Round 2 - Raiders vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

What did you say Coxy?!

Let's settle this at Parramatta stadium.

The Brizz said:
I loved the commitment in defense because that is what won the 2 points, Wallace was again crap (the try assist was a corker line run from Gillett which made Wallace throw the hold up pass) I just don't get his continual inclusion. Sammy was much better and in general the commitment was so much better, I think we really caught a side expecting to beat us by surprise and we need to lift more to win week in week out.

personally i think a lot of his problems come from the fact that the rest of the team don't give him any options, we saw last night that gillet ran a good line and wallace hit him with a great pass. we need to see more of that.

Bucking Beads said:
Courier mail reporting that wallace had a great game. Can anyone explain that to me.?
While I don't agree, he was outstanding in defence and the try he set up was pretty much the game breaking try that set the team on fire. IMO Wallace will improve over the next few weeks as his confidence increases but a lot of it depends on McCullough and Hannant leading the forward pack so the halves have time and space.

IMO he was better than Lockyer and McCullough last night, Lockyer was very flat.

If Wallace can pick up his game back to how he was in 09 then we can win the competition this year providing our forwards can step it up which I think they can, the whole underrated thing will work in our favour.

PETERN said:
Too much negativity towards Beale - he mightn't not have done anything exceptional within the first two rounds but he has been fairly solid IMO.

Jack Reed has been a great find however!
It's not that he's a bad player, just that he really doesn't offer anything.
Hodges is back next week so Beale has to go, Reed has impressed me heaps IMO if he keeps up he could be rookie of the year, his defence is outstanding and very handy in attack, that offload to Yow Yeh was sensational.

Gagai had a bit of a shocker, but it was to be expected. Greasy Canberra night up against one of the best under the high ball, hardly a great position to be in. He's still a fast bugger and good at making metres through the middle. Once he settles in, he'll be a real weapon for us.

Beale still makes me feel very nervous and doesn't exactly have the size nor speed to cut it.

A win is a win but it was a pretty ordinary game tbh!

Forwards still lack a bit of startch imo.

Is it just me or has lockyer getting into dummy half alot?

Je$ter said:

Forwards won that game for us, IMO with only 2 on the bench they did incredibly well and in the second half dominated that game.

With hannant to come back and Anderson now as well our forward pack is going to really click and should with confidence dominate a few more teams.

Je$ter said:

Can't agree with that. The forwards won us the game, even after losing Anderson and pretty much Te'o...

The offense wasn't pretty and all over the place, but the defense was really good IMO.

Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:
Courier mail reporting that wallace had a great game. Can anyone explain that to me.?

Well it wasn't really a game where the halves could stand out. Was all about defence and forwards. He steered us around well, and probably the best of the 4 halves on the field. Obviously he needs to improve but it was a step in the right direction at least.

He certainly wasn't dreadful but there has been some jizz released for Wallace. He got 3 points for the game in the Warren Ryan medal FFS. It was a better preformance from Wallace.

Big Pete said:
Gagai had a bit of a shocker, but it was to be expected. Greasy Canberra night up against one of the best under the high ball, hardly a great position to be in. He's still a fast bugger and good at making metres through the middle. Once he settles in, he'll be a real weapon for us.

Beale still makes me feel very nervous and doesn't exactly have the size nor speed to cut it.

i dunno how it is expected. so i guess we have to accept he will have a few shockers (what is it two tries in two games?) until he turns into this NRL weapon everyone keeps talking about. with the team we have atm i dunno if we can carry people until they find their feet however long that may take.

Coming up against Blake Ferguson, a noted aerial dynamo, kid was obviously s**tting bricks.

I'd give him at least one more game.

Here I am the Kemp lover and even I don't want to drop Gagai FFS have a look at yourself people.

Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1825nyh8]Courier mail reporting that wallace had a great game. Can anyone explain that to me.?

Well it wasn't really a game where the halves could stand out. Was all about defence and forwards. He steered us around well, and probably the best of the 4 halves on the field. Obviously he needs to improve but it was a step in the right direction at least.

He certainly wasn't dreadful but there has been some jizz released for Wallace. He got 3 points for the game in the Warren Ryan medal FFS. It was a better preformance from Wallace.[/quote:1825nyh8]

Yes that's definately taking it way too far. He wasn't anywhere near the best player on the park, but I am happy with the improvement from round 1 and hope it continues.

jjoyce said:
Big Pete said:

i dunno how it is expected. so i guess we have to accept he will have a few shockers (what is it two tries in two games?) until he turns into this NRL weapon everyone keeps talking about. with the team we have atm i dunno if we can carry people until they find their feet however long that may take.
Kemp wouldn't have done any better against Ferguson yesterday without protection. At least Gagai interfered! Worst part is that if you watch the replays, it's Beale who nudges Gagai in the just enough to make him miss the ball when the Raiders scored. [icon_non
Not saying Gagai hadn't a shocker, but if you're gonna put a rookie winger against Ferguson, make sure he gets support under the bombs!

I thought pretty much any forward deserved the points ahead of any of the backs last night, although Yow Yeh's try was a beauty. I do think that out of the ball players, Wallace was the best on the park last night.

draggx said:
Je$ter said:

Forwards won that game for us, IMO with only 2 on the bench they did incredibly well and in the second half dominated that game.

With hannant to come back and Anderson now as well our forward pack is going to really click and should with confidence dominate a few more teams.

Really good point dx, it's easy to overlook the advantage they had in the forwards.
I'm not really understanding why Copley was preferred as the replacement over a forward when we have backrowers who can and have played centre.

I'm happy to get the 2 but still see the game for what it was. No improvement from last week, we were just had the better of two crap performances. I suppose our attack can only get better and our D has been solid.

Porthoz said:
jjoyce said:
Big Pete said:

Kemp wouldn't have done any better against Ferguson yesterday without protection. At least Gagai interfered! Worst part is that if you watch the replays, it's Beale who nudges Gagai in the just enough to make him miss the ball when the Raiders scored. [icon_non
Not saying Gagai hadn't a shocker, but if you're gonna put a rookie winger against Ferguson, make sure he gets support under the bombs!

I thought pretty much any forward deserved the points ahead of any of the backs last night, although Yow Yeh's try was a beauty. I do think that out of the ball players, Wallace was the best on the park last night.

Maybe swap Reed and Beale around if Hodges doesnt play. Reed would do a better job protecting Gagai and Yow doesnt need as much protection.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • NSW stables
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.