Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm - Pre-Match Discussion

Port is sitting between us then. My ears have only just recovered from the Bunnies game.

Yeah. I still fell kind of embarassed for Hodgo. And myself, really. Emotions were just high, he kind of look like he did wave that one occasion. It got the better of me.

So wait, the likely bench is

14. Granville
15. Hala
16. Oates
17. Reed

??? This is some real poop.

Does it really surprise you?

Griffin has no idea what a good bench is.

So wait, the likely bench is

14. Granville
15. Hala
16. Oates
17. Reed

??? This is some real poop.

Reed stands out like a dislocated thumb on that bench. Kennedy should have been given another shot.

Our strength is up the middle and if he pick Reed on the bench then he has just handed our biggest advantage over Melbourne back to them.

I thought I would post a highlights video I made of the last time we played Storm at Suncorp.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Slater try from the scrum still fucking pisses me off. It was clear as day Thaiday was deliberately held in the scrum yet they got away with it.

I thought I would post a highlights video I made of the last time we played Storm at Suncorp.

A couple of observations:

How fucking shithouse was that defence from Norman on Slater? Just atrocious. So happy we offloaded that plodder.

That scrum incident involving Thaiday is still one of the most bullshit calls ever to go against us.

Hoffman on the wing....Well what a fucking dilemma our backline is going to be next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
After last week I want parker at lock and thaiday at 11/12. Although parker playa the same either way we are much more balance with two props and a lock. Much better in the middle.

That video makes me angry for 2 reasons. Number 1 how was that a Slater try awarded with the obvious holding of Thiaday. Number 2 why doesn't Hoffman wanna play on the wing? He is so fucking good at it

Now the opposing teams know Barba will be at 5/8 in defence , I guess we can expect the likes of Procter to be running at him all night. Mayby even on the 5th tackle in the red zone. Ain't nowhere to hide out there Benny. At least we should get an idea if he is real 5/8 material.

Given Barba played all his junior and early senior football in the halves I don't think there's any doubt he is 5/8 material. The biggest question will most obviously be his defence given he hasn't had to do much of it his professional career playing fullback.

Our strength is up the middle and if he pick Reed on the bench then he has just handed our biggest advantage over Melbourne back to them.

Well he did drop Hannant & only play Kennedy for 19 minutes against the Cowboys, honestly though it was great seeing Scott just stroll through the middle to prove what an idiot he is.

Last edited:
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges (c)
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Ben Barba
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Sam Thaiday
Interchange:
15. Ben Hannant
17. Todd Lowrie
19. Jack Reed
20. Corey Oates

No surprise Griffin's bumboy weasels his way onto the bench.

**** off both of you, useless *****.

I am a great fan of Reed for years but how the hell does he get on the bench whilst Vidot misses out from replacing Kahu? Vidot has been one of our saving graces this year in respect to getting out of trouble in our own half.

I was sad for Griffin with what happen this last week but FMD these selections are still mind boggling....

I really wanted to see Vidot from the bench tonight, spend sometime in the forwards, Reed better step up tonight.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.