PRE-GAME Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

How does pangai get a grade two for that shot and Trbojevic get a grade one for dumping Hughes on his head in a lifting tackle? Fucking ridiculous double standards there

You think that's bad, Issac Luke has been charged with a Grade 2 Dangerous Throw for his tackle on Dylan Brown. How can that be a Grade 2 and how can Trbojevic's be a Grade 1?

Everyone needs to stop pretending tpj didn’t shoulder charge that bloke to the face.

Everyone needs to stop pretending tpj didn’t shoulder charge that bloke to the face.
Have you ever read a post you agree with or are you fundamentally different? Do you actually believe you are more intelligent than everyone you encounter? I think there's a name for such a condition.

Have you ever read a post you agree with or are you fundamentally different? Do you actually believe you are more intelligent than everyone you encounter? I think there's a name for such a condition.

It seems I agree with the governing body that hands down punishments for such events

Last edited:
Wait I found it. Here's the dictionary definition:
Superiority complex: an attitude of superiority which conceals actual feelings of inferiority and failure.
[automerge]1564280887[/automerge]
It seems I agree with the governing body that hands down punishments for such events
Did you review the other charges from the round for some perspective? Do you feel that those in positions of power are always correct? Yes scomo as you are the PM I will agree that coal is good for our future and climate change was invented by scientists to sell more research papers.

Last edited:
They didn't charge him with a shoulder charge though, that's your assertion. If it was a shoulder charge then it would have been illegal even without contact to the head. Are you of the opinion that if Sami stayed upright and the same tackle hit him in the ribs it would have been a penalty?

Not really, we are on 19 and they are 2.5 games clear on 24.
We'd have to win the next 3 (Storm, Cows, Panthers) to get to 25.

Both need to lose the next 3 as well, to remain on 24 for us to jump into top 4.
Not forgetting Eels and Panthers above us also would have to fall by the wayside for this to happen. Unlikely scenario for us in the top 4 but I am more than happy with 8th position atm, anything above that is a bonus from here on.
Yes, not likely. After the season we have had, it will be a good effort to make the 8 and hopefully win the first game and go into the second week of finals. I don't think we are any hope of a top four finish.

"The nrl agrees with me!" is an embarrassingly shocking justification for your point of view. I would even say it makes your point of view less credible actually...
Tell us, what did you want the 117kg pangai do when he was running full speed at a player and the opponent decided to catch the ball in a lower position? Vanish? Side step on a dime at full pace? Maybe players shouldn't be allowed to run full pace? The decision is terrible by the nrl. Head contact will happen in the nrl, it shouldn't mean an automatic suspension.

They didn't charge him with a shoulder charge though, that's your assertion. If it was a shoulder charge then it would have been illegal even without contact to the head. Are you of the opinion that if Sami stayed upright and the same tackle hit him in the ribs it would have been a penalty?

Fair enough, everyone on here needs to stop pretending tpj didn’t make dangerous contact to the head with his shoulder.

And since when do hypothetics matter when it comes to punishments?
[automerge]1564281801[/automerge]
Wait I found it. Here's the dictionary definition:
Superiority complex: an attitude of superiority which conceals actual feelings of inferiority and failure.
[automerge]1564280887[/automerge]

Did you review the other charges from the round for some perspective? Do you feel that those in positions of power are always correct? Yes scomo as you are the PM I will agree that coal is good for our future and climate change was invented by scientists to sell more research papers.

Superiority complex? **** me.

Just pointing out the clear bias most of you blokws show

Last edited:
Fair enough, everyone on here needs to stop pretending tpj didn’t make dangerous contact to the head with his shoulder.

And since when do hypothetics matter when it comes to punishments?
[automerge]1564281801[/automerge]

Superiority complex? **** me.

Just pointing out the clear bias most of you pricks show
Thank you St Goat for your words of wisdom. Now **** off.

That's no endorsement. He didn't hit him with the shoulder. First point of contact was TPJs pectoral..

We really could’ve used TPJ’s offloads in this game. That’s the best way to beat Melbourne is to create second phase play.

Seibold made some worrying post match remarks about Shiba being back.

"The nrl agrees with me!" is an embarrassingly shocking justification for your point of view. I would even say it makes your point of view less credible actually...
Tell us, what did you want the 117kg pangai do when he was running full speed at a player and the opponent decided to catch the ball in a lower position? Vanish? Side step on a dime at full pace? Maybe players shouldn't be allowed to run full pace? The decision is terrible by the nrl. Head contact will happen in the nrl, it shouldn't mean an automatic suspension.

This all started with JT crying for years about getting hit a micro-second late when he dug into the line despite being known for his dummy. Cronk milking penalties this year by staying down and also complaining in the media with retired halves joining him has made it now illegal to even put a shot on a well-known half.

Pangai's hit is a symptom of this issue: before this season that was considering an excellent tackle. If Don takes the ball upright like TPJ was expecting him to do, and any other defender in his position would expect, he gets hit in the midriff. Brandy's whinge about him going for the man was ridiculous, that's pretty much the function of a defender if I'm not mistaken? Aren't they meant to tackle the ball carrier AKA the man? The storm sure do love going after the man in the ruck when they wrestle the shit out of him, going to complain about that next, Brandy?

Pangai hit him in the head, it was unintentional but was always going to be a week. I naively hoped the sin bin would be enough, but I guess not.....there are ex players putting together a law suit against the NRL re: concussions, the NRL aren’t going to stop the crack down on head contact anytime soon. Just gotta get used to it.

Let's be real here, if he was any other player from any other team he would have gotten off with nothing more than a penalty.

We can only beat storm if we exhaust them through the middle. Storm struggle late in games with their consistency. If Smith or Munster dont have meters made for them they sink like a leaky junk. Des Hasler and Manly proved this....

With TPJ and Glenn possibly out i cannot see us managing this, not enough mental experience to bend them.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Dash
  • Cavalo
  • The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • azza.79
  • Fozz
  • Rookie Alan
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
  • Alec
  • Volvo Driver
  • Painin the Haas
  • Johnny92
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.