Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

broncoscope

NYC Player
Feb 14, 2014
But Turpin has been their main 9 for most of the season, and Smith has played like shit the few games he has played, while on huge wages as being the highest paid 9 in the game by a margin.
I'm pretty sure Smith is injured, that's why Turpin is getting so much game time.
I agree Smith hasn't set the world on fire at the chooks though..

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I'm pretty sure Smith is injured, that's why Turpin is getting so much game time.
I agree Smith hasn't set the world on fire at the chooks though..
Turpin was the starting 9 at the start of the season too though.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Turpin was the starting 9 at the start of the season too though.
Not sure about that? Looked like Smith started 8 of the first 9 games for the Chooks and then the last 2 before he got injured he started off the bench but played more minutes that Turpin against the Panthers and then from memory got his injury next game against the Dragons.

Regardless, its nonsense to think that Smith isn't the Chooks number 1 hooker in the squad.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Not sure about that? Looked like Smith started 8 of the first 9 games for the Chooks and then the last 2 before he got injured he started off the bench but played more minutes that Turpin against the Panthers and then from memory got his injury next game against the Dragons.

Regardless, its nonsense to think that Smith isn't the Chooks number 1 hooker in the squad.
Turpin started round 3, I thought it was more actually but that was the first game I must have watched this year because I remember being surprised about it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So Haas, Flegler, Walsh and Riki confirmed out for next game BUT Capewell likely back, so:

1. Sailor
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Piakura
13. Hetherington

14. Smoothy (I'd be grooming Mozer for a debut against the Rabbits)
15. Taupau
16. Willison
17. Mariner

I'd be resting Patty too.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Wouldn't rather throw Sailor under the bus after one bad game, but I think we might be stronger with Cobbo at fullback and bring in Arthars, since Cobbo isn't doing Origin so he should be quite fresh for the more busy position.

Arthars is still ahead of Mariner imo, he killed it last week for Magpies it would probably send the wrong message if he got overlooked for a position if one was to make it.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So Haas, Flegler, Walsh and Riki confirmed out for next game BUT Capewell likely back, so:

1. Sailor
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Flegler
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Piakura
13. Hetherington

15. Taupau
16. Willison
17. Mariner

when was Haas ruled out of the Bulldogs game.

Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted

QCup Player
Oct 23, 2016

1. Sailor
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Flegler
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Piakura
13. Hetherington

15. Taupau
16. Willison
17. Mariner

I like your thinking of trying Flegs at centre. He has the size and footwork to make breaks. His passing game would benefit Oatsey as well. Hopefully he remembers how to catch. 😊

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
when was Haas ruled out of the Bulldogs game.

On about Sunday.

Has an on going ankle injury. (which happened during Origin 1 camp)

May be out until round 21.

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
2 points definitely there for the taking but with the injuries/suspension, sort of gives the Dogs a fighting chance.

They’ve been smashed lately but we’re not a team that smashes anyone, even with a fully fit squad.
I’d just like to enjoy those last 20 minutes comfortably for a change!

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
With Hass, Riki, Flegler and maybe Carrigan out, we should just get the forwards to run at Mahoney to gain some easy meters. Dude misses like a billion tackles.

If Reynolds can get his mojo back, should be some easy tries for Cobbo (off kicks) against JAC.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Pretty gutsy performance against the Rabbitohs. That’s the ‘big defeat response’ game out of the way…. Broncos to put them back in their place next week.
They have some pretty decent players. Hoping our forwards can hold their own (especially with all the injuries).

Our backs will need to win it for us, they were pretty soft on the edges.

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
They have some pretty decent players. Hoping our forwards can hold their own (especially with all the injuries).

Our backs will need to win it for us, they were pretty soft on the edges.
Especially on their left edge. Almost lost it there at the death, a couple of pacy breaks. Cobbo might have some joy

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
We’re down on players and their win against Rabbits has changed this game from a ✅ to a ❓for us unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Astro
  • Behold
  • Skathen
  • Locky24
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • Wild Horse
  • Jayare
  • Alec
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.