Round 20 Discussion

Would have been a rough night for corey normal if he watches footy last night. First he watches he's ex team all put in for each other while the guy he has held out of FB absolutely kills it at the back, then he gets a clear look into his future... That's of course assume if cares about anything more than the money

Nice backline play there from the Raiders, can we assume Milford is one of BHQs favourite non-Broncos? Because he should be.

Nice backline play there from the Raiders, can we assume Milford is one of BHQs favourite non-Broncos? Because he should be.

Been calling for us to sign him before he made his debut, so yeah, he'd be one of mine, alongside Big Papa. Really hoping we'd sign him, he could end up being an all time great fullback if things go his way.

I sense a lot of SJphobia as of late. Too much PDA.

A lot of team changes for the Rabbits tonight.

Justin Hunt, Andrew Everingham, Dave Tyrrell & Nathan Peats OUT

Dylan Farrell, Matt King, Tom Burgess & Luke Keary IN

Will be interesting to hear what the story is, especially with Peats.

It would have been perfect if Dugan took that bomb and scored.

Ouch Nightingale completely smashed Duges with his knee.

Rankin is having the worst game I've seen from a fullback in quite a long time. Dropped two easy balls to begin the game and was very lucky not to give away a try either.

Souths execution is off but Titans aren't even in the contest at this point.

It really is the Burgess show tonight. Tries to both Sam and George.

Last edited:
Luke Keary picks up a double in a slick cameo.

Souths execution was poor early on but the story of the night is that even without GI they still have the Burgess brothers, Luke and co. to step up.

Gold Coast were well off the pace tonight The loss of Srama early in the contest was fatal and Rankin's performance didn't help matters either. Still, Souths were clearly the better team and would have beaten most tonight.

Last edited:
Rabbitohs' financial nerds are going to need one hell of a magic pencil to keep this squad of theirs together... I hate to be saying that because I really appreciate watching great teams with great players play great football... But this is 2013 not 1993...

Rabbitohs' financial nerds are going to need one hell of a magic pencil to keep this squad of theirs together... I hate to be saying that because I really appreciate watching great teams with great players play great football... But this is 2013 not 1993...

It's sad, because as soon as we start dominating again, it's going to happen to us too. Salary cap punishing success is one of the most depressing things in the NRL.

It's sad, because as soon as we start dominating again, it's going to happen to us too. Salary cap punishing success is one of the most depressing things in the NRL.

yep, sport is business nowadays and it's about giving all stakeholders an even share.

Luke Keary picks up a double in a slick cameo.

Have to admit to being a little sceptical regarding bunnies fans talking up their players....they're a pretty parochial bunch

Been a lot of hype about this kid....

I think that's only the 3rd time I've seen him play, but each and every time he's looked VERY classy.

You'd have to think he's chasing an NRL starting spot. Won't get it at Souths for a couple more years with Reynolds and Sutton blocking him.

What's the scoop on him ...contract wise?

Souths should be fine if they manage their financials properly. They may lose a couple of good fringe players but the Burgess brothers should stick together for a couple of more seasons at least.

I just hope that the inflated salary cap enables teams to field quality line ups as opposed to just inflating the salaries of players.

Fourex - Had plenty of interest on the open market but is currently contracted until 2014. Word is Souths will shift Sutton to the backrow and Keary/Reynolds will form a halves pairing.

What impressed me about Keary was that hecarried a fairly mediocre Souths NYC outfit to the finals last year and was constantly the star. His application was by far his best aspect.

It's a shame he slipped through our net.

Last edited:

Active Now

• porouian
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Midean
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • Nerd
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Johnny92
  • Spooky1013
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Browny
  • Santa
... and 51 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.