vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Storm will want 'head on a plate' of Broncos' Haas: Seibold
Murray WenzelAugust 1, 2019 — 10.24am
Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold has predicted Melbourne will want Payne Haas's "head on a plate" when the sides clash in the NRL on Friday night.
The ladder-leading Storm have dominated the Broncos in recent times, having won 16 of their past 18 encounters.
Payne Haas of the Broncos during the Round 13 NRL match with the Titans at Suncorp Stadium.

Payne Haas of the Broncos during the Round 13 NRL match with the Titans at Suncorp Stadium.DAVE HUNT
Brisbane second-rower Matt Gillett is a long shot to recover from a back injury, but Seibold said the side's young forwards were excited to "test themselves against the best" at Suncorp Stadium.
Haas joins Patrick Carrigan and David Fifita as one of three 19-year-old forwards in Brisbane's starting side.
And Seibold declared that along with Matt Lodge, Haas had been the Broncos' most consistent player this season.
"We're all aware of the potential and ability Payne has," Seibold said.
Brodie Croft of the Melbourne Storm makes a run against the Sharks in round 17.

Brodie Croft of the Melbourne Storm makes a run against the Sharks in round 17.AAP
"I'd imagine that Payno will be Melbourne's 'head on a plate' tomorrow night.
"They'll probably target him, no doubt about that, and test him out as a young player.
"It's not a drama for Payno; he's a pretty understated sort of guy, looking forward to the challenge."
Brisbane have won six and drawn one of their past 10 games to revive a faltering season and sit in eighth place.
But Melbourne will pose their biggest challenge yet, losing just three games this season by a combined four points and boasting a better record at Suncorp Stadium (80 per cent) than their home ground (74.6 per cent).
"The Storm are top of the table for a reason ... they've played in a lot of close games and been able to close them out," Seibold said.
"The challenge for us is to play our best football when it counts."
Gillett will have a chance to prove his fitness at the side's captain's run - behind closed doors at Suncorp Stadium later on Thursday - but Seibold admitted he was unlikely to play.
"He's long odds," the coach said.
"Certainly it's not an extreme injury, just one that's been a bit frustrating for him."
Alex Glenn could shift from centre to the back row to cover Gillett's absence, with 18-year-old Xavier Coates joining the backline.
However, Seibold said promoting Joe Ofahengaue from the bench in a direct swap with Gillett was another option.

Crowd could be a tad vocal tomorrow night. Looking forward to it.

I admire everybody’s optimism.

Storm by 22

We just need to look at how we played in the first half in last year's match against them down in Melbourne and do that for the whole 80.

We had them shot with our style of play in the first half but went to shit once a couple of calls went against us in the second half.

Wish we had TPJ in the offloading form he's been in recently, especially with how good Milf has been at fullback. With him we monster them in the forwards, without him it's much,much closer. Storm aren't gonna cop unlucky calls 2 weeks in a row, so can't rely on refs.

This will be the game that Turpin really announces himself as a mainstay in the team. At some point he's going to really smash Smith.

We just need to look at how we played in the first half in last year's match against them down in Melbourne and do that for the whole 80.

We had them shot with our style of play in the first half but went to shit once a couple of calls went against us in the second half.
Is that the game where Slater knocked it on cold but the refs gave the try anyway because he might have actually been trying to kick a field goal?

Is that the game where Slater knocked it on cold but the refs gave the try anyway because he might have actually been trying to kick a field goal?
Man I still literally laugh out loud every time I remember that. It was the biggest joke in Rugby league and really put some solid back to the conspiracy theories about Melbourne getting the NRL free ride to keep numbers showing up in Victoria with the ambition of expansion. Anyone who has that footage should post it for a pre game laugh.

Man I still literally laugh out loud every time I remember that. It was the biggest joke in Rugby league and really put some solid back to the conspiracy theories about Melbourne getting the NRL free ride to keep numbers showing up in Victoria with the ambition of expansion. Anyone who has that footage should post it for a pre game laugh.
Yeah but the refs boss came out that week and said it was the correct call.....Sort of like how he was allowed to play in last year's GF because there's no way that was a shoulder charge.

Yeah but the refs boss came out that week and said it was the correct call.....Sort of like how he was allowed to play in last year's GF because there's no way that was a shoulder charge.
Yeah I guess according to a certain person on this forum, that means it definitely wasn't a knock on because the review committee never gets it wrong. Wish I'd remembered that when I was arguing about TPJ's boob to face smooshing last week!!! I think we should refer to that incident as "the motorboat".

Last edited:

1:14

Manly didn't supply the template, they used the template created by the Sharks. It's fucking easy to follow but hard to do. It's the oldest instruction. Bash them until they stop coming forward. Check out which team beats the Storm the most, certainly in the last few years.
To be fair, manly were giving it to the storm well before the sharks beat them. You can also throw in the warriors aswell.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncotville
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • Dazza 92
  • Tmac
  • lynx000
  • eggstar10
  • Battler
  • Shane Tronc
  • IceWorks
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.