Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Darius doesn't put his body on the line for that kick to Carr that Milf saved, nor does he even attempt to tackle Vunivalu near the end there.
I don't usually defend Boyd but the kick to Addo-Carr is exactly the kind of thing he has covered well this year. Every time that kick was used against Boyd at fullback this year he gets to it quickly and runs it over the sideline. His positioning advantage over Milford would have superceded his speed deficit.

It's across the board.

The Brisbane Broncos roster leaves a lot to be desired and changes need to be made if the Broncos want to win a premiership in the next five years.
Roster as in boyd and macca, who else?

We looked lost out there tonight. We needed leadership and direction from our senior players and it didn't happen. We needed key players to be calm under pressure and it didn't happen. We needed to wrestle back the momentum with a calm and considered approach. It didn't happen. Our younger players (especially coates) have been badly let down by the leadership and the coach who thought it a good idea to throw a rookie centre and a winger, fragile of both form and mental state against the storm who have dominated this year's competition.
We should have been prepared for the storm's game plan. Its the same one they always dish out to us. All they had to do was sweat on our mistakes and we were only too happy to provide.
We play the cowboys next. Let's hope we look at a better and more consistent approach, limiting the opportunities to compound our mistakes and try and get our heads on straight after this debacle.

It shit me off pretty bad that Slater was actually in the box on 9. What other sport in the world even does that?

Sorry to be that guy but Parker regularly commentates on the broncos games

Not surprised by the result, certainly surprised by the scoreline. After 4 games undefeated, to come home and dish that up against anyone nevermind Melbourne is just terrible, but it's a perfect reflection of our season regardless. Didn't come to play, collapsed under the pressure before a ball was even kicked, no leadership from Boyd because of course, stupidity from Lodge giving away a dumb penalty when we were already under the pump, the same useless garbage from McC and a side that is basically being held together with scotch tape at this point.

If we had actually been in it rather than smashed by 40, I think we could say we got out of it pretty well. As it stands though, I think we will look back on this game as THE actual moment our season ended. We are finishing 9th for all money.

Last edited:
My major disappointment this year is not seeing us develop our own style.
We just have different players doing the same thing.
Last year Siebs had Souths playing upbeat attacking footy and backing their attack more than their D He had Cody Walker sweeping around the back to make an extra man and their attack had a purpose.
We dont seem to be heading anywhere in particular atm.

Last edited:
As in the entire roster.

The Broncos pale in comparison to other squads in the competition and until they recruit the right players they'll continue to fall short.
Wow , that's pretty crazy. Agree we either need a 1 or a 6 but to do a full clean out would take years. And our young forwards have so much potential, we are just starting a rebuild.

Wow , that's pretty crazy. Agree we either need a 1 or a 6 but to do a full clean out would take years. And our young forwards have so much potential, we are just starting a rebuild.

I'm not suggesting they should sack every player, they just need to find a better nucleus.

We just need a couple of good spine players. A good hooker, if Turpin doesn't work out. A good halfback while Dearden and co are developing.

My major disappointment this year is not seeing us develop our own style.
We just have different players doing the same thing.
Last year Siebs had Souths playing upbeat attacking footy and backing their attack more than their D He had Cody Walker sweeping around the **** to make an extra man and their attack had a purpose.
We dont seem to be heading anywhere in particular atm.
This is my concern to, he's mentioned he wants us to use the footy but I don't see any structure to it. We have had injuries and alot of youngsters but he seems to change the lineup alot. Maybe he is just trying different things to put it together next year. Either way it all seems a bit all over the place, hopefully he has a master plan that we are working towards.

It shit me off pretty bad that Slater was actually in the box on 9. What other sport in the world even does that?
Maybe you should watch more world sport and then you will find it's commonplace. Who even watches Ch 9 these days? You, no doubt.

I’ve seen a couple of comments re Macca, he was fine tonight and then went off early due to an injury. Blaming him is just diverting attention off the real issue....

I know it gets said after every game with these pricks but it's pretty hard to get close to the Storm when they get away with fucking murder out there. Some of those forward passes that eventually led to tries were fucking laughable. Melbourne seemed to get on top when the refs put the whistle away. Up until then, I thought we were hanging in pretty well despite constancy shooting ourselves in the foot. Anyway, Melbourne can suck on my left nut the fucking cheats.
Not to mention when Cam was playing basketball and pulled it back towards himself the play before putting Welch over... because you know storm play by storm cheating c.nt rules 👍👍👍

Last edited:

We've been "rebuilding" for a decade. The excuse doesn't work every year, we just flat out suck.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • bb_gun
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.