PRE-GAME Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
TBH I'd say it was mixed, from round 19 to 25 they won 3 and lost 4 from 7 matches and their wins weren't exactly impressive. Then they lost to both grand finalists in the finals and won a match against the Dragons(who defeated us). I'd say Seibold's strongest part of the season with Souths was mid season which had an impressive winning run, they did decline on their run home though but I wouldn't hold it against Seibold that much.
They discussed the 2019 Rabbitohs on one of the panel shows and just said that Bennett’s teams always plateau mid season and then he starts ramping things up around about now. Remains to be seen if that happens though

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
They discussed the 2019 Rabbitohs on one of the panel shows and just said that Bennett’s teams always plateau mid season and then he starts ramping things up around about now. Remains to be seen if that happens though
I wouldn't say always, plenty of seasons watching as a Broncos fan where we were ideally placed coming out of the state of origin period only to nose dive, not solely on Bennett but he must carry his share of the weight when that happened.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
With Milf at the back I'm strangely confident. Him and Turps to be the difference tonight, along with Haas and Lodge. At worst a narrow loss.

Pub Steak

QCup Player
Bennett will get his boys to throw the Sharks game to try and push us further out of the 8. I don't really believe that. Do I? Anyway, 1hr to go until we see how far the new Broncs are from being premiership contenders.

Broncapz

QCup Player
Which is why I have thrown $500 on the Storm at $1.50 to help soften the blow. Might continue to do that for this fixture until either Smith retires or we break the hoodoo.
We need more people to do this. Eventually the bookies will have to start rigging games in our favour.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
With Milf at the back I'm strangely confident. Him and Turps to be the difference tonight, along with Haas and Lodge. At worst a narrow loss.
It will be interesting to see how milf handles a quality kicking game. Since he’s been at the back he’s looked good, but we haven’t played anyone of note. Unsurprisingly I’m a bit of a sceptic about the switch.
- Merged

Do we really care about Wayne dinosaur Bennett right now?
No

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

pagey

NRL Captain
they finished 1 win from the GF ... losing that game 12-4 to eventual premiers the Roosters

that is hardly bombing
They were going great and then dropped off big time, didn't look the same team. You could see that they weren't going to make a dent in the finals.

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
1. Anthony Milford

2. Corey Oates

3. Kotoni Staggs

20. Xavier Coates

5. Jamayne Isaako

6. Darius Boyd (c)

7. Jake Turpin

8. Matt Lodge

9. Andrew McCullough

10. Payne Haas

11. David Fifita

4. Alex Glenn

13. Thomas Flegler

Interchange:

14. James Segeyaro

15. Joe Ofahengaue

16. Rhys Kennedy

17. Patrick Carrigan

pagey

NRL Captain
Raiders doing a job for us. I think that they might go alright in the finals tbh

Whatisgoingon

U18 Player
It's not only this year, the Storm have dominated us for many many seasons. Enough is enough, that's the way I look at it.

Yes I agree with you, when we lose I want us to lose fighting too. But, its different against the Storm. They usually spank us by 20-30 points and I want this to change.
We always get smacked by them at Suncorp . They grow an extra leg everytime and doesn’t help when they win the penalty count by 10 . For us to have any chance we have to be very disciplined and I can’t see that happening. We give away stupid penalty’s every week I can’t see it changing now .

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee
They were going great and then dropped off big time, didn't look the same team. You could see that they weren't going to make a dent in the finals.
But... Results would suggest that they did make a dent....
- Merged

1. Anthony Milford

2. Corey Oates

3. Kotoni Staggs

20. Xavier Coates

5. Jamayne Isaako

6. Darius Boyd (c)

7. Jake Turpin

8. Matt Lodge

9. Andrew McCullough

10. Payne Haas

11. David Fifita

4. Alex Glenn

13. Thomas Flegler

Interchange:

14. James Segeyaro

15. Joe Ofahengaue

16. Rhys Kennedy

17. Patrick Carrigan
There's no I between with this move. It either backfires big time and the usual suspects on here say "I told you so", or Coates plays the game of his life. There will be no medium when it's a game like this with both teams so driven to win, especially against the storm

Last edited:

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
Bennett will get his boys to throw the Sharks game to try and push us further out of the 8. I don't really believe that. Do I? Anyway, 1hr to go until we see how far the new Broncs are from being premiership contenders.
I think the rabbitohs trying to throw a game could still beat the sharks. They're fucking rubbish.

Rookie Alan

NYC Player
lucky I’ve got the whole season set up for me, a bit disappointed still but not super mad, just like someone said, win is a miracle

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter