PRE-GAME Round 20 - Broncos vs Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Interview their ex Thu arvo. Beat them by 20 points Thu nite and employ their ex Fri morn.
Sounds about right.

Last edited:
Interview their ex Thu arvo. Beat them by 20 points Thu nite and employ their ex Fri morn.
Sounds about right.
Sure that there is joke about seconds right there............ Just a mess all round.

I reckon the Broncos will do well tonight with Staggs at 5/8. This will be the first time this season Broncos gets a 5/8 that can actually defend. MILF, Croft, SOS.... they're all defensive liabilities. Dearden (small frame, organiser) and Staggs (large frame, natural ball runner) complements each other at the halves.

Last edited:
Now everyone collectively pray to the rugby league gods, BRONCOS for the win!!! Come on boys show your balls are brass, not glass and let's kick some ass. 2 tries to Hass!

I have made a Broncos merchandise alter and preparing to sacrifice my Broncos 2006 jersey for a win. With a half decent side I probably only would have had to sacrifice my 2003ish jersey.

I know our culture is shot we've lost our way but for me tonight will give a real indication on how low we've sunk. Over the last 6 years ultimately regardless of injuries, form or any circumstances, we've been up for a game against the cowboys.

Admittedly recent encounters haven't been the golden point thrillers we've seen previously but they've still been tight and we've shown a real fight and passion. If we play rubbish tonight and let the cows walk all over us I'd be more disappointed then angry.

aren't they doing some rule changes for this game..?...maybe I should re-read the entire thread as im sure someones mentioned it...

Yes, touchline kicks are now tap and go's instead of scrums.

Scrums have to be forwards only(although nothing said about order).

No Bunker for try decisions(its done automatically) Ref just has to say try or no try.

Considering the 6 Agains have killed us this year, making the game even faster is not a good thing for us, but you never know, the change effects both teams equally on paper.

Last edited:
Basically, whatever hair brained idea Vlandys has come up with this week.

Yes, touchline kicks are now tap and go's instead of scrums.

Scrums have to be forwards only(although nothing said about order).

No Bunker for try decisions(its done automatically) Ref just has to say try or no try.

Considering the 6 Agains have killed us this year, making the game even faster is not a good thing for us, but you never know, the change effects both teams equally on paper.
I imagine there are circumstances when it comes to scrum where a team may not be in position but to use backs in a scrum(player in a bin or sent off, no interchanges etc).

You using statistics to prove your point?

I just don't understand how suddenly they are a good source of knowledge and I am stunned you cannot see the rank hypocrisy of your post.

Also, you fail to mention DB only played fullback for ?(how many games). Better check the stats!
You ***** are amazing.

I added context. Stats without context are meaningless numbers. Add context and you get facts. Facts don't lie. And yes, in this context, I am a ****, at least to those who don't like facts.

Factis veritas vincit

I'm not even sure of the point of this rule? Do they seriously think it matters who packs in when every contested scrum is reset, and the side only has to nominate backs instead of forwards for a business as usual scrum.
Without scrums for kicks in touch, what does that leave? Knock ons.
I think at times we deliberately try and make the game more complex when a much more simpler solution could do the same thing.
Drop the numbers to twelve. Have stoppages for decisions limited to actual breaks in play and challenges, then watch the speed of the game increase.
They are halfway there now with try bunker ajudications. They may as well go the whole hog.
Another thing. Anytime a player holds up play make him leave the field for a medical assessment. There should be no staying on the field if the game is stopped for the player's well-being.
I could go on about certain rules interpretations like "grounding with the midriff or a momentary contact being a try but this will end up longer than "war & peace".
Any just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Browny
  • Galah
  • LittleDavey
  • Rookie Alan
  • eggstar10
  • mrtij
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • winslow_wong
  • Gaz
  • Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Organix
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.