Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Kahu definitely seems to have turned a corner with the bombs. Dissappointed with his play if the ball though.
The very next play he didnt play properly either.

Hard pressed to see what changes we should make next week. Garbutt has to be knocking at the door. We desperately need some size and metres up the middle.

Kahu definitely seems to have turned a corner with the bombs. Dissappointed with his play if the ball though.
The very next play he didnt play properly either.

Hard pressed to see what changes we should make next week. Garbutt has to be knocking at the door. We desperately need some size and metres up the middle.

Perhaps though after Wallace's effort I think finding space for him on the bench will be a hard task.

I know we won the game, but I'm still not jumping on the work photocopy machine butt-naked.

Well considering Kahu saved us certain 4-6 points I think we can forgive him for that play the ball, outside of that he did everything right defensively of a fullback, looked good attacking the line too.

I know we won the game, but I'm still not jumping on the work photocopy machine butt-naked.

You don't have to, but I don't think anyone is quite frankly blowing it out of proportion as some amazing win either, as far as I have seen its been pretty balanced aftermatch thoughts, no OMG THAT WAS AN AMAZING WIN.

Well considering Kahu saved us certain 4-6 points I think we can forgive him for that play the ball, outside of that he did everything right defensively of a fullback, looked good attacking the line too.

Agree. Great trysaver
His attack surprised me he made it much closer to the line both attempts than I expected but Im not sure he remebered he had a winger outside him.

Watch the replay again. Nikorima kicked the ball forward not Kahu

That tackle was a cracker!

In a matter of words, a scrappy contest but one that can be built on. There are a lot of areas that require improvement but they were always going to come with time and of what I saw there was plenty to like. Once the players become familiar of their responsibilities, grow in confidence and gain a reputation I believe we'll witness some exciting Rugby League.

What I like about the Broncos in 2015 is that there seems to be a lot more intent about their play. In the past few years, beyond working to the second man play, I never quite figured out how the Broncos planned to trouble the defence but I'm seeing a lot more expansion and a greater sense in switching from 'grinding' to 'expanding' which is important as mixing it up is an important quality. One particular move that stood out to me was watching both halves pop up across the field. I think that's fantastic and would like to see more of it. I understand the allure of having options side to side but at times, you just have to play what's infront of you and if it means we need a playmaker in a specific spot, I'm glad they're at least in the vicinity.

The offence requires work, but the defence so far has really impressed me. It seems a lot more secure now and I think we've got the right players coming up with the big plays. So far, that's been the big stand-out for me and even then, there could be more improvement.

MotM would have been tough. I didn't really think there was a stand-out for the Broncos, all of them had good and bad moments for me but those try savers from Ben Hunt and Jordan Kahu were special. I can understand how fans are disappointed in general, but how some can remain silent on that and bag the team out confuses me.

Each to their own.

Scrappy game and win but a win is a win and you gotta take any win you get.

The team looked a lot more committed this week and it showed with our defence which was very impressive despite being on the wrong end of possession/territory/penalties. The Sharks attack was very poor and disorganized but to not concede a try will be a lift to the guy's confidence.

Kahu justified his selection at fullback and was a safe as a condom under the high ball. I was always wanting him to get the fullback spot and it's great to see him making the most of it.

Keep Oates in the team for the next game, played well tonight and made some Vidot type runs.

Was impressed by Milford tonight, he was more willing to get involved and he took the line on, looked dangerous at times and came up with some big plays in defence dragging Beale into touch and coming up with a desperate try saver on Holmes.

Hunt just keeps getting it done superb player and to think he had to wait this long to get a chance? Reminds me of Michael Hussey being picked for a test debut at 30. Thought Hodges had a great game tonight as well.

First win of the Wayne Bennett era and first win for Hodges as captain.

Geez, tough crowd here.

It wasn't a great game to watch by any means, but I thoroughly enjoyed the effort we put in and the defensive display.

I thought Kahu was excellent at the back - love his confidence under the high ball, took some absolute belters.

Also felt that Wallace did quite well, managed a few half-breaks and if he had a bit more support, could have gotten an offload or two away.

It's too early in the season to be micro-analysing everyone's performance, I'm just going to sit back, enjoy the win and look forward to the improvements we make in the coming weeks.

One could say that I'm pro Bennett, but that was Bennett-ball in it's truest form. I dunno whether to be happy or sad. A win is what we all needed, but some class wouldn't go astray.

Great to see Kahu play with confidence!

Kahu was great. I don't think Bennett has anything to do with the tactics or game plan. He focuses on the basics - go forward and defence. Who does the tactics? The attack is a dog's breakfast. I thought the game plan ... err ... was there one?

I hope it's not going to be a case of leaving it up to individuals to make things happen. Some real structure in attack is really really needed. I can't see any at all.

Bennett is doing his job. Someone else in the coaching staff isn't.

On that form, we are plodders, except for the fantastic defence.

I dont really care about him, but what the hell has happened to Barba, his frickin useless these days. How can he go from bein so great in 2012 to now playing like a drunken chinaman?! On the boys though, what a epic defensive effort. Hard to find a place for Copley next week, given how well Kahu an Maranta played - safe as houses tonite.

TBH beside his 2012 season and all stars game in 2013 Barba has always been a hit and miss imo. He scored 23 or 24 tries in 2011 but he was still a problem as he let about 3 times as many in. Beside his speed his other big attribute is the ability to back himself and he has little confidence as his suspension at the start of 2013 has knocked him and it will be interesting to see if he can get back up again. Always had a feeling this would happen to him eventually, those players who just have speed and that's it pretty much always drop out sooner or later.

Some good signs from a team that is clearly still getting to know each other.

Anybody disappointed with a win is off their head.

Very happy with J.Wallace's game.

Nikorima looked like he was getting comfortable....a few more games coming off the bench will do him good.

Thaiday redeemed himself, somewhat.

I thought Blair was OK in defence but 1-2 hit ups for a prop is unacceptable.

Though Wallace was good , and Kodi showed a bit of zip.

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • Rambstien
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • porouian
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.