Round 20 - Cowboys vs. Broncos - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a horrible team. Only positive is that Norman and Wallace are out. Why is Glenn in the centres? Why is Maranta still there? Why is Hoffman at Fullback when he has already proven that he is a better winger.

Where is Joe Bond (fullback)? Where is a geniune speedy winger like Kemp? We still have the slowest backline in the comp? Hoffman is the only one with speed.

Griffin is ****ing joke. I'm going to let down his tyres tomorrow because he has just deflated me.

Kemp is out hurt- good research and spray based on insightful knowledge.

I'd push Hodges to fullback, Hoffman to wing and Oates to the centres.

I didn't say anything about the combinations, I'm talking about the team working together. They know each other, they know how they play. Bond, no one knows the kid or the decisions he is going to make.

Slow going if you don't know who the guy is you train with every week and lots of the squad play with.

I'd push Hodges to fullback, Hoffman to wing and Oates to the centres.

I think you might see that but only towards the back end of each half. Hodges won't survive 80 minutes at the back

Under the circumstances I'm happy enough with the team, even that backline. Oates on the wing is a little bit of a head-scratcher, but looks more the part than Greg Eastwood did...

I hope that Wallace plays a good game at replacement hooker, and gets a look in for the run-on team going forward. At this stage I think he may be a better option than Macca. Ideally I'd love for Granville to get an extended run off the bench, but I can't see that happening this year, but maybe next year.

I am happy with this team
I think these are the best selections from the available players

If we lose this one then it will not be because of the team selected, they will just not be good enough

Nashy said:
I didn't say anything about the combinations, I'm talking about the team working together. They know each other, they know how they play. Bond, no one knows the kid or the decisions he is going to make.

They spent the entire off-season with him and have played together with him. He isn't a stranger to them. He also allows Hoffman to play in the position he's excelled in all year, a position the players know that can be trusted on and on the flipside the opposition defence wouldn't know how to handle him initially. We know him better than they do.

Nashy said:
I don't count the winger as a major position in our team, because no matter who goes out there, our options are useless, unless Yoh Yeh has made a full recovery.

It's still a position and to expect a backrow to understand the intricacies of it at this level is crazy. I'd much rather play a natural winger.

Do people have short memories or don't they remember Glenn's last stint in the centres? Need I remind?

1910 said:

Isn't exactly ideal but I'd much rather play that team than play a bunch of players out of position.

That's where I will leave it. I don't think there's a right or wrong approach here - it's just an argument between playing natural players vs. playing your best 17. Both have fair points.

Can we at least both agree that the side is a lot better without Norman?

Last edited:
Hook had to make changes and unfortunately we can't all be happy with them. I always knew that only 1 of Norman or Maranta would go. We simply have too many backs out injured. Stoked to see Norman gone, Thaiday in the backrow and Hunt in the halves. I'll be taking the positives out of the team Hook has named that is for sure.

Why is thaiday at 11? Why not 12? Has he ever played 11. I think we should go all in on one side and hope we score enough points on that side because we won't score points if spreading out our backs. I like the look of 12. Thaiday, happy for Gillett 6. Prince or hunt 1. Hodges 4. Oates 5. Hoffman with Hodges Oates and Hoffman interchangable

F***in Maranta! So frustrating being a supporter!

Season on the line, you want to make as few changes as possible. The team has gelled together all year, why would you put rookies in. Sure, if we lose the next two games, and finals hopes are completely gone, throw them in, but not until then.

I agree Nashy......dropping Norman is CRAZY !!!!

Why is thaiday at 11? Why not 12? Has he ever played 11. I think we should go all in on one side and hope we score enough points on that side because we won't score points if spreading out our backs. I like the look of 12. Thaiday, happy for Gillett 6. Prince or hunt 1. Hodges 4. Oates 5. Hoffman with Hodges Oates and Hoffman interchangable

11 and 12 are just numbers.

Gillett in the halves? Prince/hunt fullback????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • Mustafur
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Strop
  • Brotherdu
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • RodF
  • Redux
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.