Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm - Pre-Match Discussion

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't mind if Reed does play, to be honest. He tends to play well against Storm at Suncorp. It's like he goes up another gear.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I. seem like the only one here, but I'm more than happy for Vidot to go to the bench and be moved to second row as time goes by. Kahu is the attacking winger we need - if he can maintain that form. I want to see if he can as I see infinitely more potential in him IMHO.

That's the role the Walkers had him play on Saturday night.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I seem like the only one here, but I'm more than happy for Vidot to go to the bench and be moved to second row as time goes by. Kahu is the attacking winger we need - if he can maintain that form. I want to see if he can continue to develop as I see infinitely more potential in him in our backline IMHO.

I feel like Vidot has peaked, and while the metres he makes are valuable, I have no confidence in his hands or in finding the tryline. These seem like pretty important criteria to me.

By and large I agree, though I sometimes think Vidot would make for an interesting prop. He lacks the hard running lines of a backrower but his effort in the runs remind me of a front rower, with those driving legs getting us extra metres. Plus his relative speed for a prop might put oppositions in trouble. No idea what his defence would be like though.

Agree that his hands are an issue. Though not as much as Copley on the wing or Barba at the back.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
I seem like the only one here, but I'm more than happy for Vidot to go to the bench and be moved to second row as time goes by. Kahu is the attacking winger we need - if he can maintain that form. I want to see if he can continue to develop as I see infinitely more potential in him in our backline IMHO.

I feel like Vidot has peaked, and while the metres he makes are valuable, I have no confidence in his hands or in finding the tryline. These seem like pretty important criteria to me.

There's certainly some merit to what you say regarding Vidot's performance as a winger. He has been a great asset to us but he really needs to work on the finer details if he wants to excel there. Conversely, using him in the back row would allow him to play to his strengths and we can utilise someone with a bit more finesse on the wing. We'd want to make sure he'd get decent minutes to take advantage of the metres he makes. Maybe in for Glenn?

I'm not sure that guy is Kahu though? He seems to have good instincts but isn't particularly quick. Plus I can't help but feel he's always one game away from a major injury. In a perfect world, Hoffman to the left wing outside Copley.

Regarding the game, not exactly confident. It appears Melbourne aren't quite the force they once were, but they are a real bogey side for us. If there's one thing they do well, it's maintain pressure throughout. Despite some decent performances this year, I just see them pipping us in a close one. Probably a soft try from a set play off a scrum in the last minute....

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
It'd be great if Vidot comes in for Kahu and Oates comes onto the bench for Lowrie... Please don't let Reed play.

isn't reed injured?

thanks to copley's blinder against the warriors the name jack reed is bit of a distant memory now

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
"Chris Garry reported that Reed was running surprisingly strongly today..."

Yes, but did he learn how to step or pass the football, this past week? If the answer is still no, then jersey 18 suits Reed just fine.

only 7 more weeks of this fucking shit to go until the big broom comes in for a lot of these entitled princesses...

fucking lol at Griffin saying he still has ten more weeks to go

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Yes, but did he learn how to step or pass the football, this past week? If the answer is still no, then jersey 18 suits Reed just fine.

only 7 more weeks of this fucking shit to go until the big broom comes in for a lot of these entitled princesses...

you like making youself look foolish don't you.

you start a thread stating that:

1. we wouldn't win a game for the first 6 weeks - proven wrong after week 1
2. we would get the wooden spoon this season - not possible while the Sharks, Raiders and Knights are in the comp

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

2. we would get the wooden spoon this season - not possible while the Sharks, Raiders and Knights are in the comp
If we lose points we could

morethanjack

morethanjack

NYC Player
Contributor
Aug 12, 2013
Neil Henry got fired and continued coaching the cowboys last year i think. Pretty sure they went on a 5-6 game winning streak after that happened. Not sure exactly how deep they got in the finals though

Booted out in the first week because of a 7 tackle try. I was thinking the same though, the team might lift for Griffin.

MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
Booted out in the first week because of a 7 tackle try. I was thinking the same though, the team might lift for Griffin.

I might have something small on them to win it......With all the Griffon bagging I've done this year, i can see him getting me back (Not that ill be too disappointed :takdir:)

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

You forgot the Gillett to Qcup one...

Jack Reed is likely to be one of the first guys named in Bennett's team, and that will be yet another badyon lol...

MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
Interestingly, the board were all creaming themselves over Jack earlier in the year. I mean, I genuinely like him, but they were ridiculous.

I'm so on the fence with jack reed its not funny. One week i want him in the team, the next i want him out! Not sure about him at center........

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Great starting 17. Let's hope it stays that way!

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Vidot in for Kahu and Oates in for Lowrie. Those are the only changes I'd make

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If we lose points we could

I think if Broncos were going to lose points, they would have by now. Surely they would have acted on any evidence bad enough to deduct points by now, if there was any evidence.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Mate have some respect. I am glad of the coaching change but griffin has given his all and has shown his integrity through all this.

Just cut out this rubbish

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Given Dale will now hopefully lock down centre, I'm actually hoping Reed now switches to second row full time, that is where many of us thought he'd end up anyway. He could be a massive asset for us as a ball-playing, hole running edge forward.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Reed's not the best left centre at the club, that's for sure. But we should bear in mind he's spent this season outside Hoffman (not exactly known for his passing), Glenn (likewise), and inside Vidot (who isn't an ideal finisher).
Again he's not as good as Copley but the situation he's been in this season would make most centres look average.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • The Strapper
  • FACTHUNT
  • Skyblues87
  • mystico
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • TimWhatley
  • winslow_wong
  • Behold
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • PETERN
  • The Boss
  • Wolfie
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.