Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

You got a real photo of this or just a computer generated image ??
Sure. A photo from inside the unit during construction? Progress reports? I've got dozens from various stages of construction. Even from when it was a hole in the ground. Hell, I've even got an ultrasound!

I know you don't really want a photo.

Being built or yet to be started.
Couple weeks from completion.
20201218 135023
20201221 155001

Buying OTP apartments on the coast by itself is no indication of sophistication. 5% deposit and the hope of growth is a game as old as the pink flamingo.

Buying OTP apartments on the coast by itself is no indication of sophistication. 5% deposit and the hope of growth is a game as old as the pink flamingo.
10% and you're correct, it's a gamble. I didn't do it to be sophisticated. I wanted a view of the ocean and plan to live there when I've finished working. It was never to make money. I did some research and 20 months ago there was quite a few predictions of a 5% growth in values so I thought, why not.

Covid happened and what do you know, there's been a big shift in the market due to investors/buyers looking for property in popular holiday destinations. There's been a surge on the Gold Coast as overseas holiday destinations have collapsed. That has resulted in growing demand for aussie destinations.

Got lucky in a sense but it was never about investment. The fact it's beachfront with unobstructed views left and right means it's desirable as a holiday rental.

10% and you're correct, it's a gamble. I didn't do it to be sophisticated. I wanted a view of the ocean and plan to live there when I've finished working. It was never to make money. I did some research and 20 months ago there was quite a few predictions of a 5% growth in values so I thought, why not.

Covid happened and what do you know, there's been a big shift in the market due to investors/buyers looking for property in popular holiday destinations. There's been a surge on the Gold Coast as overseas holiday destinations have collapsed. That has resulted in growing demand for aussie destinations.

Got lucky in a sense but it was never about investment. The fact it's beachfront with unobstructed views left and right means it's desirable as a holiday rental.
Coast is going silly, there is no chance you won't have already made some $$$
That area will get flooded but , at least you won't need to travel for much.

Coast is going silly, there is no chance you won't have already made some $$$
That area will get flooded but , at least you won't need to travel for much.
Apparently the unit is worth a healthy chunk more than I paid so you're right and about the only good thing covid has done is boost aussie real estate. A simple google search about GC prices in '21 confirms it. That said, a healthy rise was predicted 6 months before covid hit and covid has pumped it up even further.

Just wish I hadn't paid the extra $80 to the world famous Nigerian Ticket Scam!!

Apparently the unit is worth a healthy chunk more than I paid so you're right and about the only good thing covid has done is boost aussie real estate. A simple google search about GC prices in '21 confirms it. That said, a healthy rise was predicted 6 months before covid hit and covid has pumped it up even further.

Just wish I hadn't paid the extra $80 to the world famous Nigerian Ticket Scam!!
Yep you've not only lost the internet but you have lost in life by doing that you big loser you.

the only good thing covid has done is boost aussie real estate.
Good for people who already own places maybe, but not for many of us normal working folk looking to enter the market.

The prices down this way are utterly insane. Can't even buy the worst house on the shittest street, let alone the worst house on the best street.

Cheering if you already own property in some places though.

Anyway, a discussion for another topic.

Good for people who already own places maybe, but not for many of us normal working folk looking to enter the market.

The prices down this way are utterly insane. Can't even buy the worst house on the shittest street, let alone the worst house on the best street.

Cheering if you already own property in some places though.

Anyway, a discussion for another topic.
Okay, granted it's not great for everyone but truthfully it's not forced prices up overall. It's more it's bumped a few select places. One of the hardest thing for young homemakers to understand is that they aren't entitled to pick from the top shelf. I've heard the whinge about house prices but many, not all but many believe they're entitled to buy exactly where they want and there should be affordable homes available and it's all so unfair.

My first house was humble but it became home. I looked at 54 houses before finding mine. I bought garage sale furniture, took second hand hand me downs from my YOUNGER sister. I wasn't blocked by pride nor did I think I was entitled to better. Not saying anyone here is but nothing I had was new. Second/third hand lounges, beds and cupboards. I built fences with weatherworn timber. I could afford three little mock orange offshoots per fortnightly pay and grew a grand hedge over years. I was also a single father. I sacrificed my wants for my son to send him to a good school, to pay for music lessons.

It seems a lot of the whinge I hear is from people who believe they should or must live in the best suburb or their suburb of choice. Sure, sour old man ranting if you wish. I think the best strategy is to be humble at first and work like a demon killing the small mortgage and then using that financial muscle to get the desired home in the desired suburb.

This isn't aimed at you and I won't clog up this thread with more. Besides, it's a dead thread so it's probably not a biggy.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • HarryAllan7
  • Old Mate
  • Morepudding
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.