POST GAME [Round 20, 2021] Broncos vs Cowboys

It seems a few guys did okay with solid contributions from lesser lights really helping. While not his normal performance Glenn had a good game defensively. His running wasn't bad either. Ball handling/security was pretty good overall with total team errors solid.

I've only seen the game once but another improved performance was my impression. Thought Kennedy did okay considering he wasn't a 100% going in. I certainly paid attention to our stars too. Our young guys stood up in the forwards. Replay time.

I reckon Croft on points....... (err....Croft was the better player)

Which really just shows how shit Deardon is. We were right to let him go.
I think most people with eyes realised Dearden has always been, and will always be, useless.

Totally agree. It was a stupid question from a certified idiot. What was Croft supposed to say? "Yeah 83.4% of us are playing for each other at the moment. It's great that we've lost Lodge and TPJ as that percentage would have been lower if they were playing".
Assuming he can’t even put in an entire percent of not putting in, surely Milford has to be the 0.6%?

I'm just glad he's doing it in a different coloured jersey now
If you look at Dearden you can see the potential, it's just he shouldn't be playing 1st grade right now.
Both he and the cowboys are going to regret rushing him into the 7 and the fact theres a potential replacement coming next year probably means they know it.
His kicking game needs to improve dramatically before he can be considered a regular 1st grader.
Imagine a young half playing and training with Adam Reynolds?
He might be getting some itchy feet next year I suspect if he loses his spot.
Croft can probably educate him on the mistakes of young halves chasing a starting spot with a change of club. The grass isn't always greener.

Dearden has shown nothing, no creativity at all.

They made the right call there, he's basically just feeding it to Drinkwater and the forwards without ever challenging the line or asking any questions of the defensive line
He's what you call an "organizing halfback," a player who needs to combine with someone like Milford so he can "play his natural game."

He fired (thanks to dodgy cowboys defence) and Drinkwater didn't.

There was an amazing bit of commentary last night on the Fox call, at a nothing point when Drinkwater got the ball at first receiver and shoveled it on quickly. "There's Drinkwater again, he's been troubling them all night!" Imagine not watching the game and just listening to the commentary and/or reading the media, we'd be the most maligned sports team in the world lol. Well more than we already are...

228882587 1026594811078287 6292651811853931650 n

We absolutely cannot under play how good Gamble was last night.

At the game - on and off the ball Tyson made a huge difference to that team last night. I daresay (and hope I'm right) that Staggs would be happy to forfeit the 6 jersey to Tyson next year to get good ball and more space.

Right now, he's my first picked player after Haas

This ^ Some of the tackles he makes as well.. no other half in the comp is doing that.

Enjoyed the second viewing. As usual we have the detractors pointing to their least favourite player's shortcomings.

Plenty of individuals making the extra effort plays which was great to see. I thought Croft played really well(again after last week) but that one kick that Dearden picked up, mmm. Bet he'd like his time over. Good game over all. All the forwards were good and that was the foundation.

The rest of the team got their chances on the back of a cohesive forward pack. Nobodies mentioned a swinging arm that seems to have been missed. The young kid Willison copped one to the back of the neck and head. Molo. 18.05 to go in the second half. Solid impact.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Jazza
  • MrMoore
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Justwin
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Alec
  • barker
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • RodF
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.