POST GAME [Round 20, 2024] Broncos vs Knights

With regards to Walsh, I said to my partner after he had put a kick out on the full and then failed to find touch - those kicks were both massive, when he hits 25 he is going to be one hell of a player. His boot is potentially Lockyer-esque - if he can work out his ball playing we certainly look like we can finally replace the great one.

With regards to Walsh, I said to my partner after he had put a kick out on the full and then failed to find touch - those kicks were both massive, when he hits 25 he is going to be one hell of a player. His boot is potentially Lockyer-esque - if he can work out his ball playing we certainly look like we can finally replace the great one.

Yeah people need to remember he still hasn't even fully matured yet. He's only 22.

The errors in his game, the brain farts, they will be gone from his game when he hits full maturity and his consistency will be better. When that happens, he's going to arguably be the best player in the game.

We just have to be patient with him. It'll be worth the wait.

Totally agree. This is the time where tge likes of Walsh, Ezra, Cobbo, Mariner, Mozer & Piakura who all are of similar age is getting the taste of grade and in the process of continuous learning.
We could also throw in the likes of Willison & BTK as well.

Once they get play 80-100 odd games, they would’ve learned a lot and that learning resonates into on astute performance on field week in week out.

Boy, exciting days ahead.

This for mine highlights the lack of footy IQ we have in this team.

Walters just made a break, the defence is on the back foot, we have space and numbers on the right, but what does Ezra do? He steps off the right foot and comes back in and tries to go himself.

We probably don't score if we spread it right, but when you have half a chance you take it. The one thing you do after a break is you spread the ball. Walsh with all that space, he could create something.

This isn't an isolated incident either. It's something I've noticed do quite a few times after a break, especially last year.

Vlcsnap 2024 07 22 03h56m07s406

Fun fact about Melbourne it was founded by batman and use to be called batmainia.
Yeah, would have been really cool for tourism if we had more Batman related sites in Oz. We could have definitely milked that for a while. Kind of a shame about the syphilis, though.

Walters just made a break, the defence is on the back foot, we have space and numbers on the right, but what does Ezra do? He steps off the right foot and comes back in and tries to go himself.

We probably don't score if we spread it right, but when you have half a chance you take it. The one thing you do after a break is you spread the ball. Walsh with all that space, he could create something.

This isn't an isolated incident either. It's something I've noticed do quite a few times after a break, especially last year.

View attachment 28772
Who the heck is coaching them then? Like, I know they talk about letting them be themselves or whatever, but there has to be some actual intelligent high percentage play training going on too, so that they can identify for themselves the best options. It doesn't stifle creativity if they have more knowledge.

View attachment 28772

There are only 2 defenders on the left .
And 1 guy off side as the ball is being played . Ezra probably thought I can cause some confusion with this guy off side and get over the line .

There are only 2 defenders on the left .
And 1 guy off side as the ball is being played . Ezra probably thought I can cause some confusion with this guy off side and get over the line .

That's not where Ezra goes. When he gets the ball he's a bit further to the right and he steps back and heads back to where the play the ball is where there's about 6 defenders.

That's not where Ezra goes. When he gets the ball he's a bit further to the right and he steps back and heads back to where the play the ball is where there's about 6 defenders.

Did I not say cause some confusion ? LOL .
Internal or external I didn`t nominate .

The fact that Billy is no where near the ruck and is pointing to the left side and Piakura is moving into dummy half late might have been a missed opportunity to actually over lap them on the left .
If Ezra had swept left behind the PTB and had quick service from a proper dummy half they would have had a 3 on 2 ...

He did the math. Unfortunately it was Bronco math.

View attachment 28772
I think alot of it comes down to lack of playing together for a stint, with more sweep plays that pay off the more likely the players think about those options, with Reyno and Walsh back this play is nearly always on but it's been months since we have them both on.

The more success that comes from those plays the more the players think about them instinctively, the difference from a team in form and one not.

throwing it to the edge off a break was our bread and butter last year alongside just having alot of support runners for every break, I think this will come to us.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • jd87
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Redfern_1980
  • Tim K
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • mrslong
  • Midean
  • Porthoz
  • Nerd
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • the_next
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bronx48
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.