Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm - Pre-Match Discussion

Jaiden Edo

Jaiden Edo

Banned User
Jul 21, 2014
Our opponents aren't what they use to be. however we cannot let our guard down.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Lowrie > Kennedy.

Heart > Soft size

My bench would be

14. Granville
15. Hannant
16. Lowrie
17. Oates

If Jake can keep scoring a try a game from dummy half, he can take a few minutes off Macca

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
It's going to be really interesting to see Ben Hunt take on Cooper Cronk.

Yeah for sure.

He loves isolating his opposite 7 on his inside shoulder, throwing the dummy to Thaiday/Hodges and out pacing the forward on the inside for a line break.

He shat on Johnson, Brooks and Pearce all day (and many other this season) with that play.

Cronk and Bellamy will be all over that and he's won't be flying under the radar for much longer.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
[MENTION=1795]Alec[/MENTION], since Griffin no longer has to worry about being fired, i'd expect to see his favourites play more often than not

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Lowrie > Kennedy.

Heart > Soft size

My bench would be

14. Granville
15. Hannant
16. Lowrie
17. Oates

If Jake can keep scoring a try a game from dummy half, he can take a few minutes off Macca

Kennedy went pretty hard on Saturday night. He is a lot more upside compared to Lowrie. I'll be surprised if Lowrie plays given he has suffered a few concussions this year.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
@Alec , since Griffin no longer has to worry about being fired, i'd expect to see his favourites play more often than not

If I was Griffin, I'd be looking to boost up my resume for the rest of the year.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Lachlan Maranta
3 Dale Copley
4 Justin Hodges (c)
5 Jordan Kahu
6 Ben Barba
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Corey Parker (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Sam Thaiday

Interchange
14 Jake Granville
15 Ben Hannant
16 Martin Kennedy
17 Todd Lowrie
18 Jarrod Wallace
19 Jack Reed
20 Corey Oates
21 Daniel Vidot

Coach: Anthony Griffin

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
1-17 please. I'd rather Reed out on favour of Copley any day and I'm happy for Vidot and Oates to take another week in Q Cup. Much as I like both, last week's team did enough to retain their place. Another week on the outer to reinforce the point and keep them hungry. Fire up and earn it.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
i think jack reed has blown it. won't be back in first grade and bennett will probably release him. what club would want him? he should try his luck in the UK

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
@Alec, since Griffin no longer has to worry about being fired, i'd expect to see his favourites play more often than not

His immediate career at he Broncos might be over but if, as he has stated, he intends to continue coaching at NRL level he will need a strong finish to the season to have his stocks as high as possible.

B

BroncosFan_Corey

QCup Player
Nov 2, 2013
Can anyone tell me when the last time we beat the storm was?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Yeah Reeds time at the Broncos is over, hard to believe he's got the longest term deal out of any of our players - until 2017.

Hopefully the payout isn't too much.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Round 9 2010 so Griffin has never beaten them as a coach anyway.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Lostboy
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.