Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm - Pre-Match Discussion

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
When was the last time we played consistently well for the full 80 though? We always seem to go through at least a 10 to 20 minute period of Ricky Stuart/Parramatta turdness.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think we will belt the piss and pickhandles out of Melbourne. Where we will get them surprisingly is in the forwards. We will go through them. It's going to be fast and no place for the faint hearted. I see a handsome win coming up. The only possible way we could lose is if we are over pumped and the refs keep giving Melbourne easy outs. We handled the massive Warrior pack and Melbourne just don't have the forwards they used to have. We beat them up front, we win.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Ikin reckons Oates and Reed will come onto the bench.

Kennedy one of the players to drop out.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I thought Kennedy did a job. Much prefer him on the bench.

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
So Reed and Vidot waltz back in and Kennedy finally performs and he's dropped. Lol no wonder Hook got given the arse
I actually agree Vidots return to the bench . A bit ambivalent as regards Kennedy. I still didn't think he did that much last week in attack , but he does his fair share of defence in the middle. As for Reed , I really can't see the logic of having him on the bench . For mine a bench player should either be a zippy player like Granville ,who can seek out some tiring forwards or a solid forward like Oates who can help with both defence and hit ups.

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Unless Griffin plans to play Reed in the second row, him in for Kennedy is just fucking stupid. Classic Griffin.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
So Reed and Vidot waltz back in and Kennedy finally performs and he's dropped. Lol no wonder Hook got given the arse

I don't understand what people have against Vidot waltzing in. Pretty sure everyone agreed he was one of the buys of the season just a few days ago.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Reed to the bench is lol worthy. With all due respect, this is the kind of head scratcher that's lost Hook his job.

I'm unsurprised to see Kennedy out. He may have been better than usual last week, but I think some rated him better than he actually was. Purely down to exceeding expectations formed from very sub par performance.

As a straight swap for Vidot, I'm not too bent out if shape. Of the three dropped for last week, he's been the biggest part of our side this season. Get him on for decent minutes in the back row and he'll bring the metres as usual. Put him on the end of some short balls from Hunt and he could be a wrecking ball close to the line too.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
I thought Reed was out for like 3 weeks? How is he magically healed and being brought onto the bench? Are we sure Ikin is the full quid?

What's the bet if this happens, Copley will miss a tackle, get put back on the Wing and Reed will go back to Left Centre.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I thought Reed was out for like 3 weeks? How is he magically healed and being brought onto the bench? Are we sure Ikin is the full quid?

What's the bet if this happens, Copley will miss a tackle, get put back on the Wing and Reed will go back to Left Centre.

Chris Garry also said he was running strongly during the week

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Well there ya go... Reed to left Centre by the 20 minute mark?

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Come on Hook I've been staunchly defending you. Don't make me look like an even bigger idiot.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Allo
  • Lurker
  • NSW stables
  • Fozz
  • sooticus
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • FACTHUNT
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.