[Round 21, 2021] Knights vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that note, I don't think it's fair for a minimum wager like him who might be on 60k a year + 2k match payments to pay a 1k fine when players on a million a year also pay a 1k fine. The fine system should be proportional to wage.

He is top 30 so if he’s the bottom of that 30 he has to be on $105,000.

My bad, for some reason I thought he was on a Qcup contract and came in after round 12.

Aren't players 27-30 on a bit less than that? $70k in 2018 increasing by $2.5k p.a.

On that note, I don't think it's fair for a minimum wager like him who might be on 60k a year + 2k match payments to pay a 1k fine when players on a million a year also pay a 1k fine. The fine system should be proportional to wage.
So the guy on a $100k salary who speeds 15km/hr over the limit should pay more than the guy on $40k salary who speeds 15km/hr over?

Don't speed?

So the guy on a $100k salary who speeds 15km/hr over the limit should pay more than the guy on $40k salary who speeds 15km/hr over?

Don't speed?
Absoutely. Do you actually think it's fair, or an equal deterrent when a guy on a million a year cops a $183 speeding fine for going 10k over the limit compared to a guy on 30k?

It's the only fair way to fine people otherwise you're disproportionately punishing the poorest.

Absoutely. Do you actually think it's fair, or an equal deterrent when a guy on a million a year cops a $183 speeding fine for going 10k over the limit compared to a guy on 30k?

It's the only fair way to fine people otherwise you're disproportionately punishing the poorest.
The guy on a million already contributed $450k in tax to the government while the bloke on $30k pretty much nothing.

And you think this strengthens your argument how?
It was my first post regarding the topic so I wasn’t strengthening any argument.

high income earners already get bent over by the government why should they have to pay more money for committing the same offence as someone on a low income. If the offender doesn’t have an income do they pay no fine?

it’s rubbish

We just bagged a home game at Suncorp tomorrow night instead of at the sunny coast
I’m sure the boys will turn up ready for a big one...

Pretty sure there's no advantage to playing at Suncorp at the moment, rumours are every game will have a Roosters home crowd for at least the rest of the month.

So funny and so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Wild Horse
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • KickHaas
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.