Mar 31, 2008
we will win on friday

if players genuinely wanted griffin to stay then they will show it on the field

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our opponents aren't what they use to be. however we cannot let our guard down.

Any side with an in-form Slater, Cronk and Smith are a side to be feared. Well, respected anyway.

We really need to watch Proctor when Cronk gets the ball close to our line.

Equally, we need to set up Gillett the same way when we are close to theirs.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Is anyone else surprised by Vidot's seeming omission? I know maranta and kahu played very well but Big V has been doing it all year!

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
For mine, Maranta MUST be in this side given Cronk's kicking game to his wingers and yes, I would be very surprised if Vidot isn't.

I'm just hoping against hope Copley plays left centre and Barba tears it up in the halves, and combines with Gillett out on the right edge.

I believe we have at best the most lethal right hand side in attack in the competition. We just need to use it more

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Yeah but the question was when did the Broncos last beat the Storm.

Round 9, 2010.

Last time they beat Storm at home was Round 2, 2009.

Edit: Never mind. I didn't read the whole thread and saw someone else asked it..

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Any side with an in-form Slater, Cronk and Smith are a side to be feared. Well, respected anyway.

We really need to watch Proctor when Cronk gets the ball close to our line.

Equally, we need to set up Gillett the same way when we are close to theirs.

Barba will be defending on the side where Proctor is.

Alarm bells are ringing...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It's going to be a tough game.

Brisbane have only managed to win, what? 2 games in the past 8 years against Melbourne and Suncorp Stadium is like a second home to a lot of their superstars. While they've yet to really hit their straps in 2014, they're not far off either and if the likes of Slater, Cronk & Smith get it right, I don't care who they come up against, they're unstoppable.

The Broncos won last week in fantastic circumstances and it's great to see the fans get behind the team at the right time of the season but they're going to have to take that performance to another level. I don't think the Storm will fatigue like the Warriors did and I still think there are some very easy points on offer if the Storm can win the battle of the ruck. Brisbane are really going to have to take it to them, play an up-tempo brand of football where quick play the balls are the name of the game and then target the likes of Roberts and Fonua in defence.

Can see this game turning out to be another rollercoaster so fans better buckle up and failing that, head to Suncorp to cheer the boys on.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I can see either Reed or Vidot coming in for Kahu.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
For mine, Maranta MUST be in this side given Cronk's kicking game to his wingers and yes, I would be very surprised if Vidot isn't.

I'm just hoping against hope Copley plays left centre and Barba tears it up in the halves, and combines with Gillett out on the right edge.

I believe we have at best the most lethal right hand side in attack in the competition. We just need to use it more

That's a huge call when you consider the Warriors have SJ, Tomkins and Hurrell and Manly have DCE, Stewart and Lyon.

Definitely agree that Maranta needs to be in the team. As for the other wing, that's a tough one, but Cronk heavily favours cross field kicks for his right winger. He and Waqa have a great understanding and it's almost always done when the opposition left winger is out of position or just caught on his heels. Left wing of course is Vidot's spot but that would concern me as Vidot is very slow to turn and frankly not the best catching bombs to begin with. I'd honestly swap and play Maranta left wing.

Also, have their been many games with a coaching situation like this? I don't really remember too many times where a guy's been fired but not til the end of the year. Would be interested to know what the stats are, if there is any precedent.

Last edited:
Jaiden Edo

Jaiden Edo

Banned User
Jul 21, 2014
... this Friday from memory

That would be nice but... Without a doubt they are our bogey team, beaten us in our last 6 clashes.

However we manged to defeat Manly another team who we struggle to beat in recent times.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If they start as poorly as they have the last few weeks Melbourne won't make the mistakes the warriors did to let us back in the game. Defense needs a big improvement on the last few weeks as well and I'm not sure Copley at centre will help us in that regard.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
It'd be great if Vidot comes in for Kahu and Oates comes onto the bench for Lowrie... Please don't let Reed play.

MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
That's a huge call when you consider the Warriors have SJ, Tomkins and Hurrell and Manly have DCE, Stewart and Lyon.

Definitely agree that Maranta needs to be in the team. As for the other wing, that's a tough one, but Cronk heavily favours cross field kicks for his right winger. He and Waqa have a great understanding and it's almost always done when the opposition left winger is out of position or just caught on his heels. Left wing of course is Vidot's spot but that would concern me as Vidot is very slow to turn and frankly not the best catching bombs to begin with. I'd honestly swap and play Maranta left wing.

Also, have their been many games with a coaching situation like this? I don't really remember too many times where a guy's been fired but not til the end of the year. Would be interested to know what the stats are, if there is any precedent.

Neil Henry got fired and continued coaching the cowboys last year i think. Pretty sure they went on a 5-6 game winning streak after that happened. Not sure exactly how deep they got in the finals though

MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
That would be nice but... Without a doubt they are our bogey team, beaten us in our last 6 clashes.

However we manged to defeat Manly another team who we struggle to beat in recent times.

The melbourne storm dont have that aura about them anymore....gone of the days where id be absolutely shitting my pants when we played them but There's no doubt that if we start slow and commit errors we will struggle to beat them.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

We did beat Manly, but the situation was perfect for us.

DCE was out, Watmough wasn't 100% and Foran was playing on 1 leg. I'm also pretty sure they had a couple of other players out.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • thenry
  • barker
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • phoenix
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.