[Round 21, 2021] Knights vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Dont care where he plays really, would just be happy to see him back in the 17.

If he's doing dummy half work likely comes in as the utility... would be interesting to know if Croft is also running some dummy half as well
Chance to give him some much needed match fitness, I would prefer Croft go to 9 and Kelly in the halves.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
As long as the messaging is clear, that's fine but Kevvie doesn't seem great at it unfortunately. At some point though, I agree tough choices need to be made with Riki, Robati, Capewell and Piakura. It is a nice position to be in. If Robati is being given more time to get over injury, that's fine.
What we have there for next year is the making of genuine competition for places. Additionally, we have the assemblance of some real depth in our back row stocks. It will be the ones who are consistently doing the 1% ers who will get the spot.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Doubt he's done anything wrong but willison gets another game and maybe Robati back in a game or 2. Makes sense to rotate the young guys
Kevvie is teaching them patience. And if they want to stay in the team they need to learn the art of consistency.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
I'm not all that confident with this game to be honest.

I think Pearce being back actually helps our cause somewhat as Clifford's kicking game destroyed us when we played the cows. Pearce doesnt kick it as far, but expect Cliff to chime in with some floating bombs from around the 50m line.

Brailey being out is a bonus as he can pick a run and our ruck can get pretty loose at times.

Why I'm not feeling it is primarily around the hooking role. I would prefer Kobe start and Levi come on after 30mins like last week.

Still not keen on Croft although he played much better last week... and I'm worried about the strike we have lost with Katoni gone.

I think Riki had more space last week because the defence was worried about Staggs, with him out they will have an easier time of it and can load up on Riki.

With Riki potentially nullified and no Staggs, Gamble suddenly doesnt have the weapons to strike with, so I'm not sure where the points will come from.

There's also the NSWRL manufacturing that will be absolutely rife... Newcastle are a golden child and have a golden run into the finals. There are a couple teams at the bottom of the 8 which are vulnerable so I can see NSWRL doing everything they can to sneak Newcastle into the 8... even though they'll just get walloped in the first round.

But hey they might be able to sneak some extra eyes with Ponga's presence in the finals and the favourable coverage they'll get from Newcastle sons Matty and Joey on both their media partners
Clifford's bombs are going to be a big worry.. Tesi doesn't look confident under the high ball and juggles most and we all know Issako and Oates have the butter fingers packed in their kit bag though they both have been solid of late.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Clifford's bombs are going to be a big worry.. Tesi doesn't look confident under the high ball and juggles most and we all know Issako and Oates have the butter fingers packed in their kit bag though they both have been solid of late.
Good kick pressure will take care of that.
Clifford gets rattled pretty easily from what i have seen, if we can harass him with good line speed then his kicking game will struggle.
Something we should be doing every game though really.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Albert Kelly is being offered an extension, following this week's selection over Milford.

Ben Ikin:

“There’s a few extensions waiting to be done. We’re still in discussions with Albert but we’re keen to keep him, we think he can play a role for us next year.”

Kevin Walters:

“It was touch and go between Milf and Albert Kelly. Albert nudged in front and got the job. I’m looking forward to having Albert in our 17. He can bring that x-factor off the bench as Anthony could. There are arguments for both. On this occasion we’ve gone with Albert. For the balance of the team and bench we had to bring a player of Albert’s calibre in."

“We’re looking to finish the season with as many wins as we can. We’re full steam ahead here and building to see the season out on a really positive note. That’s our mentality. Watching us over the last month, there’s been a dramatic improvement in our defence. We will see that again tomorrow night. Some major improvement has happened over the last month. I expect that improvement to remain for the rest of the season. We’ve had a really good preparation. We’re trying to exploit everything we can at the moment and every little advantage we can get.”

McHunt

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Albert Kelly is being offered an extension, following this week's selection over Milford.

Ben Ikin:

“There’s a few extensions waiting to be done. We’re still in discussions with Albert but we’re keen to keep him, we think he can play a role for us next year.”

Kevin Walters:

“It was touch and go between Milf and Albert Kelly. Albert nudged in front and got the job. I’m looking forward to having Albert in our 17. He can bring that x-factor off the bench as Anthony could. There are arguments for both. On this occasion we’ve gone with Albert. For the balance of the team and bench we had to bring a player of Albert’s calibre in."

“We’re looking to finish the season with as many wins as we can. We’re full steam ahead here and building to see the season out on a really positive note. That’s our mentality. Watching us over the last month, there’s been a dramatic improvement in our defence. We will see that again tomorrow night. Some major improvement has happened over the last month. I expect that improvement to remain for the rest of the season. We’ve had a really good preparation. We’re trying to exploit everything we can at the moment and every little advantage we can get.”

McHunt
Imagine being Milford edged out by Albert Kelly, what a full from grace. I mean we already knew it, but still…

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Just get the feeling Ponga is going to have one of those games tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.