Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I heard Brennan is available right away?
In all seriousness, last week everyone was happy with Siebold, we get pineappled by the team that always dessimate us and we are back saying how the coach needs to shape up or ship out. Fans are a fickle lot. Just look at the season minus the storm games. We are 3-4 years off beating them. It's how we play against the rest of the comp that indicates our trajectory. So far, not much of a difference and if any it's downhill. But not as bad as the clean out and injury toll could have made it.

In all seriousness, last week everyone was happy with Siebold, we get pineappled by the team that always dessimate us and we are back saying how the coach needs to shape up or ship out. Fans are a fickle lot. Just look at the season minus the storm games. We are 3-4 years off beating them. It's how we play against the rest of the comp that indicates our trajectory. So far, not much of a difference and if any it's downhill. But not as bad as the clean out and injury toll could have made it.
Everyone?

Doesn’t matter how elite we are. There are only about 4 good established coaches between 16 teams. Bellamy already said no, Robertson isn’t going anywhere, Bennett has gone for better or worse, and Des has a history of very questionable roster management tactics.

So who is left to chose from that is so obviously a better choice that we should cut Seibold before giving him time to build his roster?

Kev? Jason? And if they also don’t work out?

Do we just keep firing them until we find one who achieves instant success?
To be fair, Storm offered Belamy a contract that was bigger then ours, which is an Insult given the financial advantage we have over the Storm.

Statistically we should be Top 4 every year given our resources, our talent pool and money to spend on staff.

Our current Roster is a nightmare and lacks massive experience with most of the experience we do have being a huge liability for us anyway, we are going to need to take a few years to fix the roster unfortunately.

Heck it took a Belamy a Solid 4 Seasons before the Storm looked like what they are today and that was with a very illegal budget.

Last edited:
Well it did , it kept Smith, Slater and cronk in the same team for along time. In turn made them successful and made players want to play for them and fans wanted to follow them. So to say they didn't get a leg up is bullshit.
[automerge]1564907413[/automerge]

Well if that's true then the board has fucked up big time.
Huh? Who said they didn't get a leg up ?

It was always going to happen. You don't move those players on and bring in as ll these young guys, if you're serious about winning the premiership. Yes Melbourne are the benchmark , but they didn't become that overnight. Seibold did a stint at Melbourne so he knows exactly what they do , so there's hope. I wouldn't say we aren't playing without heart , we're just young.
Yes I'll concede that ,halfhearted then !

Well it did , it kept Smith, Slater and cronk in the same team for along time. In turn made them successful and made players want to play for them and fans wanted to follow them. So to say they didn't get a leg up is bullshit.
[automerge]1564907413[/automerge]

Well if that's true then the board has fucked up big time.
The Storm were successful LONG BEFORE THE CAP CHEATING.

Really ? A cap compliant team somehow gets an advantage 10 years later, how the **** does that happen ?????????????

I know you're upset but that's fucking irrational. The Storm are vastly superior because they select players well, are run well and are coached well. They always were and have been that way for 98% of their existence. What you should be writing is 'I'm envious and wish I could say the same about my team'.

Paying the players extra didn't give them more ability or enhance them in any way.

Think about it, would paying every Titans player a million a year make a difference? No, the Storms better and you have to accept that. The cap cheating let them 'keep the band together' but it has nothing to do with their superiority. That's down to superior coach, retention and selection, nothing else.
You don't think if the Titans were allowed to ignore the salary cap for 5 years, then not forced to shed the core players they cheated to keep or actually have the illicit payments counted against their future cap, they'd not be in a better position? Keeping Smith Slater and Cronk together, after already giving them a couple of million sneaky dollars, made an enormous difference. Bellyache has never won a gf without all 3 of those players on the park, if he had been denied any one of them history suggests he'd go down in history as the **** who doesn't mind breaking necks if it wins matches instead of a master coach.

Really ? A cap compliant team somehow gets an advantage 10 years later, how the **** does that happen ?????????????

I know you're upset but that's fucking irrational. The Storm are vastly superior because they select players well, are run well and are coached well. They always were and have been that way for 98% of their existence. What you should be writing is 'I'm envious and wish I could say the same about my team'.

Paying the players extra didn't give them more ability or enhance them in any way.

Think about it, would paying every Titans player a million a year make a difference? No, the Storms better and you have to accept that. The cap cheating let them 'keep the band together' but it has nothing to do with their superiority. That's down to superior coach, retention and selection, nothing else.
Seriously... Superior retention you say?... I'm not even going to bother explaining that. You've just said it. Having an extra 30% helps you retain players. It also allows players to play more games for your club, leading to senior player compensations in the cap. Additionally, players get better with better players around them. Playing in 4 grand finals Kind of helps build experience and culture a little tiny bit I'd think. All of these things would t have happened if they didn't cheat the cap. There's NO WAY they make 4 grand finals if you take away 30% of their salary cap.
They have a culture and a club built on cheating. They didn't get reprimanded appropriately for it. So yes, 10 years later they are getting a benefit from it. Think about it. Every team, including the bloody roosters, has to give up players after a premiership. They didn't. They just got them a boat. Of course that builds a fucking culture that they benefit from.

The Storm were successful LONG BEFORE THE CAP CHEATING.
Hahahaha... They cheated the cap from 2006-2010... They didn't make or win a gf since 1999 before those year.
If you deem those pre-cap cheating years as successful years than our last 12 years have been a great success, hooray!
And "LONG BEFORE".... The club wasn't even around for 10 years before they got caught. What are you smoking, I want some!

When did we start becoming the storms bitch? Around 2004-2005? So another 3-4 years before we actually turn the tide would make it almost 20 years of bending over. That is pretty depressing.. a lot worse than the qld origin dynasty.

Regardless of what happens this year, I expect us to be contending next year. If we aren't or thereabouts than Seibolds position should be scrutinised.

In fact if Seibold has Boyd and Macca in our starting 13 come round 1 next year, than personally I'd be happy to see him gone at that point.
So you expect a side that is currently 15 points out of first and 9 points out of 4th and possibly heading to their worst season ever to be instant contenders next year? How the hell is that going to happen other than you imagining it?

So Seibs should be fired on the spot if he names Boyd and Macca for Round 1? You have one **** of a contradictory post here.

You don't think if the Titans were allowed to ignore the salary cap for 5 years, then not forced to shed the core players they cheated to keep or actually have the illicit payments counted against their future cap, they'd not be in a better position? Keeping Smith Slater and Cronk together, after already giving them a couple of million sneaky dollars, made an enormous difference. Bellyache has never won a gf without all 3 of those players on the park, if he had been denied any one of them history suggests he'd go down in history as the **** who doesn't mind breaking necks if it wins matches instead of a master coach.
But but but when did I claim it made no difference? My point, for anyone who actually reads the words was how does the cap cheating affect the team now! It happened years ago and they've been cap compliant for many years so it has zero effect now. Their success now has nothing to do with the cap. They proved it comprehensively since the cap scandal. They were successful from day one, successful when they cheated the cap and successful since being forced to be cap compliant. It's plainly obvious to anyone not blinded by bias and preconception that money was not the reason for their success.

Seriously... Superior retention you say?... I'm not even going to bother explaining that. You've just said it. Having an extra 30% helps you retain players. It also allows players to play more games for your club, leading to senior player compensations in the cap. Additionally, players get better with better players around them. Playing in 4 grand finals Kind of helps build experience and culture a little tiny bit I'd think. All of these things would t have happened if they didn't cheat the cap. There's NO WAY they make 4 grand finals if you take away 30% of their salary cap.
They have a culture and a club built on cheating. They didn't get reprimanded appropriately for it. So yes, 10 years later they are getting a benefit from it. Think about it. Every team, including the bloody roosters, has to give up players after a premiership. They didn't. They just got them a boat. Of course that builds a fucking culture that they benefit from.
Total horseshit. Explain how they were successful before the cap cheating. Explain how they have been successful after the cap cheating. Money and retention are not the same and it's not so much retention but the ability to identify talent, usually low priced talent, nuture that talent, train and empower that talent and teach that talent a system that works. Irrationality rules on this forum especially when it comes to seeing things for what they really are.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • cento
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.