[Round 21, 2021] Knights vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levi played much more like Q Cup last night. I was excited to get him earlier in the year and before he sucked but last night he looked much better.
Could be because he got a few more minutes against the cowboys too. Other games he got about 10 mins and tried to do too much in too shorter time and struggled to work his way into the game.

Maybe what we need in a dummy half is a rotation policy. Keep them hungry for a run while also keeping them fresh.

Opposition also may not know who they'll be up against each week so homework could be difficult.

I know combinations matter but when you're not winning, combinations can actually be a safety net of mediocrity.

Shake it up and make it up
Is that what kevvie’s doing maybe with some of his other selections?

Levi played with width too, putting Gamble through a massive gap he just wasn’t quick enough to get through with one of his first passes.

You can see Levi knows how to play the position, he looks far more natural there than Turpin.

id say with staggs he could be back in a few weeks with the knee but the smart decison would just to be keep him on ice for the rest of the season, let him rehab it fully
Few weeks? There are only 5 games left. Bad luck for the kid but now he has the rest of the winter and the entire summer to mend his wounds. The Broncos are a vastly different side when he is present and is pivotal if they are to be successful in the future.

Turpin also likely out for the season with a high ankle sprain, might be back for the last couple, but doubt he'll be risked.

So..

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Arthars
5. Isaako
6. Gamble
7. Croft
8. Palasia
9. Levi
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemor
17. Robati / Willison

Turpin also likely out for the season with a high ankle sprain, might be back for the last couple, but doubt he'll be risked.

So..

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Arthars
5. Isaako
6. Gamble
7. Croft
8. Palasia
9. Levi
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemor
17. Robati / Willison

I think that is about as good as they can do but I think Paix is out another 2+ weeks, not sure who goes there.

Just look at Origin Game 3 to see the difference Ponga can make to an otherwise thoroughly outclassed side. Our only chance is if we nullify him. Surely if the season gets postponed a couple of weeks though Ponga is sure to injure himself getting out of bed.

When there's no expectations on a team and that team is keen anything is possible. Normally a Broncos team has high public expectations attached but not this team. No one's really expecting a big finish to the season. I do think the team will put a few tries on that show promise during the remaining games. Covid permitting.

With the Knights now playing today, i wonder if this game will proceed as scheduled on Thursday or delayed

I was happy to give us this game easily after last night, but now without Staggs and Turpin, who the **** knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Ozired
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • FACTHUNT
  • simplythebest
  • Redfern_1980
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Foordy
  • barker
  • Lurker
  • RodF
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • BRC088
  • the_next
  • Johnny92
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.