Belmore Sports Ground

Saturday
Afternoon
15:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably shouldn't because of the injuries we've got, but feel like Kevvie should rest Haas.

Give him that extra week resting that hammy. It's always best to take the cautious approach with them. Jensen has shown he's more than capable of doing a good job in place of him.

We probably shouldn't because of the injuries we've got, but feel like Kevvie should rest Haas.

Give him that extra week resting that hammy. It's always best to take the cautious approach with them. Jensen has shown he's more than capable of doing a good job in place of him.
It might come down to Capewell being back which Kev has said he thinks he might be able to.

I was actually really impressed with Willison despite him only playing 10 minutes in the middle. He seemed quite difficult to put down and his PTB speed was lightning quick. I would like to see him get some more minutes if they decide to rest Haas for this game!

Has this been confirmed? I've had mates say he is still suspended round 21 and would love to have it confirmed to not be the case!
From the NRL Site
  • Reece Walsh (suspended Round 18-21 – Contrary Conduct)

Plus this is an "Afternoon" game. We do need to note our games which have been played in daylight hours.

I don't see Mozer playing this game, but I can see him being blooded the following week.

Broncos always said they were going to debut him at the back end of the season, I think he could do a good job now especially with Walters playing the bulk of the minutes.
Mozer's clocked up some decent attacking stats in the Cup (13 games, 5 tries, 6 assists) thanks in part to his combo with Te Kura:

ScreenScreenshot 2023 07 03 at 17 23 31 Blake Mozer

His defence is also acceptable:

ScreenScreenshot 2023 07 03 at 17 25 46 Blake Mozer

In comparison, here's Billy in the NRL (17 games, 1 try, 1 assist):

ScreenScreenshot 2023 07 03 at 17 27 03 Billy Walters

ScreenScreenshot 2023 07 03 at 17 28 27 Billy Walters

Mozer's clocked up some decent attacking stats in the Cup (13 games, 5 tries, 6 assists) thanks in part to his combo with Te Kura:

View attachment 22935

His defence is also acceptable:

View attachment 22936

In comparison, here's Billy in the NRL (17 games, 1 try, 1 assist):

View attachment 22937

View attachment 22938
Encouraging stats yes. Love to see it but comparing it to NRL is not really the right yardstick. Walters job in our team in good ball is getting the ball to Reynolds. That's about it. Can't wait to see what mozer delivers at nrl level, once he's ready!

I wonder what its like comparing NRL stats to QCup.....

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO
I'm not the one gushing over a dummy half who's only managed 1 try assist all season.

Walters job in our team in good ball is getting the ball to Reynolds. That's about it.
Yep, he's certainly capable of that, but until he's benched that's all we get out of dummy half.

Yep, he's certainly capable of that, but until he's benched that's all we get out of dummy half.
We get more than that. He runs the ball pretty well now and barring last week has had a few handy moments with the boot this year too. Be fair, he's not the best hooker on the market but he's far from the worst. I think he's the perfect option to bring mozer into NRL over the next year or two.

I'm not the one gushing over a dummy half who's only managed 1 try assist all season.
Well I guess you can throw him in the same basket as mitch kenny, reece Robson and the like. They have players around them that are creating the plays. Pretty effective and he's only on minimum wage

Hass can rest during the bye. I think we'll need him against the Dogs (assuming Carrigan will get a rest after origin).

He doesn't need to have a million try assists if he's got Walsh, Reynolds, Mam, etc. around him. Its a team sport, and he's doing a great job at playing his role.

If we want to look at stats (pretty sure we did this before and agreed its dumb), let's look at some compared to a player from a club we are playing next and that you and other rated above Walters.

Reed Mahoney (2023)
Games: 16
Missed tackles: 81
Penelties: 17
Errors: 14

Billy Walters (2023)
Games: 17
Missed tackles: 40
Penelties: 6
Errors: 4

Billy Walters is doing great. Let's stop bagging on the kid, and get behind him as we march onto the premiership!

He doesn't need to have a million try assists if he's got Walsh, Reynolds, Mam, etc. around him. Its a team sport, and he's doing a great job at playing his role.

If we want to look at stats (pretty sure we did this before and agreed its dumb), let's look at some compared to a player from a club we are playing next and that you and other rated above Walters.

Reed Mahoney (2023)
Games: 16
Missed tackles: 81
Penelties: 17
Errors: 14

Billy Walters (2023)
Games: 17
Missed tackles: 40
Penelties: 6
Errors: 4

Billy Walters is doing great. Let's stop bagging on the kid, and get behind him as we march onto the premiership!
What about try assists and line assists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • Santa
  • scobie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.