Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Quite simple really ... He is playing out of position with us.

The ball he got at the Raiders was generally from:

Offloads - he was able to sniff around the ruck waiting for an offload, then he could use his speed and footwork against a fractured defensive line... you can't do that as much from 5/8.

Receiving the ball deeper - by standing at fullback, so he has more time and space to do things.

Supporting line breaks - we haven't made many line breaks for him to support, but if we did, he would be better able to support them from fullback, where he can follow the play rather than trying to create for others.

Teams have been trying to figure out how to nullify Milford, turns out that we did it for them

I agree with you. My problem with Milford is not that he won't make a good 5/8 ... in another 1... 3...5... 7 games or seasons.... He probably will make a very good 5/8 providing the coaching staff set up decent attacking structures and work on combinations which last night just wasn't there.

it's because Milford can for mine offer so much more from the back for the reasons you say. At least Kahu showed a lot more at the back last night which made it easier for the team to survive a woeful Sharks.

I shudder at the prospect of playing the Roosters and other top teams with the form - defence excepted - that we showed last night.

But this has been done to death hasn't it. Milford is 5/8 and we just have to wait till his selection there bears fruit. At the same time, There's a lot more which has to happen - like a decent attack and in many ways, I see very little difference in attack to the last few seasons. In fact, I think our attack is worse in some ways. The only excuse is a new roster and a new coach but again, the attacking patterns and lack of structure for mine doesn't bode well.

It's as if we are leaving attack up to individual skills rather than a plan

If Thaiday received a one match ban for pulling on the shirt of a referee then Ennis should get a few for slapping the ref in the chest and the back.

Do any of you BHQ veterans know where to find WBs press conference?

Deadset that was two bottom four teams slapping eachother with wet lettuce for 80 minutes. The same boring unimaginative attack as Wayne has thrown up for years with a poor roster of outside backs (when a very old and clearly slower) Hodges is easily your best back you have issues. Milford either needs to play fullback or play next to Hunt in attack not on the opposite side of the worlds slowest hooker. Bennett keeps playing this mind numbing style where we have that one set play that the Dragons used well in 2010 and the rest is one out garbage or flat footed sideways garbage we will ruin Milford and will finish in the bottom 2.

Also that was not some heroic defensive display. It was Cronulla the worst attacking side on the planet, Kahu made one great tackle on Bukuya but besides that they were even less threatening than us. Gallen is their most creative player and he is a thick head lock with no creativity, Barba and Robson is easily the worst halves combo in football, Ennis is devoid of anything positive in attack and Gordon left his best footy behind him half a decade ago with his healthy knees.

Deadset that was two bottom four teams slapping eachother with wet lettuce for 80 minutes. The same boring unimaginative attack as Wayne has thrown up for years with a poor roster of outside backs (when a very old and clearly slower) Hodges is easily your best back you have issues. Milford either needs to play fullback or play next to Hunt in attack not on the opposite side of the worlds slowest hooker. Bennett keeps playing this mind numbing style where we have that one set play that the Dragons used well in 2010 and the rest is one out garbage or flat footed sideways garbage we will ruin Milford and will finish in the bottom 2.
Tell me Buzz, how did you come by your name?

I know its only game 2 but I've been very supportive of Bennet and I've yet to see any real change.

Last night reminded me of our form in the back half of 2012. We'd defend fantastically but in attack we'd scrap our way to the oppositions 20m and could get 10 repeats sets without ever looking like crossing. Our attacking structure looks the same as it has for 3 years now despite a completely new coaching staff and dozens of player changes.

Milford is also playing worryingly similar to Barba and I'd hate to see us appear to be the catalyst forvwasted potential.

We better see some improvement in the next few weeks or it'll be an all too familiar feeling come September.

Can anyone explain what Reed is doing in this video? For a supposed "great defender" he sure looks FUCKING SHIT.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152830035273074

He has got progressively worse both in attack and defense since his breakout year. Guy is an absolute nuffy who wouldn't make any other full strength NRL backline which just demonstrates how bad ours is.

The only positive I took out of this, is that Thaiday is prepared to work to get his spot back. Leave him on the bench for a few more weeks to see just how bad.

Our defence seems far more structured, and it looks like in attack we were more prepared to throw the ball around. I can't help but think our attack would be 1000x better if Milford wasn't out of position.

But anyway, lets see what next week brings.

Didn't see the game, but I see Blair did a single hitup in the entire game? Is that right? Didn't take him long to revert to his *awesome* west tigers form. Great buy Bennett.

People saying it was a brilliant defensive effort - again, didn't see it, but are you sure you're not mistaking poor attacking for brilliant defending? It's the Sharks. Cronulla. Probably the worst team in the league. Stacked forward pack with a ball hogging captain, not much else.

Was going to watch the game on replay in the next few days, but after seeing even diehard broncos fans sayit was one of the worst, slowest games they've ever seen I think ill give it a miss.

On a side note, Justin hodges gives the best post match pressers of any captain. His face while being asked questions is priceless.

Didn't see the game, but I see Blair did a single hitup in the entire game? Is that right? Didn't take him long to revert to his *awesome* west tigers form. Great buy Bennett.

People saying it was a brilliant defensive effort - again, didn't see it, but are you sure you're not mistaking poor attacking for brilliant defending? It's the Sharks. Cronulla. Probably the worst team in the league. Stacked forward pack with a ball hogging captain, not much else.

Was going to watch the game on replay in the next few days, but after seeing even diehard broncos fans sayit was one of the worst, slowest games they've ever seen I think ill give it a miss.

Didn't watch the game, checked stats, will pass judgement

Don't bother with the replay we were shit they were just more shit than we were. It was a bottom 4 battle at best.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncosgirl
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • bazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • Culhwch
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.