what won the 2 points, Wallace was again crap (the try assist was a corker line run from Gillett which made Wallace throw the hold up pass) I just don't get his continual inclusion. Sammy was much better and in general the commitment was so much better, I think we really caught a side expecting to beat us by surprise and we need to lift more to win week in week out.

Great defensive performance tonight, and did what we needed to do in attack. Can obviously improve.

I thought our second rowers Gillett and Glenn were very good. Glenn worked hard and Gillett was hard to tackle all game. Great combination with Wallace for his try.

Agree with the sentiments, McCullough to play the 80. Hunt is offering nothing at the moment.

Jeba said:
I thought our second rowers Gillett and Glenn were very good. Glenn worked hard and Gillett was hard to tackle all game. Great combination with Wallace for his try.

I love this combination and I think Te'o and Thaiday being prop/back rower players makes these two the obvious two starters with the other two either starting as the 2nd prop or coming on as impact.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.