Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight I would have chucked dearden in for this game (if he is fit, which he looks to be.)
We need a 7, someone who can at least kick. The 7 tackle sets and kicks out of dummy half are giving us nothing. We need someone who can build pressure and camp us on their line.
We are lucky to be only down by 18. It’s hard to beat a team that gets away with murder, then add the 3 one eyed refs. 39% possession means no team would win this game.

It's not that bad. There were two kicks that if we had enthusiastic chasers we would have had 2 tries. Then the usual Cameron Smith puppet strings master class for their tries. And that's after giving them every opportunity we can give them. It's like we wanted to lose.

Serious question, did anyone else make the mistake of thinking Milford would be a world beater at fullback after the Dogs and Titans games?
I still think milf has been the best of a shit bunch of backs. We can’t expect to compete with top sides with a halves pairing like this. If you stop and think, literally neither are halves. Insanity.

above all else i hate melbourne because they are so fucking good, its not f**cking fair c*nt

Honestly, if this game highlights anything for me it's pretty shit coaching from Seibold.

Where is our structure? Our attacking sets are hopeless, now I'm sure a lot of that blame is with our halves being injured but surely the coaching call that takes a bit of guts would be to drop Macca, put Turpin where he belongs and get an actual halfback in the 7. We'll find out next week.

Milford has been outstanding. What are you expecting him to do really?

Our right side defence has gifted Melbourne 18 points with the help of straight up corrupt ref calls.

Milf didnt touch the ball in that last set. He needs to be 6 imo

Guys, I mean comeon look who is saying this to you I hate Melbourne and the shit they get away with as much as the next man (probably more tbh), but we deadset buried ourselves that half. Everything from Staggs fuckups to McC and his bullshit to Lodge being stupid in the scrum.

This was always going to happen, we aren't even close to being storm level. Hopefully we get there but it won't be this year or even next.

Serious question, did anyone else make the mistake of thinking Milford would be a world beater at fullback after the Dogs and Titans games?

Do you think he is not doing his job tonight? What would you suggest he does better?

Oooh frustrating game to watch , after the refs didn’t call smiths blatant knock on I knew they were gonna score in the next play.

I want to see a good game of footbal, I don’t want to be angry at poor reffing performances. NRL get your shit together this is becoming too common.

But I digress, we aren’t playing particularly well. Staggs having a shocker.

Reactions: Dee
I still can’t get over the finucane scrum penalty. That is obvious favouritism and cheating at its peak. Lodge was in the second row and gets struck, but gets penalised???

We always self destruct against the Storm. We can blame the refs, but it'll just cover up our shit halves, Isaako's defence, Staggs' terrible kicks, Lodge being a penalty magnet etc. All those things have to be fixed.

Last edited:
I think its telling that despite us having a rookie left center they are targeting our right side. It's so weak in defence

My Kayo is fucking up so Nein it is. I was on catchup so missed the last half of the first half. We were only 6-0 down ...

Our defense is too brittle for our attack to be this uninspired. Our kick chase is not up to a professional standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • Redux
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • HarryAllan7
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Horseheadsup
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • teampjta
  • Strop
  • Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • bazza
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.