Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Can add another 18 to Melbourne with Boyd at the back. Milf doesn’t stop them all but he tries

That’s fair Milf stopped two you would have to say Boyd definitely wouldn’t have going from efforts This season.

I would pay Papsmear $1m per season, no worries. Get him up here.

Darius doesn't put his body on the line for that kick to Carr that Milf saved, nor does he even attempt to tackle Vunivalu near the end there.

Yup can’t argue

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like there was a period of about 20 minutes where it was an arm wrestle?

This is one of the problems. We play the way Storm want us to play. We play right into their hands and they break us down. They do it to every side that do that.

The Broncos were playing off the back foot from the start. Staggs kicked out on the full in the opening play and while the Broncos defended stoutley, they just couldn't get through their sets.

It seemed like Melbourne put Brisbane under cognitive therapy where everytime Brisbane did something well, they'd get punished for it. Macca breaks a tackle, 1-1 strip. Milford puts Hughes under all sorts of pressure with a bomb, the ball bounces away from Isaako at the last moment, Turpin puts on a great shot on Munster, Melbourne score next play etc.

I don't think it had anything to do with the approach as much as it had to do with the Broncos general style of play and how pedestrian it is.

Turpin is not 7 . But don’t think Dearden is going to make much difference yet. Milf was controlling the game earlier in the season. Why can’t they get Milf into position to take most of the kicks on the last.

That’s fair Milf stopped two you would have to say Boyd definitely wouldn’t have going from efforts This season.

Boyd has done sweet FA at 5/8th as well. He should get into first receiver and pass it on to Milford. It’s the other way around for some reason

You kinda need a good set of Halves to ignite your fullback. Milford is doing it all himself and I actually feel sorry for him that he isn’t getting any success. Why can’t we find halves and why are we stuck with Macca and Boyd?????
Last sentence of this post is literally all of this teams problems imo. It can’t be said enough until something changes.

The Broncos were playing off the back foot from the start. Staggs kicked out on the full in the opening play and while the Broncos defended stoutley, they just couldn't get through their sets.

It seemed like Melbourne put Brisbane under cognitive therapy where everytime Brisbane did something well, they'd get punished for it. Macca breaks a tackle, 1-1 strip. Milford puts Hughes under all sorts of pressure with a bomb, the ball bounces away from Isaako at the last moment, Turpin puts on a great shot on Munster, Melbourne score next play etc.

I don't think it had anything to do with the approach as much as it had to do with the Broncos general style of play and how pedestrian it is.
So you think it's a coaching thing?

Boyd has done sweet FA at 5/8th as well. He should get into first receiver and pass it on to Milford. It’s the other way around for some reason
I think it’s unanimous that Boyd is a liability. Somehow preventing milf to be either an elite 1 or 6 at the same time
[automerge]1564748819[/automerge]

Popcorn.gif

Last edited:
Any word on what's up with McCullough shoulder?

I am really disappointed that the refs refused to let a game of football break out. It was always going to be a tough game, but the refs made sure we could not even get a contest.

They want a strong "Melbourne" side to make the 8 every year so Victorians will pay attention. But they don't have to be gifted 20 points worth of penalties and 50/50 calls in a game like this. Let it at least be a contest fought by the players. Does anyone really prefer a blowout to a good tight contest? I would rather watch the broncs win a thriller than smash a side by 40 points.
You notice how when they don’t get those calls it’s a very tight affair like against the sharks roosters and manly recently and the raiders? Because they get an even called game and can’t dominate FANCY THAT

It's across the board.

The Brisbane Broncos roster leaves a lot to be desired and changes need to be made if the Broncos want to win a premiership in the next five years.

“Pedestrian” is the word. I have been thinking that for 3 seasons now.
Boring and predictable in attack. Nothing much has changed with the changing of the coach either.
I know it’s early days and we have a young group but 4 hits ups and kick and hole is wearing thin for me....

Added to grubs play, it's the Braith Fuckin Anasta who pissed me off throughout the game. How a moron like him even got the job in commentary puzzles me. And he's getting paid for his crap is a mockery.
Somebody please tell me how to get a job in commentary. I will do a far better job & have balls to say Black is Black & White is White unlike the biased media *****.

There's still questions about dearden, we need some experience in the halves at least.
Dearden has as much experience as an NRL half as Boyd and Turpin do. He also has the skillset, and isn't of more use to the team in another position.

Added to grubs play, it's the Braith Fuckin Anasta who pissed me off throughout the game. How a moron like him even got the job in commentary puzzles me. And he's getting paid for his crap is a mockery.
Somebody please tell me how to get a job in commentary. I will do a far better job & have balls to say Black is Black & White is White unlike the biased media *****.
It shit me off pretty bad that Slater was actually in the box on 9. What other sport in the world even does that?

So it only took Boyd two games to fall back into his lackadaisical attitude to tackling. FFS how many tackles did he miss tonight. Just **** off into retirement already. But the forward pas and then knock on by Smith directly after it which eventuates in a try for Melbourne ended my night. I knew no matter what we did the game was destined to be 'handed' to the cheating shits.

Our defence at times was Mr Bean like but at times Lexie and Milf stood up. Our forwards were all made to look 2nd rate but at times Fifita did have a go.

Siebs needs to speak to them about 1 on 1 strips and play this game endlessly on a loop at the club house.

We need to form a hatred of these twats and we need to start thinking with a clear head to make it a rule we don't take backward step against them. The amount of times we back peddled on our own 20 just did my head in tonight.

Finally, I think Siebs line in the sand needs to be re-drawn as it was completely obliterated tonight.

Not happy Jan!

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • NSW stables
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.