PRE-GAME Round 20 - Broncos vs Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I’d like to see us add the Panthers technique of having a player just randomly stand in front of the kicker so nobody can get to him. Hasn’t been illegal all year so it would ultimately prove if the refs do have a problem with us if we are penalised for it.
This has been a point I have been making for months now especially with Dearden
If he is given time to kick he normally kicks pretty well but he needs help from his forwards to block the markers or at least make life difficult in getting to him

Has there been a 20-40 kick?

Who? By us? Hahaha ... Maybe, a few years ago, before it counted.

But on the other hand, we lead the field in most penalties conceded, least run metres, least passing receipts and possession, and then of course most points scored, and most points against.

Put that in yer CV, Seibold

Last edited:
Might help if we chased the kick too with speed and effort.

Absolutely right! The lack of effort in so many parts of the field make me want to explode. The only two guys who chase kicks are Boyd and Dearden, sometimes Staggs does too when he feels like it. Everyone else that walks down field, it is disgusting.

Fix these three things (and they are fundamentals of the game):

1. Make at least 50m a set
2. Kick to space / vary kicks / kick flat and long, not bomb EVERY kick
3. Kick chase strongly as a TEAM
4. Do not retreat while defending
5. Lock the offload up and take the legs

Suddenly you are at least competing. It isn't a difficult game and these five fundamentals are long gone in this side.

We also need Alex Glenn to make at least one post contact metre every hit up. I’ve never seen a second rower get tackled by a halfback more often.

Been saying similar for years, he looks like he's running with vigour to the naked eye, but the second someone lays a hand on him it's like he's been hit by Trevor Gillmeister under the rib cage. Just gets stopped in his tracks every time. Can't recall how many times I've seen Milford hit him on the chest with a great short ball close to the line only for him to be cut down by a 1 on 1 legs tackle, it'd have to be double digits.

Also, Boyd has played 19 games this season. Croft 14, Milford 13, Dearden 11. It's not surprising Boyd has the most attacking stats. In averages though, for try assists:

Boyd: 0.47
Croft: 0.29
Milford: 0.46
Dearden: 0.27

These are Fox Sports stats, all I could find at short notice. So Boyd is technically 1% ahead of Milford. But remember, Milford has left games injured, so technically the "per game" stats aren't entirely accurate. Adjusted per minute:

Boyd: 0.005921
Milford: 0.005923

So, actually, per minute played, Milford has the best try-assist average.

Also, while Boyd might have way better stats for line-break assists, Milford is ahead in averages for Total Try Involvements, and Try Contributions.

Just thought I'd paint a more complete picture for our viewers. If it seems I'm being pedantic, well that's kind of the point.

Yes, being pedantic is very much the point when it comes to stats, pedantic and thorough.

Are there any stats for what Boyd doesn't do? Maybe compare him to other FB's which is what really counts as others have posted, and not the meaningless drivel of comparing him to others in this side?

Tries scored? Line engaged? Tackle breaks? Line breaks? Metres run? Kick return metres? etc etc. Not in the top 50 for any of them. The FB we had to have, not needed to have, @ $800K a season

Thank god it's his last game.

Absolutely right! The lack of effort in so many parts of the field make me want to explode. The only two guys who chase kicks are Boyd and Dearden, sometimes Staggs does too when he feels like it. Everyone else that walks down field, it is disgusting.

Fix these three things (and they are fundamentals of the game):

1. Make at least 50m a set
2. Kick to space / vary kicks / kick flat and long, not bomb EVERY kick
3. Kick chase strongly as a TEAM
4. Do not retreat while defending
5. Lock the offload up and take the legs

Suddenly you are at least competing. It isn't a difficult game and these five fundamentals are long gone in this side.

Absolutely 100%.

So list manager isn't enough for you? Now you are going for coach. Go @Sproj 👍

Last edited:
We kicked a 20/40 but that blonde bat on the sideline missed it. Seriously she is such a bad touchie

re Coates, my worry was realised last week when he knocked on taking a hit up. He holds the ball the way he catches it and runs front first-arms-first into the defenders. I’m amazed he hasn’t dropped it that way before now

but a small criticism that I hope doesn’t last long.

Staggs at 6 could be a lot of fun. Lots of early ball and running at a sliding line - he’ll fend opposing 6s into various levels of the atmosphere, hopefully he can help Tom as much as possible and develop some more play-making skills

Absolutely right! The lack of effort in so many parts of the field make me want to explode.

Please mate, please, anything, anything but that.

Last edited:
Also we need to stop giving the ball to Carrigan in attacking plays, he can be the guy that just runs decoy/blocker for the halves to kick.

To think that some wanted us to recruit Tolman too, we'd have Tolman Snr and Jnr killing our attack on the regular, uurghh :brickwall:

Last edited:
Yes, being pedantic is very much the point when it comes to stats, pedantic and thorough.

Are there any stats for what Boyd doesn't do? Maybe compare him to other FB's which is what really counts as others have posted, and not the meaningless drivel of comparing him to others in this side?

Tries scored? Line engaged? Tackle breaks? Line breaks? Metres run? Kick return metres? etc etc. Not in the top 50 for any of them. The FB we had to have, not needed to have, @ $800K a season

Thank god it's his last game.
You using statistics to prove your point?

I just don't understand how suddenly they are a good source of knowledge and I am stunned you cannot see the rank hypocrisy of your post.

Also, you fail to mention DB only played fullback for ?(how many games). Better check the stats!
You ***** are amazing.

Active Now

• Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Pablo
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • Broncojim
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Hurrijo
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.