Round 20 Discussion

Surely Burgess gets a few weeks for his hit on Moylan

We're a few years away yet from the fluency and teamwork the Roosters are putting on right now. It's a training gallop out there

The main missing thing for the Broncos that's needed to consistently challenge the good sides is a good spine. We've been so far behind in this area since Lockyer retired though. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long and it'll start to get fixed once Boyd and Macca are no longer here.

The main missing thing for the Broncos that's needed to consistently challenge the good sides is a good spine. We've been so far behind in this area since Lockyer retired though. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long and it'll start to get fixed once Boyd and Macca are no longer here.

Your proposal is at least 3 years away. Sigh.

The Titans are floating in an abyss I'm not sure they are strong enough to crawl out of.

All Queensland teams combined this round scored 14 and had 126 put on them. That’s not the Queensland spirit 🤦‍♂️

Anyone else see Kane Evans' tackle yesterday? Looked identical to TPJ's, and even though he was similarly sent off, the commentators were harping on how it was a contact sport and these things happen.

It will be interesting to see the charge.

Anyone else see Kane Evans' tackle yesterday? Looked identical to TPJ's, and even though he was similarly sent off, the commentators were harping on how it was a contact sport and these things happen.

It will be interesting to see the charge.

none

The tackle was similar, but it wasn't identical. Evans went in looking for a shot, Lawrie wrong footed him and Evans ended up running into his head chest first. With Pangai, he raced 30m to hit a player who was in the process of trying to catch a ball and happened to get him high with his shoulder.

I still think Evans was fortunate to escape a charge. He intended to put a shot on, got wrong footed and made a meal of the tackle. If anything, he could spend that weekend learning how to tackle properly.

If you want to see an identical situation, check out the Marcelo Montoya hit on Milford. They're the same tackle, right down to both players being run off the ball. Note the difference in commentary, especially from Brandy who makes up every excuse in the book to try and explain why it shouldn't even be a penalty.

The tackle was similar, but it wasn't identical. Evans went in looking for a shot, Lawrie wrong footed him and Evans ended up running into his head chest first. With Pangai, he raced 30m to hit a player who was in the process of trying to catch a ball and happened to get him high with his shoulder.

I still think Evans was fortunate to escape a charge. He intended to put a shot on, got wrong footed and made a meal of the tackle. If anything, he could spend that weekend learning how to tackle properly.

If you want to see an identical situation, check out the Marcelo Montoya hit on Milford. They're the same tackle, right down to both players being run off the ball. Note the difference in commentary, especially from Brandy who makes up every excuse in the book to try and explain why it shouldn't even be a penalty.

I understand what you're saying, but they're identical for mine. They were both trying to put on a shot, both went with a high-risk style, the positioning of the ball-carrier compared to the tackler was compromised at the last moment, hit went bad, with chest-on-head contact.

I understand what you're saying, but they're identical for mine. They were both trying to put on a shot, both went with a high-risk style, the positioning of the ball-carrier compared to the tackler was compromised at the last moment, hit went bad, with chest-on-head contact.

The Evans hit certainly warranted the charge, but they're different scenarios. Similar points of contact, but Sami barely had possession of the ball before they getting hit by Pangai running 30m flat out. On the other hand, Lawrie at least had an opportunity to protect himself and he played a role in the tackle turning out the way that it did.

I don't have an issue with there being a discrepency in this case. I'd loathe to see another repeat of the 2007 Grand Final. It's funny, at the time, barely anyone batted an eyelid over Slater and Crocker taking out Stewart. If that happened a decade later, both would have been sent off and facing months on the sideline.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.