Belmore Sports Ground

Saturday
Afternoon
15:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we'll be without our SOO forwards, Walsh and Riki and Flegs due to injury?

Bulldogs looked quite decent with Sexton debuting. Another week to get to know the team so he'll only improve. Burton definitely looked like he was a bit more free to just play his game.

Super dangerous game now. Three teams are just two points behind and can all win this weekend, putting us well and truly back in the pack.

Got to win!!
kikau a chance to be back too apparently

1. Sailor
2. Oates (his 200th so there will be desire among the team as he is very popular)
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Piakura
13. Hetherington

14. Smoothy
15. Taupau
16. Willison
17. Mariner

That’s still a good enough team to beat Canterbury

1. Sailor
2. Oates (his 200th so there will be desire among the team as he is very popular)
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Piakura
13. Hetherington

14. Smoothy
15. Taupau
16. Willison
17. Mariner

That’s still a good enough team to beat Canterbury
Yeah good looking team but I think maybe another forward instead of Mariner.. Not sure who though..

I think Bayliss-Brow is about to get his debut. Surely if you can’t debut under these circumstances when the **** is he gonna get picked.

His form has been stronger than any other time in his 50 games. His momentum on Saturday was why Souths were up 26-0 at HT. Hunt has simplified his game and attached worth to those hard 8m runs no one wants.

that might actually be a good thing for us. Taaffe has been in excellent form, and Fatrell hasn't played for months. He usually takes a few rounds to get going
Hopefully the same applies for kikau (if he plays).

Lol of course he is! Just our luck...

Looking ahead, Larrell is aiming to return in the game against us as well....
Campbell Graham too. He was probably the best centre before injury this year. Then have the Roosters and the super in form Cowboys. If you asked me at the start of the year who I would want to face out of these three I'd never thought I'd say the Roosters but here we are.

Arey really needs to step up this coming month.

Bulldogs looked quite decent with Sexton debuting. Another week to get to know the team so he'll only improve. Burton definitely looked like he was a bit more free to just play his game.

They were made to look better by their opposition, but Dogs were vulnerable in that game. Souths were just as vulnerable which played a part.

Souths had every opportunity to win that game and came close to doing it, but some poor decisions in an attacking position cost them. Reyno won't make those poor decisions.

If we turn up for this game and put in the effort, we will win. It's going to come down to what the attitude is going to be.

We had no right to beat Warriors in NZ or Sharks at Shark Park but we did. Titans and Dolphins were run of the mill match’s in comparison but we struggled. Weeks ago Bulldogs seemed a gotcher but now has turned into a nightmare. We'll be lucky. Fingers crossed.

Josh Reynolds has announced his retirement as well... I'm assuming they will do a swansong or something for him at the game, given it is at Belmore.

Dogs will be hyped up for this game now.
His final game is this weekend in NSW Cup. They won't be that hyped up - if anyone would be, it'd be TPJ.

I think our backing gets this done. I'm Infinetely more confident with our b grade forwards while Oates is in the team.

I think Bayliss-Brow is about to get his debut. Surely if you can’t debut under these circumstances when the **** is he gonna get picked.

Apparently had a good game in QCup:

Hunt praised prop Logan Bayliss-Brow for his "fantastic" opening stint to set the platform for his side.

"He was fantastic. He's been fantastic all year and he's led us from the front. His regular middle partner, young Ben Te Kura, wasn't there tonight, but (Bayliss-Brow) led us around the park, set the platform and scored a nice try.

"It was fantastic for his 50th game and hopefully there's not too many more. Hopefully he's playing more NRL games than Cup games.

"It's really good to see him score on a milestone game and the boys really got around him."

Bayliss-Brow said he knew he had to step up without Te Kura, as well as wanting to show his best in front of family members there to support him in his milestone game.

"I just want to put some good footy together and it was a milestone game, 50 Cup games and some family in the crowd, they usually don't get to come.

"And they've got some quality middles and I just wanted to test myself and with a few players out, I wanted to lead us a bit."

Bayliss-Brow said while the first half was satisfying after winning the early arm wrestle, the second half lapse was concerning, but fixable.

"I thought we got through that pretty well and then obviously we put one on the board and then we just got a sniff and all the boys were up for it and we just kept going, got on top and then had good signs early in that second, but we just gave them a sniff and just had a lapse there for a bit and sort of let them back in it," he said.

"Our goal is to finish with that minor premiership and we're taking it week-by-week and if we can keep getting these wins and any way we can get the two points, we're happy to do that."

Apparently had a good game in QCup:

I didn’t find time to watch them last weekend but I was really impressed about a month back against PNG Hunters when it was just Him, Blake and Te Kura from the bronx playing and it was safe to say all 3 of them did an excellent job that game. Logan’s I presume second stint but at the very least his lasts stint whilst the game was all but locked up by South’s, regardless when he came back on and instantly ended PNG’s momentum through the ruck and completely flipped it South’s way just with some nice strong carries. Nothing too special but I saw something that suggested hey he has got something that can be useful if he brings this to NRL. He finished that stint off with a front rowers meaty and the supporter of a bloke who otherwise wasn’t overly impressed of the man before that game in myself.

Definitely has played some very good games in other rounds as well but just the nature of PNG being such a tough game physically and with nobody else there the attention was on them 3 and safe to say they were probably the 3 standouts by a mile in that game which is what you want. I think you owe it to him to give the bloke a crack worst case scenario is he doesn’t cut it and he goes back to doing nothing to round out his contract but you never know what might be there till you try it.

We had no right to beat Warriors in NZ or Sharks at Shark Park but we did. Titans and Dolphins were run of the mill match’s in comparison but we struggled. Weeks ago Bulldogs seemed a gotcher but now has turned into a nightmare. We'll be lucky. Fingers crossed.
The Warriors game I agree with but no right to beat the Sharks??? We were at full strength and the Sharks had (and still haven't) beaten anyone in the top 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.