[Round 20, 2022] Broncos vs Wests Tigers

Maybe but to be fair to coaching staff, we rested our Origin players as much or more than other clubs

But getting them physically right and mentally right are two different things. Physically, i dont think we are too bad. We have seen teams hit hard by Origin, its happened to us plenty over the years. That Origin period can just be more mentally draining than physically draining for some teams.

Maybe but to be fair to coaching staff, we rested our Origin players as much or more than other clubs
yeah it doenst seem like we are physically tired just all the little effort areas of our game are not there.

and so many simple unforced errors happening to .

Its a clunky ass game for both teams. hoping for a much better effort second half

I don’t like the whole carrigan link man thing. Run it

I think he's been doing it a little too much personally but its worked pretty much all year so far. Could just be its one of those games where things dont go right.

We are playing like shit.

Tigers are going to snatch this.
Not going to happen. The other Broncos team will appear for the second half. It will come on the back of KW screaming( telling forcefully 😉) at the forwards to stop the show pony shit and run hard tackle hard and let the others be the superstar playmakers.

We're going to grind out an average win.

The boys are underestimating the Tigers here, could get their pants pulled down if they don't smarten up and get their defensive game going.

But getting the physically right and mentally right are two different things. Physically, i dont think we are too bad. We have seen teams hit hard by Origin, its happened to us plenty over the years. That Origin period can just be more mentally draining than physically draining for some teams.
Damned if you do and damned if you dont. We rest them last week and we lose we would be asking why they not playing.

I get what you say but it’s a tough balancing act when you are trying to finish top 4

I'm not sure about Reynolds and Staggs defending next to each other. Reynolds is small and Staggs just can't read the play. Staggs is a bit of a worry IMO
There's been zero issues all year... it was a soft effort from Staggs

Reynolds is good defensively as he reads the play well and gets up in their face.

Handling and complacency is hurting us severely, however Gee’s excessive use of the whistle is impacting our dominance up the middle. If he stopped blowing ridiculous nit pick penalties and six against I think we’d have bashed the tigers into submission.

Staggs is a bit of an enigma. Sometimes he's awesome at defence with his hard hits but other times he tends to run in off his line causing pressure to the Broncs winger when he gets it wrong.
But I do like how they used Staggs for a simple running hitup in the middle.

There's been zero issues all year... it was a soft effort from Staggs

Reynolds is good defensively as he reads the play well and gets up in their face.
I think we have gotten away with it to a degree. Staggs always looks lost when he has numbers running at him. I don't think he's the sharpest bloke running around.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • NSW stables
  • davidp
  • mrslong
  • Broncs1459
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • Yellowfella
  • ostin86
  • HarryAllan7
  • Scdeac
  • winslow_wong
  • Gaz
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • sooticus
  • porouian
  • Maddy
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.